Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vaci Denathithu, the Elf Goblin  (Read 5420 times)

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vaci Denathithu, the Elf Goblin
« on: June 10, 2012, 01:26:46 am »

A goblin ambush attacked my fortress, lead by this elf. Intrigued, I copied my world and went into legends to see what the hell was up. As you can see, when she was born she was already a survivor, having evaded a dusk creature. Abducted at 2, joined the goblin civ at 11,  became a scout for them at 12, married another elf slave[who was also a farmer, I looked him up.] in the goblin settlement at 26, and produced 14 elven kids with goblin names. At first I thought she married a goblin and started having goblin kids, but upon further inspection these kids were just evil as hell elves. Well, maybe not evil... I looked up one, and all he really did was settle in another goblin city, become a farmer like his dad, killed a human and ate him, then it specifically says he MURDERED a goblin, then scouted for the goblin city and was struck down by a human.

I'm not sure if this is typical or anything, but this Goblin Elves are highly intrigueing. Anyone else notice neat stuff like this?
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vaci Denathithu, the Elf Goblin
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 03:24:17 am »

I did have a dwarf turn up as the general of a goblin civilization, and leading a massive siege, but I wasn't thinking to jot down his name and have a look in legends later.  Maybe next time.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 03:53:50 am »

D-double heresy?
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 04:00:09 am »

At first I was just confused.  Then my idiots showed the invaders a back door through the caverns that they hadn't noticed (too long a path to bother with maybe?), the invaders followed, and I was a little too busy to wonder about General Turncoat anymore.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Pride

• Bay Watcher
  • Long live the King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 10:36:46 am »

You should hold her hostage and see if one of her children come to rescue her. Maybe you can capture all the surviving ones.

If not, you could always boot up an aventurer and make it your goal to kill each of her remaining offspring.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 05:00:26 am »

Seems goblins are doing their brainwashing well enough.

I also like how he started to name his sons with goblin names just after the conquest.

At least he didn't married a goblin lady...

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 08:40:15 am »

It's pretty standard practice in the fantasy genre, the proper term is "non-voluntary goblinization"
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

jens03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 08:51:45 am »

"in 40, Vaci was inprisoned by The Raw Seducer"
 :o

Okaay..

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 10:43:13 am »

Yeah, this is pretty common.  If you check your histories you'll find that there are also humans and dwarves that were snatched as children and raised to be goblin-like in goblin towns, some succeeding quite well despite (or because of?) not being goblins.

Heck, looking in the history of my previous fortress' world, I found a dwarven snatcher named Tekkud Swordrooters that snatched other humans, elves, and dwarves for the goblin civilization that she was a part of (she was abducted at age 7).  Seriously, she has one successful abduction per year for the 21 years so far that she's been a snatcher.  That's 4 humans, 2 elves, and 15 dwarves successfully snatched.  By a dwarf.
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 11:03:53 am »

An elf fighting with the goblins?  I would have told my army to kill her first.

I had a recent ambush by the goblins that was led by a human.  He was quickly targeted for slaughter.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 12:48:21 pm »

With my last fort to get goblin invasions (my current is pretty new, previous I abandoned soon after start), I had a human hammerman lead a goblin squad. So yea, I think these are pretty common. Why'd you think the goblins keep abducting kids? :P

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 09:08:47 pm »

Heck, looking in the history of my previous fortress' world, I found a dwarven snatcher named Tekkud Swordrooters that snatched other humans, elves, and dwarves for the goblin civilization that she was a part of (she was abducted at age 7).  Seriously, she has one successful abduction per year for the 21 years so far that she's been a snatcher.  That's 4 humans, 2 elves, and 15 dwarves successfully snatched.  By a dwarf.

It's not snatching, it's liberating. Obviously she feels the goblin lifestyle is superior and works tirelessly to guide her unfortunate, oppressed brethren to freedom.
The good news is that ghosts die of old age.

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 04:09:35 pm »

It's not snatching, it's liberating. Obviously she feels the goblin lifestyle is superior and works tirelessly to guide her unfortunate, oppressed brethren to freedom.

So thats why I'm getting the happy thoughts, "Urist McGoblinsnatched is happy to be free!"  ;D
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 06:28:52 am »

I had a kid snatched when he was 9, and five years later he came back from "camp" like a good boy. The only problem was he had a spear and several greenskinned friends with maces with him. His cousin (and the town army commander) chooped his arms off with a halberd and stomped his head in. His mom wasn't thrilled.... (Has lost a child to tragedy recently) His cousin? He gave not two shits. Went to the well and cleaned up. Made him a headstone and gave him a place in the community tombs out of respect for his family.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 06:40:35 pm »

alot of my goblin civs have elves leading them or in them. Weird..... i just got 2 ambushes with elf leaders. Not sure why its goblins, if anything, it would be humans as humans and elves are the ones at peace. Mabye, after years of trees being cut down, the elves simply broke down, as there were no more trees left to rape, so they were hell-bent on destroying all dwarvern kind by any means necessary, in order for their lust for having sex with trees to be fed.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:06:14 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.
Pages: [1] 2