Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [MOD][OLD] Liberal Deathkorps  (Read 6714 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
[MOD][OLD] Liberal Deathkorps
« on: June 10, 2012, 07:04:28 pm »

Whelp, now I've worked on this mod for around ~22 hours now. Lots of weapon and ammo additions have been made, the 3 bugs that I found have been fixed, other things have been tweaked and edited, and etc. I still have more plans and a lot more to go, changes so far and planned features are below, hopefully it's built and compiled correctly and such. It works for me currently so it should work for you. I have also borrowed some ideas from Deon, with his permission, and I am only using the ideas, I have not copied any code, everything I have added has been built by mienhands.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5d2t7hqxehkx6f/LDKv%20v087.rar
-Fixed new game assault rifle get crash.
-Being in the gang now gives you the ghetto apparel as well.
-Shortnames should be all good now.
-Ammo names reduced in size as well.

Features/Current Changes:
Red=Completely New, Orange=Edited or replaced Vanilla, Black is non-list additions or whatever, everything else you can assume is untoched/vanilla or not majorly changed at all.
-Gang Members SELL EVERYTHING, except which that wouldn't be considered illegal, such as flamethrower, baseball bat, pump action shotgun, etc. Prices increase with further illegality.
-Pawn Shop selection is pretty reduced, and only sells items that are currently legal. Only sell ammunition for guns they will stock.
-Bodyguard/Bouncers get Mac 10, .44 Magnum, .357 Magnum, .38 Revolver, and then Nightstick. Security Guards get MP5's, M3 shotguns then Nightsticks. Both according to gun laws.
-Labtechs and Eminent Scientists get the acid filled syringes.
-Educator's Syringe has been replaced with a Nightstick.
-Mutant names improved.
-Guard Dog renamed to K-9, and additionally allowed in police station.
-Corporate CEO given the Desert Eagle again if Arch-Conservative gun laws, I don't know why that was commented out, they get a .38 in all other laws including arch liberal, because all corporate CEOs are conservative to the MAX.
-Servants are children and wear bondage gear if labor laws are arch-conservative like in Deon's mod. They wear wifebeaters and are teenagers if it's conservative. Otherwise they are normal adults in their servant clothes. Child Workers also wear the bondage gear in arch con. labor laws.
-CCS Vigilante 9mm is now the MP-443 Grach, now get M16's instantly with their army armor, and end out with AN94's.
-Agents are given M1014's instead of M3's for shotguns. They are also given P226s instead of Glocks.
-Gang Member's .45 replaced with the Five-Seven, their knife has been replaced with a balisong. Their clothes have been replaced with Ghetto Apparel.
-Chefs have a chance of having a knife.
-Biker has a chance of having a chain. ROAD RASH
-Military Police are given M10's instead of M3's.
-All civilians have a chance of getting the P226 instead of USP.
-Gang units get P226 instead of Glock.
-Added Detective, Legions of men with revolvers in all shapes and forms.
[spoiler=Ammo]
10 .22LR
20 .223 Remington
6 .357 Magnum
6 .38 Special
13 .40 S&W
6 .44 Magnum
12 .45 ACP
12 .45 Hydra-Shok
40 HK4.6x30mm
20 FN5.7x28mm
17 9x19mm
8 9x18mm
33 9x19mm Extended
1 Acid
6 12ga.
100 7.62×51mm NATO Belt
2 Gasoline Feed Tank
30 STANAG
30 Soviet
32 9x19mm SMG
-Sharp weapons such as knives have had their AP increased considering modern body armor is not made to, and does not protect from sharp weapons.
-Proper weaponization of the Syringe, To use it as a weapon just for "poking" is some Student Bodies silliness.
-Syringe skill changed to SCIENCE, the skill related to the job that would actually use the "weapon" and it's new added ammunition. I don't think first aid is proper considering it's first aid, not doctoring.
-Syringe made suspicious, because really, some random guy walking around with a syringe? That's pretty fucking suspicious, especially in today's world.
-Removed cut from syringe because that just doesn't make sense to me, you don't cut someone with a syringe.

