Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 109255 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - How are we even alive?
« Reply #375 on: August 14, 2012, 11:35:16 am »

Where is the the lever that controls the drawbridge?  If I could just open that It'd already help immensely.
I can't remember making one in all honesty, I don't think it's ever been opened, you only need 4 stones to make a new one though:

1 for a mechanic workshop, 3 for mechanisms, 1 mech for the lever and 2 mech's for linkage
If it hadn't been made the bridge wouldn't be raised.  Thus there's a lever and I need to find it.
Eh, my bad, but either way I think you missed my primary point, make another lever.
I'd really rather not.  That'll make life absurdly confusing in the longrun.  I'd much rather just pull every lever around and see what they do :D

It's a personality test! See, I without fail would chose the option of de-constructing every lever and then building new ones as they were needed, using trial and error would never have occurred to me.
That's because the levers around here are linked up to deathtraps.
Good so you see the appeal in mindlessly pulling them. :D
Kinda, yeah. It means I get a new dwarf.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 14, 2012, 11:38:02 am »

No wooden door can hold a dwarf who wants to pass!

Actually, in my turn exactly these doors were working fine. Somehow someone screwed the game mechanics!

Agreed.  It HAS to be a glitch.  And a very dangerous one at that.  :S
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 14, 2012, 11:50:00 am »

Actually, in my turn exactly these doors were working fine. Somehow someone screwed the game mechanics!

So those doors now have a mind of their own don't they?

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 14, 2012, 12:10:31 pm »

I really couldn't say.  They lock perfectly fine and they act normal in most cases.  But if a dwarf wants to go through a door he goes through the door.  Doesn't seem to be any way to stop them barring a burrow.  It locks zombies etc. in just fine.  I assume what happened initially is that a dwarf got injured and was taken to the hospital which resulted in the 3 zombies locked inside getting out.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 14, 2012, 12:18:16 pm »

I really couldn't say.  They lock perfectly fine and they act normal in most cases.  But if a dwarf wants to go through a door he goes through the door.  Doesn't seem to be any way to stop them barring a burrow.  It locks zombies etc. in just fine.  I assume what happened initially is that a dwarf got injured and was taken to the hospital which resulted in the 3 zombies locked inside getting out.

Hmmm. Is it just me or is this fortress a weirdness magnet?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 14, 2012, 12:31:32 pm »

It's more of a corpse magnet, if you ask me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 14, 2012, 12:38:41 pm »

Well that's because everything just absolutely refuses to stay dead. So we just have to get magma and start throwing all these damn zombies into it.   

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 14, 2012, 12:39:35 pm »

Well that's because everything just absolutely refuses to stay dead. So we just have to get magma and start throwing all these damn zombies into it.

Zombies are immune to magma.
Sig

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 14, 2012, 01:05:13 pm »

First kill it and then drop to magma!

Or let them wander forever over the bottom of magma sea. I don't care
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 14, 2012, 01:11:09 pm »

Zombies are immune to magma.First kill it and then drop to magma!

First kill it and then drop to magma!

Or let them wander forever over the bottom of magma sea. I don't care

The latter sounds cooler.
Sig

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 14, 2012, 02:44:59 pm »

immune to magma

immune    MAGMA

Oh fuck...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:47:50 pm by Ifeno »

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - When not even magma can fix it...
« Reply #386 on: August 14, 2012, 03:06:27 pm »

If only necro910 were still around on the forums I think he might finally have found his calling
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 14, 2012, 04:00:01 pm »

immune to magma

immune    MAGMA

Oh fuck...

I second that statement.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 14, 2012, 08:24:04 pm »

If only necro910 were still around on the forums I think he might finally have found his calling
Yeah...sad. What happened to him and his meme?
Sig

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 14, 2012, 08:25:59 pm »

Yeah...sad. What happened to him and his meme?

I think he got banned or something.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49