Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Transhuman colony mod, WIP, help appreciated  (Read 1945 times)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Transhuman colony mod, WIP, help appreciated
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 05:10:25 pm »

You would need a "thawing" reaction too!
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 05:12:15 pm »

Why not both? An expensive method to rejuv your colonist and a run of the mill cryo statis for when your GM microbes eat everything. Or something like that.

I smell potental.
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 05:32:51 pm »

You would need a "thawing" reaction too!
Acually sicne there is no way to "remove" a syndrome once applied all these Stasis and Cryo-Stasis reaction/syndromes will have to be timed
-snip- you can place them in stasis for different amounts of time. Like 1 month 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12, 1 year 2 3 etc..-snip-

Altho Once a syndrome can be "cured" then let the "Thawing" reactions begin, altho an issue is I heard that Prone creatures cannot be affected by inhaled syndromes (verify?)

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 09:44:55 pm »

It would be interesting if the cheaper forms of stasis made you temporarily into an immobile, water-breathing creature, so micromanagement and risk was involved in putting them under and waking them up. This would offset the regeneration a bit.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 10:16:46 pm »

It would be interesting if the cheaper forms of stasis made you temporarily into an immobile, water-breathing creature, so micromanagement and risk was involved in putting them under and waking them up. This would offset the regeneration a bit.
Haha if you have that transformation never end they will be like that forever

Thats why my plan for the Stasis syndromes would be good, cause then you know how long they will be out for. I'm adding this into my own mod at some point.
Pages: 1 [2]