Hands
Brass Knuckles -Similar to Deon's, but not quite. Proper strength modifier considering they amplify punches, and 2 attacks possible, but difficult.
Baseball Bat
Crowbar
Knife -10% of a critical hit.
Gerber LHR Knife -More damage than the knife with a 15% critical. More armor piercing than the knife as well.
Balisong -Slightly more damage than knife, easily concealable, 12% critical.
Scalpel -Very easily concealable, Inbetween knife and balisong damage, 14% crit with a higher max crit damage than balisong and knife.
Machete -High normal damage, easier strength use than Axe, Uses Axe skill, Sever chance with a double damage crit of 20% for 201.
Shank -Very concealable, lowest fence value, stabs at not slashes at, very low damage, low crit damage with a 5% crit.
Syringe/Acid -Very large damage range of 1-500, causes burns and it injects not pokes.
Ruger MK.III/.22 -Legality of 1 considering it's relative weakness and use for pest control and reacreational activities. Lowest pistol damage at 80 max, but has a 2% crit chance of doing 20-200 damage to simulate the possible "brain blender" shot, as the small round is usually not strong enough to exit the body, and upon shots to the head has a good chance of boucning around inside of the skull a lot.
Colt Detective/.38 Special -Snub nosed and easily concealable.
Colt Python/.357 Magnum -High damage output revolver with decent armor piercing compared to other non-AP specific handguns.
Taurus Model 44SS6/.44 Magnum -Even higher damage output than the Python, but not quite as legal.
Glock 19/9mm -Standard 9mm used by civilians and standard law enforcement.
MP-443 Grach/9mm -A slightly more damaging, more accurate and slightly more armor piercing 9x19mm pistol. Always illegal due to import laws.
Makarov/9x18mm -Stronger than Ruger, but weaker 9mm pistol, very cheap.
Glock 18/9mm Ext. -Fully automatic version of the 9mm Glock, 3 possible hits with a 4 difficulty, slightly less damage than the standard glock.
SIG Sauer P226/.40 S&W -A Slightly more damaging gun over all 9mm's
HK USP/.45 ACP -Around the same damage as the other pistols, but very accurate.
HK MK23 Mod 0/.45 Hydra-Shok -Much more rare variant of the USP using the deadly Hydra-Shok ammunition which is not as accurate due to the overpressurization of the round, but has the deadly ability to induce hydrostatic shock in the victim upon bullet entry, causing random and off-site hemorrhaging. Gun does high damage of 10-200, with a 20% crit chance of 70-400 damage. Very expensive, Very Illegal, Very rare. Ammo is pretty expensive too.
FN Five-Seven/FN 5.7x28mm -An expensive pistol equiped with 20 rounds per magazine, not as effective against soft targets as a 9mm, but very good at piercing armor.
M16A4/STANAG
AK47/Soviet -Slightly less damage than it's NATO counterparts, but more Armor Piecing.
AEK-971/Soviet Slightly more damage than the AK but less AP, can hit up to 4 times due to high ROF. Always illegal due to import laws.
AN-94/Soviet -About the same as the AEK, except more accurate, and can only hit twice using it's unique double-shot burst, however with an extremely low difficulty of 1 to hit with both shots as they both leave the gun before the recoil hits the gun. Also always illegal due to import laws.
AR-15/.233 Remington -Made to use .223 Remington munitions now, slightly less damage than other assault rifles for progression reasons. Also made less illegal than it used to be as it is obtainable country wide except CA.
M4A1/STANAG -Lower damage than other assault rifles, but highly accurate.
HK MP5A2/9mm SMG
MAC-10/9mm SMG -Less Damage, but can hit up to 4 times, but with a higher difficulty of 5 for successive hits due to the gun's unreliable natures.
PP-2000/9mm SMG -Highly compact Russian made close combat SMG/PDW. Inbetween the MP5 and Mac10 in terms of damage, but the easiest to get all hits with a attack difficulty of 2 and general close range use. Always illegal due to import laws.
HK MP7A1/HK 4.6x30mm -Uses a special form of carbine based ammunition, similar to FN Herstal's, doing the least damage of SMGs, but is a little more accurate than the Mac10 and PP2000, and is better with AP than the other SMGs.
Benelli M3/12ga.
M1014/12ga. -Has a chance of hitting twice with a difficulty of 4, and a legality of 1 compared to the shotgun's always legal 2.
M2A1-7 Flamethrower/Gasoline Feed Tank -Made far less illegal, because of modern day laws and uses.
M240L Machine Gun/7.62×51mm NATO -More proper machine gun for the 100 round clip, Extremely good at piercing armor.
-Proper weapon concealment system.

