Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "D" ump all required!!  (Read 1712 times)

chronicpayne

• Bay Watcher
  • The graveyards are full of indispensable men.
    • View Profile
"D" ump all required!!
« on: June 06, 2012, 10:39:41 pm »

Please can you add a feature to 'dump all'!

For example if you press k to view a stack of items , you have a lower case d to dump an item. If you added in an uppercase D which simply added the dump designation to every item in the stack, that would be marvelous!!!!

Reason for me asking is im trying to find a way to remove clutter from my surface layer. Having my dwarves clean outside helps removing the corpses of invaders, but does nothing to help with the endless stacks of cloth/loot.

This way i can rip through the stacks, designating it all to be dumped, then using DF hack i can make it poof from the game.

So yes this dump all feature would be quite easy to implement i believe and a nice thing to have.
Either that or enable a feature to 'Dump only forbidden items' which would then force my dwarves to take all the forbidden items to a one tile dump. (or better yet a tile designated with magma for permanent 'removal'.

Thanks!

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
Re: "D" ump all required!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 10:45:08 pm »

[d]-(b)-[d] to designate things you want to dump en masse. It's an easy mnemonic.

DICK
BUTT
DAYS

chronicpayne

• Bay Watcher
  • The graveyards are full of indispensable men.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 10:56:40 pm »

D'oh, thanks haha not sure how i forgot about that.

Since people will be reading this anyways, what are some solutions people have used to deal with surface clutter?

Thanks for the patience, new to DF.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 12:41:34 pm »

Collect it.  Melt down the metal, trade away the cloth and the leather, fire the ammo again.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.