Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think about the Mod Manager? (3 max)

I like the Slap Graphics and how I can pick out any pack that is supported
I like the Settings, change aspects of the mod at will
I like the Tileset Changer
Slap Graphics could use some more work
Not enough settings (if so, what?)
Tileset changer has some flaws (suggestions)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: [MAJOR]: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.5 out 14/08/13  (Read 70724 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> Alpha 5 awaits
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2012, 01:09:08 am »

Hehe never fear I reached the level where I do science to try and figure new things out :P

Anyways, I could do a leveling system... But it would be massive, and time comsuming to make.
And DF has it's own leveling system anyways :P

Nice suggestion, And I may use it. Since I will be playing with that concept for mages.

Kingsdragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2012, 01:13:22 am »

After this highly successful fort succumbs to fps death Im so checking this out... I mean mages :D
'She absolutely detests purring maggots' ~ Adrist Duthrom, miner

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2012, 02:42:00 pm »

:P the only mages so far is Human Shapers (icicle, ice shards, ice storm, befuddle/confuse/dizzy, slow), but Alot of people voted for Mages for humans, And I will be making them once I get dwarves updated.

Still got alot to work on.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2012, 08:47:42 pm »

Minor update
Quote from: the Log
NEW
-Dwarves no longer can make (dual) weapons normally, and can only make crossbows with bayonets
-Humans no longer can make (dual) weapons and can only make normal crossbows, but can still make bow + weapon combos
-Breastplate with Paldrons have been removed, and removed from entites.
-Kobold Necklaces and Ankle Bands can only be made from cloth.
-Added Forced to certain Items for entities
-Fixed a Guardian related description phrase as it is not true.
-Ported Automations from Project Clockwerks, intergrated into Regen.
-Made Fyora's Fire Proof
-Fixed up Automations some more, and reworked some body plans
-All automations be it dwarven caste or pet versions can now clean selves and friends.
-Re organized some materials, tallow candles and some special items should stockpile now.
-Made a self-destruct interaction, explosively !!FUN!!
-Made landmines, that work as intended 95% of the time.
Yellow is new stuff. Yup that's right a landmine, Arena tests show it dies from it's own explosion *most* the time. A few resulted in it surviving, altho round 2 usally ends it, or survivors get it (yup the landmine can explode more then once.) The explosion is massive tho, and very, very deadly. This thing puts dragons to shame, truely dwarven craftdwarfship at work. I'll be working on turrents next. Fairly simple, going to be alot easier to get to work then landmines. took me a few hours of tinkering to get it right.

Progress almost seems slow. But there is Progress.

EDIT:
Landmines might be.... OP, a landmine one shot killed one of the cave 3 beasts. So is this good? or Bad?

EDIT2:
Thanks to Vherid for pointing me to Andux's Program "Weird Text Format Tools" here http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4175 I will be able to alter those announcment files. To something more generic since you can embark as 3 races, always getting a A Dwarven Outpost and dwarf refs all the time, I can now make is something more broad.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:13:29 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2012, 12:17:24 am »

Alright hopped around a bit some more, this time updated the wiki a bit more, mainly features and the Dwarves. With their neat pets and castes.

Played a bit more with the custom tileset (3 tiles done WOO!) k not that impressive, Sprites may, or may not be easy to do. Since the game I'm borrowing sprites from lack dwarves (once done another update to credits.)

Just setting up the Turrents body plan, then off to making the stuff so one can start the automation/clockwork business.

After those are setup, making of teh *SUPER* buildings will be next
Humans = Geneforge + Circle of Mages + Hall of the Guardians
Dwarves = McUrist's Mechanical Emporium + Hall of the Warrior

for the Humans these buildings will do:
Geneforge:
Alter a normal humans genes and force basic knowledge into his/her mind. Allowing them to shape creatures

Circle of Mages:
Have a human offer blood/valuable things in hopes to be blessed by the ancients to become a mage

Hall of the Guardians:
A human can take an oath to become a guardian, the oath involves bearing no more children. So they become better protectors.

for the Dwarves these buildings will do:
McUrist's Mechanical Emporium:
Here you have a mechanic go to be trained as a Tinker by McUrist himself.
You can also bring materials and coins to McUrist and he can build and sell you assembiles that Tinkers can use to build clockwork machines from Power Geodes.
Or simply transform a Large Beetle to Clockwork Spiders so you can start your clockwork business.

