Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the worst bug in DF?

Bug #535: Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic [34.11 save for subbug 1445]
Bug #1582: Injured dwarf in bed in stocked hospital ignored by idle doctors and #94: Injured dwarves not recovered
Bug #5312: Undead reanimate too quickly (and forever)
Bug #2712: weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butter
Bug #1451: Military equipment interferes with civilian equipment - results in miners/woodcutters/hunters unable to work and/or wear their military uniforms [34.11 save]
Bug #2922: Population Cap not working
Bug #412: Nobles job priority is weird (trading, diagnose, talking with liaison and attend meeting jobs have extremely low priority) [34.11 save]
Bug #5097:  Names overwriting text with TrueType
Bug #296: Pools/smears/spatters of blood, dust and other materials multiply themselves, get tracked around too much
Bug #2780: Turtles went extinct on my map (applies to all aquatic vermin)
Bug #5611: Cities overwhelmingly build textile industry shops, almost never wood, stone, or metal-related shops - results in nearly no weapons/armor for sale.
Bug #425: Dwarves Not Cleaning Blood
Bug #4299: Some events can't be zoomed to (from announcements menu) even though they have a definite location
Bug #3190: Long Patrol Negative Thoughts seem to escalate, even with long break. [binary patch in bugreport]
Bug #5263: Abandoned shops not reclaimed - Older towns are almost entirely abandoned in spite of Legends listing population in thousands  [34.05 save]
Bug #4552: Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders
Bug #136 When embarking on large area, DF hits 2GB memory limit and crashes
Bug #3981: Dwarf with "Installing Colony in Hive" Job stuck in middle of nowhere.
Bug #1346: Adamantine thread used for suturing.
Bug #33: Bronze colossus, skeletal creatures, fleshballs, and others are impossible to kill
Bug #3898: Entire Bone Stacks are used in Reactions instead of a single Bone
Bug #2327: Blunt weapons extremely ineffective, extended single combat with groundhog
bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable
Bug #4590: Unarmored creatures give in to pain too easily - Elephant killed by three hoary marmots when elephant gives in to pain from nibbling
Bug #5106: Slain bandits/companions respawn/duplicate in their original location
Bugs #287 & #3147: Medical Dwarfs prefer using non-hospital stockpiles than hospital stocks
[NEW!] Bug #4380 Stockpile options don't work for cloth
Bug #4430: Large gems not moved to stockpile
Bug #3685: Goblin squads invading a fortress will kill their non-goblin squadmates, sparking loyalty cascade
Bug #3015: Invader/sieger mounts flee combat, preventing their riders from fighting (worse with [FLIER] tag)
Bug #4550: Dodging into river/lava/from cliff etc
[NEW!] Bug #5994: Destroying a wall empties the wood stockpile.
[NEW!] Bug #5991: Dwarf tries to build wall standing on the construction site
[NEW!] Bugs #3221 and #600 - hauling ignores burrows
[NEW!] Bug #4530: Marksdwarves won't use training bolts unless combat bolts all used up [34.10 save]
[NEW!] Bug #5895: Bins, bags used for hauling in situations when it is not necessary
[NEW!] Bug #5986: Designating large areas for smoothing slows game to a crawl [34.10 save]

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The worst bug - 34.11 poll  (Read 45300 times)

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The worst bug - 34.11 poll
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2014, 01:42:10 am »

Haven't seen this in a while. Would be interesting to see how many of these are confirmed to have been knocked off already, or definitely planned to be solved with the job priority rewrite. Can easily identify a good number of them that's gone already :D

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2014, 10:41:41 am »

I find bug 5895 particularily annoying because of efficiency, also seed spam. Although sometimes using bins is actually the right way to do things such as collecting gems. Sometimes they just don't use them efficiently.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2014, 11:20:23 pm »

I think the blunt weapons issue is probably one of the biggest, especially in fort mode where they take ages to break every bone in their opponent's body before they finally deliver a fatal headshot.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2014, 01:32:06 am »

5895...but the seeds and bags. oh, the dwarves, seeds, bags, and cancelation spam. 

...ah wait, I clicked the one about not cleaning blood spatters except once in a blue moon.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2014, 02:16:41 am »

Torn between the bone stack bug and the install colony in hive bug.

Midas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2014, 11:27:09 am »

Military equipment works really weird, but I can go with it. Immortal undead (oh, yeah!) is annoying, but just consider it to be a part of the concept.
Buggy hospital is more serious, but, again, it works most of the time.
So I pick Large Gem bug - totally hate piles of unmoveable treasures!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2014, 11:57:55 am »

As a purely adv. mode player, lack of anything remotely worthwhile in towns is a real killer for me.
Bulwersuje mnie to. (poking fun at Bulwersator here :P)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:00:51 pm by DarkDXZ »

Tiresais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2014, 04:59:24 am »

I cant count the number of times I've been at hair-ripping-out stage when my broker drinks-on break-sleeps-on breaks so that he misses the trade caravan. One time I sent the trader into the cavern to be ripped limb-from-limb by a giant spider, good times... But that is slightly survivable if you get a magma forge up quick enough, what's often a death knell to a non-cheatsidoodles fort is the absolute neglect of doctors and recoverers.

There's no way to survive ambushes and seiges without proper care, otherwise those 'flesh wounds' kill anyone with any skill in arms...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]