Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32

Author Topic: All U.S. Internet Providers will be policing downloads by July 1, 2012  (Read 55459 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Drone hosts don't strike me as that good an idea.  Wouldn't they be prone to... say, being caught in bad weather or colliding with air traffic?
The sky is a big place, so they could avoid air traffic areas pretty easily. As for bad weather, they could move or land if need be through an automatic warning system.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eventually the whole internet will be stored in a neutral territory floating sky city over the atlantic, it will have its own airfield to dock and distribute its internet drones.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Eventually the whole internet will be stored in a neutral territory floating sky city over the Atlantic, it will have its own airfield to dock and distribute its internet drones.
In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only Googletopia.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Eventually the whole internet will be stored in a neutral territory floating sky city over the Atlantic, it will have its own airfield to dock and distribute its internet drones.
In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only Googletopia.
OH GOD DAMMIT.

Here comes a new RTD idea.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Eventually the whole internet will be stored in a neutral territory floating sky city over the atlantic, it will have its own airfield to dock and distribute its internet drones.
So when people ask me "is the Internet down?" they will finally be semantically accurate in their query.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My favorite part of this would be the literal piracy.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Let's not pretend. You'd all take the chance to be Skynet Pirates.
No Gods, No Masters.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We could take over a blimp and name it Bay 12. We would also need to get Toady One and some of the high post count guys on there.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE.

YOU.

ARE.

A.

PIRATE.

GET HIM.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Dude, I'm already polishing my chrome eyepatch.

/varrrr/

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Dude, I'm already polishing my chrome eyepatch.

/varrrr/
Remember folks, due to the nature of its Threat Recognition Algorithms, the Googletopia Skynet Overmind will not attempt to vaporize Skynet Pirates in its employ until the rest of humanity has been fully exterminated, which is statistically unlikely to ever occur!

Join the Skynet Pirates today!
No Gods, No Masters.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't forget we'd also literally have internet neutrality.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

And China's Great Firewall will be a plexiglas dome over the country.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Three strikes did not work for France. (it worked in a 'more work, but not any success' kinda way as far as I've read) Doubling the number will not help the bastard idiots here.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Didn't it? Any source for that? All I could find on French Wikipedia was a polls saying 53% of people pirated less since Hadopi was on.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32