Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the worst bug in DF?

Bug #535: Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic [34.11 save for subbug 1445]
Bug #1582: Injured dwarf in bed in stocked hospital ignored by idle doctors and #94: Injured dwarves not recovered
Bug #5312: Undead reanimate too quickly (and forever)
Bug #2712: weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butter
Bug #1451: Military equipment interferes with civilian equipment - results in miners/woodcutters/hunters unable to work and/or wear their military uniforms [34.11 save]
Bug #2922: Population Cap not working
Bug #412: Nobles job priority is weird (trading, diagnose, talking with liaison and attend meeting jobs have extremely low priority) [34.11 save]
Bug #5097:  Names overwriting text with TrueType
Bug #296: Pools/smears/spatters of blood, dust and other materials multiply themselves, get tracked around too much
Bug #2780: Turtles went extinct on my map (applies to all aquatic vermin)
Bug #5611: Cities overwhelmingly build textile industry shops, almost never wood, stone, or metal-related shops - results in nearly no weapons/armor for sale.
Bug #425: Dwarves Not Cleaning Blood
Bug #4299: Some events can't be zoomed to (from announcements menu) even though they have a definite location
Bug #3190: Long Patrol Negative Thoughts seem to escalate, even with long break. [binary patch in bugreport]
Bug #5263: Abandoned shops not reclaimed - Older towns are almost entirely abandoned in spite of Legends listing population in thousands  [34.05 save]
Bug #4552: Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders
Bug #136 When embarking on large area, DF hits 2GB memory limit and crashes
Bug #3981: Dwarf with "Installing Colony in Hive" Job stuck in middle of nowhere.
Bug #1346: Adamantine thread used for suturing.
Bug #33: Bronze colossus, skeletal creatures, fleshballs, and others are impossible to kill
Bug #3898: Entire Bone Stacks are used in Reactions instead of a single Bone
Bug #2327: Blunt weapons extremely ineffective, extended single combat with groundhog
bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable
Bug #4590: Unarmored creatures give in to pain too easily - Elephant killed by three hoary marmots when elephant gives in to pain from nibbling
Bug #5106: Slain bandits/companions respawn/duplicate in their original location
Bugs #287 & #3147: Medical Dwarfs prefer using non-hospital stockpiles than hospital stocks
[NEW!] Bug #4380 Stockpile options don't work for cloth
Bug #4430: Large gems not moved to stockpile
Bug #3685: Goblin squads invading a fortress will kill their non-goblin squadmates, sparking loyalty cascade
Bug #3015: Invader/sieger mounts flee combat, preventing their riders from fighting (worse with [FLIER] tag)
Bug #4550: Dodging into river/lava/from cliff etc
[NEW!] Bug #5994: Destroying a wall empties the wood stockpile.
[NEW!] Bug #5991: Dwarf tries to build wall standing on the construction site
[NEW!] Bugs #3221 and #600 - hauling ignores burrows
[NEW!] Bug #4530: Marksdwarves won't use training bolts unless combat bolts all used up [34.10 save]
[NEW!] Bug #5895: Bins, bags used for hauling in situations when it is not necessary
[NEW!] Bug #5986: Designating large areas for smoothing slows game to a crawl [34.10 save]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The worst bug - 34.11 poll  (Read 45312 times)

Bulwersator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The worst bug - 34.11 poll
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2012, 05:44:27 am »

"Bug #5991: Dwarf tries to build wall standing on the construction site" replaces "Bug #5102: Sewers inhabitants hanging out underwater near outflows (some of them stuck to walls)"
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 02:11:58 pm »

All other bugs be damned, #1582 is the end-all beat-all bug as far as I'm concerned. Hello, my dwarf is bleeding to death and is missing an arm, WHY IS NOBODY HELPING!?
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 10:54:44 am »

All other bugs be damned, #1582 is the end-all beat-all bug as far as I'm concerned. Hello, my dwarf is bleeding to death and is missing an arm, WHY IS NOBODY HELPING!?

Indeed, if I had a choice I'd put that first and endless zombies second (because without pulping it probably won't be fixed anytime soon) and it looks like teh Internet agrees with me.

Bulwersator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 02:40:26 pm »

It seems that "Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic" is failing from first to the third place.

Indeed, if I had a choice I'd put that first and endless zombies second (because without pulping it probably won't be fixed anytime soon) and it looks like teh Internet agrees with me.

5312 may be retitled as "we want pulping" :)
the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2012, 04:52:50 pm »

Yeah, but that is related to "Noble Job Priority is Weird", in that Urist mcTrader decides to haul along with Urist McUseless, and Urist McDiagnoser decides he should clea the entire fortress (which considering the Syndromes probably would help reduce hospitalization rates, but still. )
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2012, 05:53:41 pm »

Great Poll!  Merits a Sticky. 

Burrows not restraining haulers(and soldiers), get my vote.  11 others of ya agree, sofar.  Sincerely, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 12:07:48 pm »

It seems that "Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic" is failing from first to the third place.

Well now it's not that so much as they just plain don't equip helms/gauntlets/boots over clothing any more, unless you replace all clothing (and even then some people are reporting problems, including wearing breastplates over chain shirts – haven't tried that yet myself). I dunno, it's kind of a mess.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2012, 10:14:28 am »

I'm not sure if this is even on the bug tracker, but my own vote for the worst bug would be that having large quantities of Uniits on the dead/missing list causes Unrecoverable lag.
As a work around i basically just turn invasions off once the lag gets significant.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Muddy Mudstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2012, 11:29:28 am »

hello, how do i binary patch?

It looks like a hex offset followed by some bytes (also in hex). So you'll want to obtain a hex editor (e.g.
xvi32), open Dwarf Fortress.exe in it, find the offset (= position in the code, the big number), and change the bytes specified (from what's on the left of the arrow -> to what's on the right).

Obviously make a copy the exe first in case I'm completely wrong and you need to restore it.

Muddy Mudstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2012, 11:37:59 am »

My pet peeve Bug #4430: Large gems not moved to stockpile, should really be named "Artifact gems cannot be moved". You actually have to mod them into something else to move them at all. That's the consequence of this bug that is most annoying.

I always used to move them by (d)umping them, doesn't that work any more?

Oh you said artifact, never mind.

Bulwersator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 01:18:44 am »

I'm not sure if this is even on the bug tracker, but my own vote for the worst bug would be that having large quantities of Uniits on the dead/missing list causes Unrecoverable lag.
As a work around i basically just turn invasions off once the lag gets significant.
AFAIK this one requires science to produce nice bug report (I plan to do this but now I wait for Toady to process existing bugreports with a good saves, like http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1451 and http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1445 )

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 02:07:36 am »

Sure, but those aren't exactly Fort destroying bugs :P
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

TheTinCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2012, 07:39:46 am »

This.
The only solution I've come to so far is to grab DFHack, designate a ton of corpses/my refuse pile to dump, and then use autodestroy. Helps so much with lag.
I also use it to remove all the single bolts littered outside, any clothing my dwarves drop in the fortresss and decide to leave there forever, etc.
Autodestroy is your best friend  ;)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 07:45:07 am »

Deconstructions causing item teleport seems pretty bad too, maybe could add it to the list.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5994
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:59:55 am by MarcAFK »

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2012, 03:02:12 pm »

#5895 is very annoying. Already winning fourth place and will go up for sure.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6