Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: conquering hfs with archers  (Read 8264 times)

xeniorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: conquering hfs with archers
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 05:36:37 am »

AFAIK no, they're usually made of materials that fall apart when they die (sometimes with a bang) anyway.
This Wine tastes like schist!
Shut your mouth and admire some gneiss furniture.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 05:39:24 am »

Here's a worrying thought;  We've pretty much made invading the HFS somewhat easy with conventional dwarven trickery (as a pose to using stupid dwarf tricks).  What's Toady going to turn loose upon us next?  Elder Gods?...

AFAIK no, they're usually made of materials that fall apart when they die (sometimes with a bang) anyway.

There's usually at least one or two animal-types in the genned mix though.  I've seen Pterosaur Demons and Spring Green Demons that were "koalas twisted into humanoid form".  I'm moderately certain I've seen "prepared [demon type] organs" around the kitchen stocks as well.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:42:19 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 05:51:39 am »

I'd be shocked if dwarves didn't eat the demons they killed. After all, if they're willing to eat a poison spewing monstrosity, why not a flying dinosaur thing that hates all life?

nopil3os

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 06:11:09 am »

yeah those made out of ash and salt and flames are no good. but my butchers are currently working furiously to turn those sauropod brutes into delicious steaks oO

I'd be shocked if dwarves didn't eat the demons they killed. After all, if they're willing to eat a poison spewing monstrosity, why not a flying dinosaur thing that hates all life?

i'd like to sig that if that's okay :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 06:15:22 am by nopil3os »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 06:25:47 am »

Of course! Always an honor to be found sig-woorthy around here.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 11:47:01 am »

Also, fun fact: FBs spawn in HFS once it's discovered, like any cavern layer. And they are hostile to the locals.

I don't think this is true - Or at least I never saw it happen.  Could very well have been pure RNG luck on my part

They do.  I saw some FB turtle arrive in Hell.  He was on the dead unit list shortly afterwards.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 12:18:12 pm »

This isn't _quite_ accurate.  Demons will spawn on the map edge, but only in a single group of roughly 3-5 and they'll eventually exit the map after a while if nothing happens.  Pretty much like surface and cave wildlife.  Killing the initial Clown Car rush of 40-odd demons is the real challenge.  The survivors of it are what generally give you an unhealthy roaming population in the HFS.

Sorry, sir. I'm not as experienced and therefore knowledgeable about the matters of hell. But that's actually what I meant, even though I didn't manage to find the right words for it.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 08:36:35 pm »

Also, fun fact: FBs spawn in HFS once it's discovered, like any cavern layer. And they are hostile to the locals.

I don't think this is true - Or at least I never saw it happen.  Could very well have been pure RNG luck on my part

Well there you go then.  I must've gotten lucky.

This isn't _quite_ accurate.  Demons will spawn on the map edge, but only in a single group of roughly 3-5 and they'll eventually exit the map after a while if nothing happens.  Pretty much like surface and cave wildlife.  Killing the initial Clown Car rush of 40-odd demons is the real challenge.  The survivors of it are what generally give you an unhealthy roaming population in the HFS.

Sorry, sir. I'm not as experienced and therefore knowledgeable about the matters of hell. But that's actually what I meant, even though I didn't manage to find the right words for it.

S'all good  :P

They do.  I saw some FB turtle arrive in Hell.  He was on the dead unit list shortly afterwards.
Pages: 1 [2]