Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where is the dungeon?  (Read 1125 times)

mustafa2812

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Where is the dungeon?
« on: June 07, 2012, 07:27:34 pm »

So I have to kill this goblin master that's been causing the town trouble but hes in the town dungeon.  No clue how to get there or what it looks like.  I am using the Mayday tileset if that helps at all.  Ive looked around a bunch but I wouldn't have the first clue what to do lol

lignition

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where is the dungeon?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 07:33:48 pm »

Go to the nearest town, look for a hatch. Hit 'l' to look at the tiles around you, hatches to get in are usually in the town's fort. Once you find this hatch, hit '>' to go down.

mustafa2812

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 07:40:20 pm »

I am taking a break from the game at the moment so I haven't tried to locate it any further, but what exactly is the town's fort?  I found an area with a "lady" so that seems like some noble area or something.

lignition

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 07:44:28 pm »

I am taking a break from the game at the moment so I haven't tried to locate it any further, but what exactly is the town's fort?  I found an area with a "lady" so that seems like some noble area or something.

Look on the first floor for a hatch, but finding enemies in dungeons usually doesn't work. You can go down anyways for the armor and weapons if you don't mind fighting whatever lives there.

mustafa2812

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 08:21:54 pm »

Ok well I found it and a super powerful goblin with iron armor slaughtered me and my crew.  Oh well, that's adventure mode for ya.

lignition

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 08:42:32 pm »

Ok well I found it and a super powerful goblin with iron armor slaughtered me and my crew.  Oh well, that's adventure mode for ya.
And that's what I meant by 'what lives there'. If you level up ambushing you can just sneak around and take stuff from the floor.

mustafa2812

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 06:50:09 pm »

Ya it seemed like a "higher level" area, with gems and weapons and armor strewn everywhere.  It was a goldmine...and a death trap.  So I could potentially sneak past those goblins with a higher ambushing skill?  And I can raise that by...crawling/crouching while im moving?

lignition

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 06:58:13 pm »

Ya it seemed like a "higher level" area, with gems and weapons and armor strewn everywhere.  It was a goldmine...and a death trap.  So I could potentially sneak past those goblins with a higher ambushing skill?  And I can raise that by...crawling/crouching while im moving?

There is no "higher level" in DF. The bandits you might end up fighting on your first quest can kill you with a grain of sand.

Mister Dirks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 08:05:42 pm »

In order to actually sneak, you have to push S on your keyboard. Not sure if crawling boosts it or not, I doubt it though.
Every village = Farm plots
Vegetables grow and wither...
Thats about 100 tiles of dead food...

NECROMANCY, RAISE THE VEGETABLES!
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD THROUGH HEALTHY GOODNESS!!

mustafa2812

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 10:40:06 am »

Oh ya I know theres no higher level it was just a joke.  But ya I didn't know there was a difference between sneaking and crawling.  Because if you press S on the keyboard then you are "on the ground" and you can crawl under peoples legs and stuff.  But ok ya so just walk around after pressing S.  It's like oblivion, you raise your sneak still by...crouch walking everywhere lol.