Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 109373 times)

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Anniversary Edition - Come share the gift of madness!
« Reply #225 on: July 17, 2012, 12:20:38 pm »

Why do you need access to magma sea from barracks, after all?
There's no reason for it but I'm sure you'll find a purpose for it, either way it's staying as part of the challenge.

convenient zombie/garbage/prisoner/noble disposal chute?
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 17, 2012, 12:50:48 pm »

20th Slate
The pressure we're all under affects us. Axedwarf and mason Morul got tantrum and threw a boulder into Tekkud the Miner. The stone broke his spine and knocked him unconscious. Later he died.

Good news, we managed to steal some of our supplies under noses of undeads. This delays our starving deaths.

Smasher works fine, but undeads don't rushe there too much. Maybe we should set there a bait?

1st Hematite
Written by someone other's hand
This unholy place overhelms us. Somehow undeads hid in ambush and attacked Gar and Morul. Morul died in a valiant battle, while Gar tried to escape through river and fell at THAT FUCKIN HOLE!! He drowned.
There a three of us left.  Kirost, Mechanic/Hammerdwarf, Dastot, speardwarf and me, Iden Boatlance, Miner and current expedition leader.

Smasher works fine, bu too slowly. Undead hordes are getting reinforcements through wild animals. Looks like we're doomed.

Yeah, this is what I call a hardcore.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:44:31 pm by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 17, 2012, 04:29:50 pm »

13th Hematite
We're down to two. Dastot was battered by ghost, before we made a slab.

7th Malachite
Hooray! Seven crazy beards joined our forsaken place! This lights hope into our hearts! Undeads are scattered around, so I hope they make a travel safely to our quarters
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 05:03:50 pm by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 19, 2012, 06:54:14 am »

Short update - still going on. Linked main gates to lever and reclaimed the courtyard. All undeads left are somewhere in the caverns.

Any dorfings pending? First page is confusing for now. We have 8 dorfs available, 2 of them are children.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 19, 2012, 10:26:43 am »

Short update - still going on. Linked main gates to lever and reclaimed the courtyard. All undeads left are somewhere in the caverns.

Any dorfings pending? First page is confusing for now. We have 8 dorfs available, 2 of them are children.

Tahu needs dorfing.  Sorry that I made it confusing, what can I do to make it less confusing?  The whole point of the color-coding was to make it easier to keep track of but it seems it's having the opposite effect. ;/
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2012, 10:51:59 am »

Put them into groups - dead, still alive and pending.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 20, 2012, 08:54:59 am »

1st Limestone
We're still alive. It looks like miracle, but we are.
We even survived invasion of thrips men with no casualties! the only injure we had was my broken toe:

and I'm at hospital now waiting for our chief medic to treat it well.
But even here I'm still on duty! Anyone is welcome to share his fears or problems with me:

Kikrost: - Shit, I had enough of this undeads! That water buffalo's hair, I had to kill it fucking dozen times!
Peregar: - zzzZZZzzz... pump helmet roast and mug of sewer brew, please... zzzZZZzzz

Still we have food and booze, place to sleep and work to do - we will survive!

And, meet our future captian of archer squad - Tahu!

Unfortunately we have no crossbows here. But at least we have a plenty of wooden bolts at old workshops.

Ok, spring and summer done, autumn and winter to go. Sorry for delay, if you insist, I can share the save as it is now.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 20, 2012, 09:05:01 am »

Ok, spring and summer done, autumn and winter to go. Sorry for delay, if you insist, I can share the save as it is now.

Keep going  :D
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 20, 2012, 09:06:31 am »

Keep going  :D

What delay?  You've been updating almost daily!  Keep going!
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

peregarette has been pm'ed
Fair enough, no clue when the laptop's going to get fixed thanks to RL.

Oh. So, all GreatWyrm's progress was left out? And I have to reclaim again? Shit.  >:(
Ok, I'll try.
Yeah, sadly. Maybe my dwarf'll survive, if I get dorfed. Anyone with mining skill? Also, whose ghosts have been seen? Either of mine?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

peregarette has been pm'ed
Fair enough, no clue when the laptop's going to get fixed thanks to RL.

Yeah sorry but I had to keep thing moving... =/

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, sadly. Maybe my dwarf'll survive, if I get dorfed. Anyone with mining skill? Also, whose ghosts have been seen? Either of mine?
Yes, I have one spare miner. Likes lay pewter, tsavorite and crystal glass. Should he be GreatWyrmLayPewter or what?

There was Chostly GreatWyrmPyrite, but compared with other ghosts he was the most calm and pretty. He just stood next to farm zone.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 22, 2012, 01:15:50 pm »

1st Granite of 9th Year
We managed to the new Year, and I must say we're quite good in it!

There happened a lot, say, undead crow men swarmed os and injured Kikrost, then we got anbushed by undead cave crocodile that destroyed hatch we made when we arrive here and I destroyed the stairs just in time to block it, so it proceeded to disposal device. That device worked almost perfectly, except for creatures that are too heavy to let the bridge open. Like Bithudeb, undead dratha, that we finaly made to cage trap.

Traders from Mountainhome came and brought some useful stuff. They failed to bring their wagons here, so I ordered to make long passage  - to let them in next time. we still have a fuckton of stone crafts made by our preceeders.

We even had time to partly fulfill that blueprint-request, as I got it's design:

Our second miner, Tahu's husband, decided to take new name of GreatWyrmLayPewter:

That's strange, since I met a ghost of some dwarf named GreatWyrmPyrite down at farms, before we set a slab to him. I don't think I'd wish that destiny to myself - that's why I took name Peregar, that means - "Who was better than Gar". Speaking of him, his ghost arisen and we had to set a slab to him too. His achievments are undoubtful, and his sprit should guide us ahead! Instead of troubling us as a ghost.

Save will be tomorrow. Good luck whoever takes this after me!
Challenge is half-way completed, still to do that magma shute and surround it with walls. It's a hadache to build something when zombies and such are everywhere!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 22, 2012, 01:56:56 pm »

Alright, what do you think Ashton?  Challange completed or challange failed?  Or Incomplete?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 22, 2012, 02:26:03 pm »

Alright, what do you think Ashton?  Challange completed or challange failed?  Or Incomplete?

Hmm... I'd say incomplete but doing so nullifies the punishment making it boring, thus I'm calling it a failure but adding a condition to the punishment, if Peregar manages to kill a single goblin then he can leave the battlefield.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 49