Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the worst bug in DF?

Bug #535: Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic [34.11 save for subbug 1445]
Bug #1582: Injured dwarf in bed in stocked hospital ignored by idle doctors and #94: Injured dwarves not recovered
Bug #5312: Undead reanimate too quickly (and forever)
Bug #2712: weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butter
Bug #1451: Military equipment interferes with civilian equipment - results in miners/woodcutters/hunters unable to work and/or wear their military uniforms [34.11 save]
Bug #2922: Population Cap not working
Bug #412: Nobles job priority is weird (trading, diagnose, talking with liaison and attend meeting jobs have extremely low priority) [34.11 save]
Bug #5097:  Names overwriting text with TrueType
Bug #296: Pools/smears/spatters of blood, dust and other materials multiply themselves, get tracked around too much
Bug #2780: Turtles went extinct on my map (applies to all aquatic vermin)
Bug #5611: Cities overwhelmingly build textile industry shops, almost never wood, stone, or metal-related shops - results in nearly no weapons/armor for sale.
Bug #425: Dwarves Not Cleaning Blood
Bug #4299: Some events can't be zoomed to (from announcements menu) even though they have a definite location
Bug #3190: Long Patrol Negative Thoughts seem to escalate, even with long break. [binary patch in bugreport]
Bug #5263: Abandoned shops not reclaimed - Older towns are almost entirely abandoned in spite of Legends listing population in thousands  [34.05 save]
Bug #4552: Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders
Bug #136 When embarking on large area, DF hits 2GB memory limit and crashes
Bug #3981: Dwarf with "Installing Colony in Hive" Job stuck in middle of nowhere.
Bug #1346: Adamantine thread used for suturing.
Bug #33: Bronze colossus, skeletal creatures, fleshballs, and others are impossible to kill
Bug #3898: Entire Bone Stacks are used in Reactions instead of a single Bone
Bug #2327: Blunt weapons extremely ineffective, extended single combat with groundhog
bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable
Bug #4590: Unarmored creatures give in to pain too easily - Elephant killed by three hoary marmots when elephant gives in to pain from nibbling
Bug #5106: Slain bandits/companions respawn/duplicate in their original location
Bugs #287 & #3147: Medical Dwarfs prefer using non-hospital stockpiles than hospital stocks
[NEW!] Bug #4380 Stockpile options don't work for cloth
Bug #4430: Large gems not moved to stockpile
Bug #3685: Goblin squads invading a fortress will kill their non-goblin squadmates, sparking loyalty cascade
Bug #3015: Invader/sieger mounts flee combat, preventing their riders from fighting (worse with [FLIER] tag)
Bug #4550: Dodging into river/lava/from cliff etc
[NEW!] Bug #5994: Destroying a wall empties the wood stockpile.
[NEW!] Bug #5991: Dwarf tries to build wall standing on the construction site
[NEW!] Bugs #3221 and #600 - hauling ignores burrows
[NEW!] Bug #4530: Marksdwarves won't use training bolts unless combat bolts all used up [34.10 save]
[NEW!] Bug #5895: Bins, bags used for hauling in situations when it is not necessary
[NEW!] Bug #5986: Designating large areas for smoothing slows game to a crawl [34.10 save]

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The worst bug - 34.11 poll  (Read 44930 times)

Bulwersator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
« on: June 07, 2012, 03:18:07 am »

Previous poll (34.07-34.10)

Note to self: watchlist is stored in Buglist account on bug tracker.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:28:44 am by Bulwersator »
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: The worst bug - 34.11 poll
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 03:22:18 am »

Confirmation: this is my new account
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 06:11:00 am »

Can we have:

Bug #4530: Marksdwarves won't use training bolts unless combat bolts all used up

added to the list?
It is imho the second worst of the still left equipment bugs (first one being #1451 already on the list).
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

mazterlith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 06:14:20 am »

There is also #5991, where a dwarf stands in the location of a wall trying to be built and forever suspends the task.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 06:18:14 am »

Yeah #5991 is a new bug that appeared in 0.34.11.
It explodes in gore!

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 06:27:17 am »

There is the announcement spam from burrows with stockpiles in them for getting anything from outside the burrow bug that deserves mention.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 06:34:34 am »

There is the announcement spam from burrows with stockpiles in them for getting anything from outside the burrow bug that deserves mention.

It is #3221 and #600 and their friends.
It explodes in gore!

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 07:12:06 am »

Yes that. It makes burrows much less useful than they should be, including for their primary function of segregating the fort.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 07:45:15 am »

My pet peeve Bug #4430: Large gems not moved to stockpile, should really be named "Artifact gems cannot be moved". You actually have to mod them into something else to move them at all. That's the consequence of this bug that is most annoying.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 08:19:58 am »

It kind of feels like the list gets longer and longer every time. It's really hard to pick one out and vote.

Good job keeping rack of the worst ones anyway!
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 08:58:03 am »

#3190 (long patrol) has a binary patch for Win32 v0.34.11 SDL - if anybody's interested, I can produce patches for Win32 Legacy, Linux, and MacOS without too much trouble.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 09:23:42 am »

By the way
Bug #1451: Military equipment interferes with civilian equipment (picks/axes/crossbows/quivers)

should have included in its description that it causes Miners/Woodcutters/Hunters to never wear their military armor while civilian.
This is imho much worse consequence of this bug than the fact that they use two separate axes or picks.
It explodes in gore!

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 10:54:24 am »

#3190 (long patrol) has a binary patch for Win32 v0.34.11 SDL - if anybody's interested, I can produce patches for Win32 Legacy, Linux, and MacOS without too much trouble.

Thanks for the info!  For the less computer-literate amongst us, how does one go about using the

Just for fun, here's a binary patch (untested) that should fix the problem in Win32 DF v0.34.10 SDL:

007E46EC : 00 1E 53 -> 90 BB 42

And for Win32 v0.34.11 SDL:

007E5CFC : B0 C0 42 -> 20 4F 7D

lines of code to patch the game?  Or am I better off looking up how to use binary patches on executables from Google?

EDIT:

Also, what thead do I use to submit a bug to be included in this poll?  I really am irked that war-animals assigned to your soldiers behave like civilians, and so stay in your fort when you active your civilian "stay in the fort" alert/burrow.  I've had to make an elaborate holding-tank area with 'airlocks' in order to let my military animals run out with my soldiers, in a convoluted way.

EDIT CHAPTER II: SLAVES TO ARMOK:

Also not sure if enemy zombie dwarves stuffing all my coffins is a bug, or working as intended...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:25:22 am by Xen0n »

Bulwersator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 11:49:57 am »

Can we have:

Bug #4530: Marksdwarves won't use training bolts unless combat bolts all used up

added to the list?
It is imho the second worst of the still left equipment bugs (first one being #1451 already on the list).

OK, this bug replaced "Bug #434: Reaction jobs (unlike other jobs) don't look outside burrow for workers and raw materials (works through manager)".

It kind of feels like the list gets longer and longer every time. It's really hard to pick one out and vote.
Yes, I decided that from now I will replace less popular bugs, not add new positions.

the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Bulwersator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 12:22:57 pm »

It is #3221 and #600 and their friends.

Added as "Bugs #3221 and #600 - hauling ignores burrows", replacing "Bug #874: Dwarves refuse to butcher some corpses (buzzards in particular)"

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6