Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Community Mod  (Read 19382 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mod
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2012, 09:50:57 pm »

At the risk of some complaints I'm going to say we have a rule that the end product must be playable to a certain degree.

Define this "Playable" you speak of...

No crashes, no dieing in the first season, no insta-kill weapons, no major changes to base-dwarves.

Thats my ideas.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2012, 10:46:52 pm »

So no crashes, no insta kill weapons.... What about changes to workshops and the like?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Montopolis

• Bay Watcher
  • City on the Mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2012, 10:57:15 pm »

Well, I'm somewhat new to Dwarf Fortress and modding, but...
Sign me up!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you, saying 'Damn, that was fun.'"

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2012, 11:08:52 pm »

At the risk of some complaints I'm going to say we have a rule that the end product must be playable to a certain degree.

No crashes, no dieing in the first season, no insta-kill weapons, no major changes to base-dwarves.

Thats my ideas.

Does the "no major changes to base-dwarves" include putting in an animal that makes many useful things for the dwarves?
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2012, 11:11:28 pm »

Thats my ideas.

Does the "no major changes to base-dwarves" include putting in an animal that makes many useful things for the dwarves?

On that, my ideas are these.

NO MEGA-WEAPON INSTA KILLS, no death stars, no swords that shoot magma, no cage-trap shooting machine guns, no spawning throwable magma, etc.

NO BASE CHANGES TO DWARVES, this includes -Editting the ethics, editting the actual creature, etc. Anything else is good-

NO CRASHES-You must be able to fast travel in ADV, embark and live, and view legends mode.

NO DIEING IN SECONDS-There cant be a bag of magma that sets the map on fire, there cant be hyper-animals that has [SPEED:0], etc.

Thats just my ideas.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2012, 11:15:16 pm »

I am definitely going to sign up for this. It'll give me a chance to update my older sentients to 34.11, and add my other creatures.

I'm tempted to make another 'positive syndrome' creature.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2012, 12:20:55 am »

Dont sign me up, I would end up changing all the reactions without changing the reaction names. And suddenly you make "soap" from fresh skin and get a gold bar in the end. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2012, 12:44:58 am »

So it sounds like we are allowed new creatures, new entities, new materials, new workshops, new reactions, and new items? That about cover it?

Also, We need to pick a version. I suppose 34.11?
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2012, 12:48:48 am »

Im not the OP, I dont decide. Im just giving ideas for rules.

I am gonna modgasm when this gets handed to me...

Dont ask what a modgasm is, but it involves me going through every single file trying to figure out what the hell I am looking at, drinking tea and rubbing my temples.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2012, 12:52:33 am »

We all do that, I think, when we first start. It'll pass.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2012, 01:06:19 am »

Man this is going to be so good.

Is it going to be serious, or exactly like S.L.A.D.E.?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2012, 01:27:46 am »

Man this is going to be so good.

Is it going to be serious, or exactly like S.L.A.D.E.?

Time will tell the details.

What the first three people on the list make will most likely determine what kind of outcome this project has... err, will have. Stupid use of grammar, NG!
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2012, 01:41:51 am »

I'm generally gonna agree on the playableness idea. Making new controllable civs is fine, but leave in the dwarves. As you may notice in the first post, axemans turn has been started. 34.11 is in fact the version number we're using.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2012, 03:13:18 am »

Hmm, I'd say you are allowed to change the Dwarvers, but the game should be:

Playable in adventurer, with all the "features" available and without it being too hard/too easy.
Playable in fort mode, with relevant features available without being too hard/too easy.
No overpowered instakill enemies, syndromes, etc.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2012, 01:57:20 pm »

It shouldn't be harder to survive than Fortress Defense added to Kobold Camp.

axeman: Will you let us know at least a vague idea of what you're doing? I want to know if I should plan to make demiliches or robots.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15