Ghetto Apparel -Cheap to make, very low value, not professional, but covers head, conceals face, and conceals all size 6 and below items, which is all handguns and PDWs.
SKULL Suit -Very hard to make, Expensive to make, low fence value in comparison, but very high stealth value, and light protection, with fire protection.
MSF Battle Dress -The main battle dress of the Militaires Sans Frontières, Slightly harder to make than the Skull suit, require deathsquad legality, Extremely heavily armored, and oh so sexy professional. This is your deathkorps uniform.

Planned Features:
-More new creatues.
-More items possibly.
-Some bolt action rifle or sniper rifle.
-Firing Range, and a MMA activity.
-Outskirts Ammunation
-Others that I have to see if are even doable, and others I am currently forgetting.

KNOWN BUGS:

Please try it out, please find issues, please tell me what you think, and if you have any problems. There is more to come.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:22:23 pm by Vherid »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Liberal Deathkorps of Vherid
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 07:25:42 pm »

Question, how do I install this?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 07:27:48 pm »

Question, how do I install this?

You just extract the rar and run the exe like a zip?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 07:28:14 pm »

Thank ch00.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

DeathsDisciple

• Bay Watcher
  • He's nice (on the inside)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 07:04:22 am »

I have a question: How much of this is C++ Code Modding? Because it seems that most of the modding you did was in the XML files.
"And I believe that totalitarianism, if not fought against, could triumph again." - George Orwell
My YouTube Channel.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 01:24:16 pm »

I have a question: How much of this is C++ Code Modding? Because it seems that most of the modding you did was in the XML files.

Just the few changes to creatures there is, but I have plans for modding the c++ stuff more, to possibly make some pretty big changes.

Current Weapon/clip system so far:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:56:33 pm by Vherid »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Liberal Deathkorps of Vherid v0.84
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 12:27:13 am »

Big update from the previous version, this is what I would call my first real usable version of the game, tell me what you think.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 04:00:19 pm »

I would say that some sort of drug/poison would make more sense than acid for the syringes. Don't think there are poison effects in the game, though...
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 05:27:02 pm »

I would say that some sort of drug/poison would make more sense than acid for the syringes. Don't think there are poison effects in the game, though...

Yeah it was something to try out for now, It does burn, I could have it cause bleeding, burn, and bruising and make it do less damage or something. I'll have to dig around and see if I can make a way to get less lethals to work, if I can do that, I can make a better syringe, as well as a whole range of less lethals.

I learned JAVA to the AP level, but got mad rusty. C++ is pretty much the same thing, I just need to get back into it all.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 01:18:50 pm »

How about the kind of acid that gives you hallucinations? Make it a diplomacy attack.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 07:28:54 pm »

How about the kind of acid that gives you hallucinations? Make it a diplomacy attack.

I don't think that makes sense to be in a syringe

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Liberal Deathkorps of Vherid v0.87
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 08:35:49 pm »

Slight update that fixes a newgame crash, and some slight feature changes.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Liberal Deathkorps of Vherid v0.87
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 06:44:31 pm »

I plan on starting this over with the newer version, I've been writing down all the weapons I might want to add, the game currently has about 31 weapons, I named about 101 off the top of my head i might want ot add in class. I'm going to look at JA 1.13 and prob expand that further, among other things.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Liberal Deathkorps 0.0.0
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 07:25:18 pm »

Edited the title screen to reflect 1994 start year and various events flavored by such. Went through all non-firearm weapons and balanced them all out as well as adding a few off the top of my head, plan on adding way more now that all the items are properly balanced in terms of proper ranges for fencing, strength, damage, etc. in relation to each other.

Yannanth

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 06:37:22 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:59:41 pm by Yannanth »
Pages: [1] 2