Hall of the Warrior:
Train blood thirsty fighters here, Meat, Mead, and Battle are what these dwarves want.

I may have to give guardians/fighters more bonuses for the longer they are in service, or something more then a 50% boost to phys. stats.
But all these buildings and super castes are optional, they are just something to strive to get and use. Like addy, I can't remember the last time I acaully mined some out and used it :-/

Oh Btw this post started at like 11AM lol, so that means
I got turrets done, might need to nerf them a bit. Stockpile issues *should* be fixed no time to test with all the work I've been doing in RL.
so far turrets are fun things to place at key points behind fortifications, they shoot at basically anything. Altho they can still charge and push things to death.
Onward to interactions and boilding stones. and buildings! then alpha 6. And that should be it for the ground work.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2012, 12:16:21 pm »

I'm going to put a new poll up, It's interesting noone likes how dwarven fighters need to always drink booze. But I guess most forts always have enough booze anyways ;)

I'm making a new poll if I should go 1 of 2 paths:

Make generic materials (animal leather, bird feather, rough wood, wool, etc.)
and make less stone types (only about 2-3 for each layer type)
And make a "colored brick making" workshop for those that like to build with color.
Or stick with How Regen more of adds onto vanilla

generic material will increase FPS and make trade menus eaasier (why so much leather or meat to pick from?)
Stone layers, Meh I don't think removing a bunch of them will help very much.
Colored Brick Making shop might be fun?

EDIT:
Finished up the interactions for crafting automations, now off to the "learning" reactions + Boiling stones.

EDIT2:
Alpha 6 is 2/3 done
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:06:06 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2012, 11:50:08 pm »

Alpha 6
-Dwarves no longer can make (dual) weapons normally, and can only make crossbows with bayonets
-Humans no longer can make (dual) weapons and can only make normal crossbows, but can still make bow + weapon combos
-Breastplate with Paldrons have been removed, and removed from entites.
-Kobold Necklaces and Ankle Bands can only be made from cloth.
-Added Forced to certain Items for entities
-Fixed a Guardian related description phrase as it is not true.
-Ported Automations from Project Clockwerks, intergrated into Regen.
-Made Fyora's Fire Proof
-Fixed up Automations some more, and reworked some body plans
-All automations be it dwarven caste or pet versions can now clean selves and friends.
-Re organized some materials, tallow candles and some special items should stockpile now.
-Made a self-destruct interaction, explosively !!FUN!!
-Made landmines, that work as intended 95% of the time.
-New intro message on embark.
-Fixed a typo in clockwork spider body plan
-Turrets added, automated defences are a go.
-Dwarves can now craft automations.
-Creations of humans and dwarves now learn fish disection 10x as fast (was 5x)

ALPHA 6 released!
Check the OP for Downloads

What is included in A6?
-You can now test out all the dwarven crafting goodies,
before I put the cost system in.
-Have fun with Assassin Automations, but you need to build a
"TRAINING STAND" and make "TRAINING BAGS" and "TRAIN" centurions and assassins there until they make a *masterpiece*.
Should be fast

-Various things have been removed for better and easier gameplay.

Training bags use FISH DISECTION as the skill, so make sure your fishermen are not hitting the gym while your machines of war sit idle.
So as I chug along until I finish V1.0 I'll be bouncing around making various charts, and trees on how the features work, not to mention guides.
I will also be making Mages, and even more spells, and the Alchemy/Potion making stuff.
And re-working the advanced furnace
Also voting on the future of the mod ends once I release V1.0.
So this is the last version you will get to play with freebies.

