Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [34.11] Wrestler Fortress - Stories of Lucha and Libre!  (Read 4410 times)

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[34.11] Wrestler Fortress - Stories of Lucha and Libre!
« on: June 10, 2012, 02:12:40 am »

BUENOS DIAS.

Download Version 1.01 now!

Raws only version

Hello there, Twangykid here, bringing you the highly anticipated WRESTLER FORTRESS! With the help of one Mitchewawa, I have created a TOTALLY SERIOUS mod that completely revolutionizes Dwarf Fortress:

- This is a wrestler only mode; nearly all weapons are removed from the game. You need to rely on the LUCHA prowess of your dwarves to fight off your enemies.
- All armor is changed to suit lucha libre. Wear masks to prevent those punching-instakills, don a belt to protect your loins (and show off your might!) Plus, embed your gloves and booties with sequins (oh yeah, sequins are going to be gems when I get around to it).
- Dwarfs are Mexican wrestlers; and as such, everything is Mexican themed. More updates to come, but so far I have done thus:
  • Plants are mexican food. Brew nachos and jalapenos into 'alcoholic' nacho sauce and jalapeno sauce! Wear burrito thread sombreros and ponchos!
  • Tamable giant worms; farm them for silk, milk them for tequila! (UNDER CONSTRUCTION).
  • Gold armour, same level as steel. Wrestle in style!
  • Dwarves are a bit stronger, to make up what you lack in numbers.
- Elves are monks of the Far East because they're snobby asshats like that. They wear sandals, robes and wield bo-staffs.
- Hummies are kung-fu. But that's okay, because you can jump from rope and do a bodyslam, sailing them off in an arc!
- Goblins are evil lucha! Sure, if they're led by demons it's gonna be hard to fight them... But your lucha is mighty!
- Kobolds scratch and bite. Surprisingly, they're one of the most lethal races, but also the squishiest. Just apply sequin embeded boot to the face, remove face.
- Overhauled combat logs! You stun the elf monk with your lucha prowess, then jump on the ropes and do a double somersault dropkick in the 2nd left finger, and the severed part rockets into the sky, Team Rocket style!
- Harder heads; head injuries never stopped glorious wrestlers, so I've doubled the thickness of skulls to slow down the amount of instant kills you receive. Likewise, your enemies have thicker skulls as well. You need to use the might of Lucha to break them down into gibs!
- New secrets! Roam the wilderness, and hear an armflex from a mile away!
- Tumbleweed; these critters run super fast, but drop a highly valuable wood. Also, goblins ride them into battle like Speedsters to get to the thick of battle quicker. (UNDER CONSTRUCTION).

Quotes:
I play the hell out of Wrestler Fortress!

This is awesome.

Quote from: Mitchewawa
HOLY CRAP BATMAN, THIS MOD LUCHAS ALL THE OTHERS AND LEAVES THEM FOR DEAD.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Credits - I'd like to thank Mitchewawa for his help in this mod, plus a lot of the community who provided the information I needed to know. I'd also like to thank anyone whose quotes I have taken out of context.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:04:17 am by Twangykid »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11] Wrestler Fortress - Stories of Lucha and Libre!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 03:22:04 am »

Jesus Christ, I made a giant suffocate with my lucha might by attacking it's lungs. Hermit dwarves are MONSTERS.

Bo staffs are pretty darn deadly too. I wrestled a bronze bo staff away from an elf I spawned, beat him to death with it, and then killed another giant very quickly.

Oh, and will the raws only version also be compatible with ASCII graphics?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 03:46:13 am by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 05:26:49 am »

Being a fan of the one and only true sport, wrassling, I approve of this very widely. Time to play as Urist McSanto, lucha extrodinaire!

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 05:42:44 am »

Raws only version up.

On a side note, I'm looking at changing the nobles. So far, in the current downloadable version, the king is "World Champ" and I think the sheriff is referee or something, but I couldn't figure out anything else to change.

Quick story, regarding the World Champ: I fixed dwarves, so they would live in towns, so they would be there in adventure mode, so I could test the arm flex. I made an adventurer, grand master wrestler of course, enter first house, and what do I see? The goddamn World champ, thats who! I did the first reasonable thing. I punched him in his stupid face. (After clearing the room of course). I fought him, he was actually a decent wrestler, yet I still won, because I was grand master. Before killing him, however, I wrestled his mask and belt off him, donned them, then punched him through the skull. I renamed the adventurer "World Champ", before riding off into the sunset.

Then he was shot by a kobold.
The moral of the story, is that fuck kobolds.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 05:52:08 am by Twangykid »

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 06:01:09 am »

Maybe you could make the nobles champions. The King is the World's Champion, the duke is an Intercontinental Champion and so on and so on. They'd need belts though.

Also, have you considered adding foreign objects as weapons? Steel chairs, tables, light tubes, bats, barbed wire, sledge hammers and the like.

Lastly, it's embedded, not embezzled. Or studded, take your pick.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 06:08:23 am »

Fix'd, thanks.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 06:20:46 am »

This is so fucking amazing I can't even

Though you have elves as monks, and humans as kung-fu, those seem too linked maybe? They're both chinese related, Monks supposedly brought about the beginnings of kung-fu, and the shaolin monks especially/obviously practiced such things heavily.  I think it works with the elves, considering their the forest masters, lin in shaolin stands for forest, they have the pagoda(though that's not trees) forest, etc. Unless of course the elves are like christian monks or such.

Maybe have humans be japanese martial artists, or boxers, or something ridiculous like krav maga?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 06:25:15 am »

Maybe Capoeira?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 07:16:28 am »

I'll work on boxing later tonight. Boxing glove weapons maybe?

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 07:29:26 am »

I'll work on boxing later tonight. Boxing glove weapons maybe?

Brass knuckles, PUTTING ON THE FOIL, gloves, barbed wire gloves, gauntlets, spiked gloves, punch daggers, spiked knuckles, etc.

I think you have a lot of choices, a few of them being realistic too.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 07:32:43 am »

Don't add that many weapons. This is wrestler fortress, after all.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 08:21:49 am »

I don't think it is possible to make them dualwield, so uh.
One gauntlet? or "a pair of gauntlets" that is always multigrasp.

luppolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 08:23:49 am »

Don't add that many weapons. This is wrestler fortress, after all.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 08:32:00 am »

Scrapped the gauntlets, they were overpowered as shit. Iron fists could, for some reason, kill literally anything.

psychomantits

• Bay Watcher
  • a menacing lawn gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 08:32:17 am »

Do not add weapons. Add pet midget wrestler sidekicks.

And business suits.
Pages: [1] 2