Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 109609 times)

MadeOfStarDust

• Bay Watcher
  • Alone on the surface of an alien world
    • View Profile

Did you stick my corpse in a box?

if so, then we may have ourselves a fort mascot!

After looking around some more it seems quite a few corpses have gone AWOL.  For example, I can't find Stardust's corpse ANYWHERE.

How did my dwarf died? Maybe his corpse is lost somewhere in the caverns?
Also...
Why is there a flaming headless zombie version of you in our moat?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Try using the stocks screen. Of course, this'll only work if you've got a bookkeeper--I'd imagine we have quite a few corpses around by now.

-snip-

You've been dorfed as GreatWyrmPyrite as requested.  The metal was Pig Iron and I figured you wouldn't want GreatWyrmPigIron...
Cool. Where is my first corpse?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I designated every body below the surface for dumping into the magma sea as they kept coming back to life around Autumn, some have walls around them but if you can't find a body that'll be why, also can I sign up for a second turn, I'm guessing it'll take a good couple of months to come around so I might as well do that now.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile

I designated every body below the surface for dumping into the magma sea as they kept coming back to life around Autumn, some have walls around them but if you can't find a body that'll be why, also can I sign up for a second turn, I'm guessing it'll take a good couple of months to come around so I might as well do that now.

Sure thing but if anyone new signs up that doesn't have a 1st turn yet your turn will be bumped back.  I'm hoping to get a chance to play later today and get the 1st update up today but idk how that'll work out.  Might just have to wait until after my exam on wednesday.  Also, I plan on starting off with a new and improved corpse disposal system. 
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

I must of missed something, but why are there zombies? 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

I must of missed something, but why are there zombies? 
Because they can!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

And I was hoping that the first cavern would be filled with the animate corpses of my dwarves...

There are zombies because we are in an evil area. Evil areas aren't nice.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And I was hoping that the first cavern would be filled with the animate corpses of my dwarves...

There are zombies because we are in an evil area. Evil areas aren't nice.

Evil areas are !!FUN!! :D
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile

but we haven't lit anything on fire yet, so it's only FUN right now.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

but we haven't lit anything on fire yet, so it's only FUN right now.

No, several zombies are on fire.  It's definitely !!FUN!!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sigged for glory :D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:13:24 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only on dwarf fortress...
Exactly what happened that resulted in !!FUN!! instead of FUN?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only on dwarf fortress...
Exactly what happened that resulted in !!FUN!! instead of FUN?
Ah, well you see I happened to forget that most the dwarfs on the surface were both zombies and on fire which bearing in mind Ifeno's challenge will probably require him to take over the aforementioned surface I'm expecting he'll encounter a good amount of !!FUN!!
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... I'll just follow my Naval Science Instructors advice and nod my head in understanding.
This fort looks awesome so far.   
Also, is the whole map evil?

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... I'll just follow my Naval Science Instructors advice and nod my head in understanding.
This fort looks awesome so far.   
Also, is the whole map evil?

Partially. I believe the mountain is wilderness and the marsh around it is evil.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49