If you're having trouble getting Shaping/Crafting to work, shout out. Currently making the guide atm is not on the train of progress to V1.0, it's an after thought.
But I can derail for a bit to explain something if asked.

EDIT:
FUUUuuuuuu---
Just relised why the P&P version was so big, it had a test world still in it >.>
Re-up-loading

EDIT2:
Re-uploaded, should be alot smaller now :P
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:05:28 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> Alpha 6 make those war machines!
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2012, 10:29:36 pm »

Updated the OP a bit more, not much. Just the features I think, and the warning label under the Credits.

Checked the Poll and it seems the votes lean towards the 2 hardest things to do :P well 1 hard to me is "time consuming"
But I should have not too much trouble just as long as I can figure out all of Notepad++'s features.

But progress was delayed to:
Work
Company

but I got two super buildings made, so far just the exterior (btw I got lazy with the build levels, only the finished product looks pretty. So expect to see flying '%'s when building super buildings.)
no guts yet, but now I got to take a step back and go "Whoa, I need to plan out these tech trees."

nekronuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2012, 12:21:40 pm »

huh. how do i pick my race for fortress mode? i'm a tad lost here <_<

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2012, 12:58:11 pm »

huh. how do i pick my race for fortress mode? i'm a tad lost here <_<

Ah, to pick other races to embark as these are the Steps:

Step 1, start the embark (As in "Start Playing" and picking "Fortress Mode")
Spoiler: Image of Step 1 (click to show/hide)
This is what first loads up, notice the "blue statue icons" that means I'm playing as Dwarves, or a civ that uses smoothed caves/mountain fortresses.
But I want to play as Humans, so I hit the 'TAB' key

Step 2, the neighbour menu.
Spoiler: Step 2 image (click to show/hide)
Now I'm in the neighbours menu, at the top I can see what Civ/Race I am currently "Dwarves" just as I had thought.
But I still want to be Humans so, I hit the 'TAB' key once again

Step 3, Picking a civ
Spoiler: Step 3 Image (click to show/hide)
I have underlined all Human civs, because they like to use Nation and Kingdom to end their civ names, Also the gibberish names are kobolds. Since Humans and Kobolds both make towns they have the same Icons in the world map.

So using the (+ plus) and (- minus) keys to go through the list. If you're not sure if the civ is the race you want, TAB through until you get back to the neighbour menu to see if your desired race is at the very top.

EDIT:
In step 3 Confederacy of Pointing is another human civ.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2012, 10:37:05 pm »

Hot Damn, Whil'st helping anoter modder on my IRC Channel I noticed making Dwarven Tinkers are broken for A6, I am getting on the fix atm. Very simple, but very annoying for the... 15? people that downloaded. The fix is as easy as replacing the old TINKER_STONE in "inorganic_regen_crafting.txt" with this one:

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:TINKER_STONE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:Tinker Upgrade]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:7:1][TILE:'#']
[SPEC_HEAT:800000]
[SOLID_DENSITY:9000000]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:9000000]
[MELTING_POINT:5000]
[BOILING_POINT:9000]
[IS_STONE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:0]
[NO_STONE_STOCKPILE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:Upgrade done]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:MALE_NORMAL]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_CLASS:UPGRADE]
[SYN_NAME:Upgraded]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
[CE:CREATURE:DWARF:MALE_TINKER]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:50:0:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:TOUGHNESS:50:0:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:ENDURANCE:50:0:START:0]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:Upgrade done]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:FEMALE_NORMAL]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_CLASS:UPGRADE]
[SYN_NAME:Upgraded]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
[CE:CREATURE:DWARF:FEMALE_TINKER]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:50:0:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:TOUGHNESS:50:0:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:ENDURANCE:50:0:START:0]

The woe of a modder using C&P late at night and tired, to quickly make a mirrored upgrade system.

Also for those that are curious as to my progress.

