Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 109250 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - How are we even alive?
« Reply #360 on: August 12, 2012, 08:35:43 pm »

Where is the the lever that controls the drawbridge?  If I could just open that It'd already help immensely.
I can't remember making one in all honesty, I don't think it's ever been opened, you only need 4 stones to make a new one though:

1 for a mechanic workshop, 3 for mechanisms, 1 mech for the lever and 2 mech's for linkage
If it hadn't been made the bridge wouldn't be raised.  Thus there's a lever and I need to find it.
Eh, my bad, but either way I think you missed my primary point, make another lever.
I'd really rather not.  That'll make life absurdly confusing in the longrun.  I'd much rather just pull every lever around and see what they do :D

It's a personality test! See, I without fail would chose the option of de-constructing every lever and then building new ones as they were needed, using trial and error would never have occurred to me.

But there's so much !!FUN!! to be had when randomly pulling levers!
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 12, 2012, 09:45:36 pm »

So I've successfully let in the migrants and I've retaken the farms however the west wing is flooded with zombies and I don't know what to do about them.  Thoughts?
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 12, 2012, 09:55:45 pm »

Update:  It is not only panicking dwarves that will open locked doors, but dwarves in general.  If a burrow does not restrict them they will simply march through a locked door.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 13, 2012, 04:13:11 am »

Update:  It is not only panicking dwarves that will open locked doors, but dwarves in general.  If a burrow does not restrict them they will simply march through a locked door.
You're kidding me?!  :o
Are you sure you lock the door, not just keep tightly closed?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 13, 2012, 06:43:39 am »

Wait? You serious? Dwarf's don't do that, that's the whole point of locking a door, you did actually lock them right?
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 13, 2012, 08:27:40 am »

Wait? You serious? Dwarf's don't do that, that's the whole point of locking a door, you did actually lock them right?

Unless "Forbidding" a Door AND setting it to "No Animals" isn't locking it I don't know what is.  (l) is (l)ocking is it not?  Unless I'm completely retarded now...

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 13, 2012, 08:55:45 am »

Locking is - 'q' to building, 'l' and 'o' for both locking from animals and sapients.

Forbidding door as a builting or item has no effect on passing!
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 13, 2012, 09:08:26 am »

Unless "Forbidding" a Door AND setting it to "No Animals" isn't locking it I don't know what is.  (l) is (l)ocking is it not?  Unless I'm completely retarded now...

*facepalm* Peregarrett gave you good info at least
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 13, 2012, 09:50:31 am »

*facepalm* Peregarrett gave you good info at least

What do you mean facepalm?  I pressed l and o.  I'm not a moron it's forbidden for animals and people. >.>

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 13, 2012, 09:51:35 am »

Locking is - 'q' to building, 'l' and 'o' for both locking from animals and sapients.

Yep that's exactly what I did.  And further proof that I didn't do it wrong is that it indeed keeps Zombies locked in.  It's only dwarves that have the mysterious ability to walk through locked doors.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

l to forbid passage of dwarves
o to forbid passage of pets
which results in a FORBIDDEN door austin.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:59:48 pm by Ifeno »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 13, 2012, 05:29:15 pm »

Where is the the lever that controls the drawbridge?  If I could just open that It'd already help immensely.
I can't remember making one in all honesty, I don't think it's ever been opened, you only need 4 stones to make a new one though:

1 for a mechanic workshop, 3 for mechanisms, 1 mech for the lever and 2 mech's for linkage
If it hadn't been made the bridge wouldn't be raised.  Thus there's a lever and I need to find it.
Eh, my bad, but either way I think you missed my primary point, make another lever.
I'd really rather not.  That'll make life absurdly confusing in the longrun.  I'd much rather just pull every lever around and see what they do :D

It's a personality test! See, I without fail would chose the option of de-constructing every lever and then building new ones as they were needed, using trial and error would never have occurred to me.
That's because the levers around here are linked up to deathtraps.

Yep that's exactly what I did.  And further proof that I didn't do it wrong is that it indeed keeps Zombies locked in.  It's only dwarves that have the mysterious ability to walk through locked doors.

That's odd, locking doors works for me. Are you sure it isn't, I dunno, a kobold thief or a buildingdestroyer or something?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 13, 2012, 06:27:52 pm »

That's because the levers around here are linked up to deathtraps.

Good so you see the appeal in mindlessly pulling them. :D

That's odd, locking doors works for me. Are you sure it isn't, I dunno, a kobold thief or a buildingdestroyer or something?

Well it locks zombies in just fine.  But if dwarves are given the permission they'll walk through them.  Idk when every dorf acquired a master key to the fortress but it needs fixing!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 13, 2012, 06:55:29 pm »

Wait, you did actually go back and un-forbid the doors right?
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 13, 2012, 07:13:33 pm »

Wait, you did actually go back and un-forbid the doors right?

What do you mean "un-forbid" the doors?  Why would I unlock doors I want locked.  I didn't forbid them using d-b-f if that's what you'Re thinking.  By forbidding the doors I meant q-o since the game calls locked doors "forbidden" doors.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 14, 2012, 12:52:12 am »

No wooden door can hold a dwarf who wants to pass!

Actually, in my turn exactly these doors were working fine. Somehow someone screwed the game mechanics!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 49