Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 109052 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

peregarette has been pm'ed
Fair enough, no clue when the laptop's going to get fixed thanks to RL.

Yeah sorry but I had to keep thing moving... =/

Again: Fair enough. That means I understand.

Yeah, sadly. Maybe my dwarf'll survive, if I get dorfed. Anyone with mining skill? Also, whose ghosts have been seen? Either of mine?
Yes, I have one spare miner. Likes lay pewter, tsavorite and crystal glass. Should he be GreatWyrmLayPewter or what?
Yes, please. Ooh, neat, you did! And even posted his stats!

There was Chostly GreatWyrmPyrite, but compared with other ghosts he was the most calm and pretty. He just stood next to farm zone.
As long as the ghost behaves, please don't memorialize or bury it. Standing request for all of my ghosts. Of which there will probably be many.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Anniversary Edition - Come share the gift of madness!
« Reply #241 on: July 22, 2012, 05:41:22 pm »

HOw would you safely withdraw the dwarf thou?  Wouldn't it just try to kill everything? 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 22, 2012, 05:42:44 pm »

Huh?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 23, 2012, 01:45:13 am »

Alright, what do you think Ashton?  Challange completed or challange failed?  Or Incomplete?

Hmm... I'd say incomplete but doing so nullifies the punishment making it boring, thus I'm calling it a failure but adding a condition to the punishment, if Peregar manages to kill a single goblin then he can leave the battlefield.
[mode:pathetic]
And after I did so much to keep this place alive, what am I getting?! They send me to the brutal death! Revenge, revenge is coming! The land itself revenges for me!
[/mode]
The problem is that there were no goblins at all, only ocassional kobold thieves got teared by zombies. Ok then, if I had to fight, then give me some equipment first, and let the fight start at cursed biome, so my zombie would finish the work, in case of death. Also you can recapture it after siege is gone and unleash it on later sieges.

There was Chostly GreatWyrmPyrite, but compared with other ghosts he was the most calm and pretty. He just stood next to farm zone.
As long as the ghost behaves, please don't memorialize or bury it. Standing request for all of my ghosts. Of which there will probably be many.
Ok, so just destroy slab of Pyrite and you'll get your ghost back.

Save is here.
Should I issue a challenge?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:20:12 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 23, 2012, 02:10:01 pm »

Alright, what do you think Ashton?  Challange completed or challange failed?  Or Incomplete?

Hmm... I'd say incomplete but doing so nullifies the punishment making it boring, thus I'm calling it a failure but adding a condition to the punishment, if Peregar manages to kill a single goblin then he can leave the battlefield.

Translation:  "He did fine, but I want blood so we'll just say he failed so his dwarf is forced to fight for our amusement"
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 23, 2012, 02:14:46 pm »

You also need to set up a challenge for the next overseer peregarette
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 23, 2012, 03:10:00 pm »

Hey, stop calling me with 'tte'! It sounds like french girl name, and I'm neither french nor girl. ;D

Ok, let him set a statue garden with ocassional ballista bolts flying through it.

|  |  |
  v  v  v - ballistas facing south
SS SS SS SS - statues
SS SS SS SS
           <- - balistas facing west
SS SS SS SS
SS SS SS SS
           <-
SS SS SS SS
SS SS SS SS
           <-
SS SS SS SS
SS SS SS SS

4x4 four-statues blocks, 64 statues total, 3 ballistas each direction.
Ballistas are at 'fire at will' order, and set at least one siege operator per 20 citizens (if population drops less than 20, you can have no operators). And there  are to be at least one bolt per ballista at the stocks available- i.e 6 bolts at stock.

Reward is - You are getting self-sufficient shelter somewhere, with stock of food, booze, tools and whatever makes you happy (feel free to request). You're the guarantee of our fortress to live long without need to reclaim again.
Punishment - You get that garden (when it's done) as your own, and arrange as many 'Dodge the bolt!' parties there as you can.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 23, 2012, 06:27:27 pm »

This'll end well...

We still need the save btw ^^

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 23, 2012, 07:18:01 pm »

Save is here.

We still need the save btw ^^

Heh, wonder if the lovely maid, peregarrette, left a trap? Maybe spilt water after doing the dishes? :P
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:22:30 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 23, 2012, 11:34:52 pm »

Heh, wonder if the lovely maid, peregarrette, left a trap? Maybe spilt water after doing the dishes? :P
Yes, after doing steel serrated dishes menacing with spikes of cat bone  :D
I sure left one, not so deadly, but annoying for sure. I wanted to make it more deadly, but decided not to and had no time.

EDIT:
Save is here.
Made it better to notice
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:21:47 am by peregarrett »

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 24, 2012, 08:32:31 am »

I can easily see dwarves playing "Dodge the bolt" at a local archery range, or the ballista range.  Probaly one of the smarter thing's they've done.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 24, 2012, 06:37:17 pm »

Niyazov has been pm'ed

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 24, 2012, 06:42:07 pm »

Punishment - You get that garden (when it's done) as your own, and arrange as many 'Dodge the bolt!' parties there as you can.

The only problem I see with this punishment is that "failing" challenge inclines that the garden was not finished so how can he get a garden that doesn't exist?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2012, 01:31:01 am »

The only problem I see with this punishment is that "failing" challenge inclines that the garden was not finished so how can he get a garden that doesn't exist?
Well, may be next overseer wil be so kind to complete my challenge and fulfil the punishment.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 25, 2012, 09:03:55 am »

Niyazov has asked to be skipped, Andyman has been pm'ed
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 49