V1.0
-McUrist’s Mechanical Emporium added
-Hall of the Guardians added
-Circle of Mages added
-Geneforge added, furnace building. Requires magma.
-Fixed gather sticks reaction for adv. mode
-Giant Toads now have a lick attack
-Added Puresteel, 25% stronger then normal steel, but 25% heavier, also better then mithril.
-Sand got a reaction class, so it may now be used in custom reactions.
-Sand can be taken to an advanced furnace to be blown/molded into other glass tools.

EDIT:
Raw only version is now hot fixed

EDIT2:
Hotfixes for both DLs are now up.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:52:06 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2012, 10:07:33 pm »

Ok with my here and there updating, I've managed to get into potion making. Probally once I hit a snag for "ingredients" I'll be jumping to plants and creatures, and from there who knows.

But humans can now make steel, and buy crates of Essence Pods from the home civ (any human civ) which is the main ingredient for making Pure Steel and a few potions. Reason for including essence in potion making is so Dwarves will have a use for it if they choose to buy crates from humans. They also won't be cheap either, I may include crates of other alchemy ingredients or materials so "large orders" can be made for something. Order crate of gold nuggets, sure beats only having the traders come with 1-5 if you so desire to order raw gold.

Also a plan for tallow, it will be a base for poisons and some "salves" I guess, salves will probally be more a trade good then anything. I could make it a food item that boosts stats, it will be hard it imagin a dwarf/human appling the salve to skin/wounds rather then eating it. Can't wait for Toady to make it so materials can give syndromes through contact (like worn items) then I can make Salve a "CLOTH" item, allowing doctors to wrap slaves around wounds to "speed" the healing process. Altho i've never seen any treated patients remove them :-/

I might have to hop over to adv. mode stuff and work on that (Sanure atm has hit a rough patch, and requires some R&R from everything) cause I know the micro-managment of using poison in fortress mode, will be hella lot easier as an adventurer "Drop weapon, dump poison, pick up weapon, PROFIT!" where as fortress mode requires a few more steps, of dumping, forbidding, reclaiming, etc... But I guess those that invest in making posion for weapons/ammo must have the willpower to use it.

I've somewhat got the tech trees sorted out, The concepts keep changing. As for mages I will probally make a "generic" mage just for V1.0, but I will slowly branch off into different fields/elements "Earth Mage, Fire Mage, Water Mage, Life/Air Mage" Altho the Life/Air mage would be more of a Medic/Buff mage, like increase healing/enduracne(so passing out from exertion is harder) or a "windwalk" spell to give a speed boost (Can't wait for the next release so I can only limit it to movement) and crap like that. Where as Fire/Water/Earth will be the combat mages, each with their own special quirks.

Like Fire mages being the most destructive, flinging fire to and fro maybe even globs of magma (at higher levels)
Earth Mages tossing stone/mud/earth, casting stoneskin on comrades to boost Def, and maybe a petrfy spell (at higher levels)
Water mages using water/ice/snow?(maybe might be too dangerous for all, a last resort melee spell?) maybe a drown/suffocate spell (at higher levels)

Issue is, you will need to hunt alot in cavern 3 for some magical beasties, I'm making it so a human has to do research into magic, which of course requires:
Paper
ink
and something magical to examine

Which even the magical item might get used up from being poked and prodded so much. But after enough notes have been made, they can be taken with a piece of leather to make a "Tome of Magic" which is a building block to make the Circle of Mages.

Now gun making for dwarves... I think the hassle of making gunpowder is a tech tree enough, other then adding in gun parts so everything needs to be assembled there is really nothing much more I can do. Guns in trained gunslinger's hands can be very deadly, much more then a crossbow.

I'm thinking the easiest to make and use of all the *Super* buildings will be the Hall of the Guardians, and Fighter's Guild (sounds better?) because, dedicated soldiers that won't be bringing kids to battle (due to sterile) won't get sad when their meat shield dies. And their natural boost to healing should give them an edge in the hospital.
But they cannot be swapped out for other castes, it's a lifelong commitment being a Guardian/Fighter.

Also looking at the Poll again, It seems I have to also plan for having less materials for creatures (no more ogre's teeth for alchemy, meh they have SLOW_LEARNER so butchering them is impossible anyways) nothing I can't work with.

Back to the human steel making, Humans need to make a "metal vat" in which they take 5 bars of iron, 3 flux stones, extra fuel "coke" and the vat, to make a sort of makeshift Blast Furnace that dwarves use. Humans make 1 bar from all that and 8 slag chunks. Now seems unfair right? I guess it is a little bit of a pain, but hey that's what goblins/exiled elves are for, melt their crap. Besides humans are too transfixed on magic and shaping to really delve into better and more effective methods of steel making (I can always alter this in the future)

So:
Thoughts?
Questions?
Ideas?
Concerns?

Annnnd:
My IRC for Regen:FE this requires no regestration, just type a nickname (and hope it's not claimed by a registered member) and join in. I try my best to be on it often, But with work sometimes I will be "away"
So post here, or come to the IRC and discuss Regen.
And a word for those that try and Troll, I am Admin of this channel. So please play nice if you come aboard.

EDIT:
Will be working quite a bit 2morrow, so I may not be on the IRC until Late-ish, with a gap for the other job.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:03:35 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2012, 09:44:59 pm »

Ok I only made a header for Potion Making, since I relised "I don't have any special ingredients other then GREY MOLD!"

But I managed to make a Glass Furnace 2 (like the dwarven Mason's Workshop 2) for humans to use (normal and magma versions) all glass making stuff that involves "blowing" requires flux (something on the wiki mentioned flux, something about making it more 'solid') But since I made a new glass furnace, I gotta add in more stuff for humans to have a real use for it other then the Optional Upgrade Paths (remember Mages, Fighters, Shapers, Tinkers, etc. Are not required to enjoy Regen)

Maybe glass beds and glass anything that can't be made at the normal glass furnace. Maybe add in TES glass armor and weapons? A use for Moonstones (Note to self, give Sunstones, Moonstones, and Bloodstones more value and uses)

Might have to reload Skyrim and see what the crafting guide says about making glass stuff (wait better yet just wiki it, not inclided to reload another clone ripoff with some extras just to figure out what they use to make glass stuff.) Donno if to make it slightly better and lighter then Iron, might make good ammo?

Also here is the Change Log as of now, It's getting big again, maybe cause I document every little thing?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also since of my Mass removal of a huge amount of Animal People and the planned removal of a ton of Giant creatures, I have been looking at making another Civ which is comprised of these two Trolloc + Myrddraal
Been awhile since I read those books, I stopped at the last one the author made, before he died. So once I do make and use them, More credits WOO!
Hate to use someones work/IP without giving them credit. (Sorry Jeff Vogel, for leaving you outta my creds for a good while.)

Of course new civs/races/beasts are not on my mind atm, it's churnning V1.0 which basically means. Finish up those damn tech trees.

EDIT:
Ok finished up the rough draft of teh Geneforge and it's tech tree, It's more of jumping between 2-3 workshops to make what you need. Then it's just collecting Essence Pods so you can make the darn thing.

Essence can be gotten:
From buying Essence Crates from Humans
Butchering Essence (which you can only get essence if you can make essence beetles which means you have to make a geneforge)

I could probally add some cave critter, or some alchemy method for making essence pods. But that all depends if players find it hard to get Essence pods for Pure Steel, Geneforge, Potions.

I think I will make a for fun Potion of immortality stops aging and boosts healing speeds. Also give NO_EAT/DRINK/SLEEP basically making the drinker almost immune to everything. Just a test potion to get me in the groove of things.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:48:24 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2012, 03:47:10 pm »

Ok need a small break from modding, at least the labor. I've hit a stump of what to do next, even tho I know what needs to be done.

Time to get the old Pen and Paper out and start jotting new plans out, This mod I think would make my Database instructor go "Wut?" probally cause she doesn't know DF and yes how the mod pieces it'self together it's like a damned spider-web of realationship tables.

I add one thing, have to re-route several reactions/materials/interacitons/enities just to include the new change and roles :/

Also yuo can tack this on the end of the change long

Code: (New to the Log) [Select]
-Went through some reactions, and renamed the "reagent ids" so they better describe what it needs.
-Humans can make Beds, Quivers, Backpacks, Mechanisms, Chains, Splints, Crutches, Anvils, and Slabs from all 3 glass types.
-All new Glassmaking items require flux.
-Renamed "reaction_regen_mine_shop.txt" to "reaction_regen_tool_shop.txt"
-Glass Blower's Pipes can be made at the Tool Shop from metal.
-Geneforge can now be made at the tool maker's shop.
-Pure Steel can be made at the alchemy lab, 50% chance.
-All new Giant Creatures have now been removed through their own variance file.
-Glass bars (metal) can now be made by humans (Same as IRON but 50% lighter and slightly more valueable, 10% sharper)
-Sunstones, Moonstones, and Bloodstones are now very expensive
-Trogs should come with less dangerous mounts, if any at all. Also new armor options.
-Humans can now make Geneforges, Requires magma. Volcanos or digging deep for ye.
-Upgrading Humans to Shapers take place at the Geneforge
-Renamed some "item" only materials and tools.
-Ornk added as new creation to shape, All in one Milk, Wool/Yarn, and meat creature.
-Added more book materials (like shaping, and magic)
-New building "Reading Stand" added, for any reading jobs. As long as you have the magical book (Office Desks still allow doctors to read medical texts, Reading Stands are for more magic based tomes)

Basically the Changelog just doubled in size DX.

Can't do any playtests as of yet, since Human enity needs a few more items, and alot of reactions are scattered and floating in virtual space with nothing using them.
Dwarves and a few Super buildings need to be worked on/made along with proper sites.

So far the "Reading Stand" is for Human Mages and Shapers (still need to make the Mage) I will probally make a "Tinker's Workbench" so a Tinker can activate the creation process with style. Altho Magic and Shaping tomes will probally be infinite, but making them will be the issue. Magic tome will probally need one made, don't know why you would want mass mage training. But Shaping tomes depending on what you will make alot of and how many shapers you have, you might need alot of books.

Also the Copper/Green Glass TES mix of armor is now something Humans can make. It's a litte sharper then Iron, and %50 lighter, But other then that it's the same as IRON, only Weapons, Ammo, and Armor can be made from it. But you need Sunstones/Moonstones as a reagent, Or Simply buy it from the humans. I don't think alot of people will make it, Unless you got alot of the mentioned gems, flux, copper, and sand. Also it's pretty bright green.

So OFF TO THE DRAWING BOARD for me

EDIT:
ok the making of the Circle of Mages is planned out, Brining back old Regen's Focus Crystals, and these will be dropped by a special Cave 3 Beast, Blood Beasts for now. I have a plan for Blood Beast drops once I get a more reliable Focus Crystal Dropper made up.

Hall of the Guardians is easy enough, just some blocks, and statues. Just a easy to get building. Same with the Dwarven Fighter's Guild.

McUrist's Mechanical Emporium might be a bit tricky, probally just alot to make the assembly. Blocks, Tables, mechanisms, maybe some gold coins to grease McUrist's palms so he can send an associate to man his shop(s) *NOTE McUrist's Assocaites do not count as population, simply a cosmetic dwarf icon in the building*

EDIT2:
Glass is slghtly better then IRON against cutting and doing the cutting. But Blunt attacks have some effect on it. I should lower the IMPACT stats, so blunt weapons do more damage?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 04:34:43 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2012, 08:47:41 pm »

Probably, I kind of like the idea of a fancy specialized composite material including some kind of plate glass!
"Muahhha! Your swords are useless! ...is that a warhammer? OH NOES!"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15