Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 108966 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

Lohoks great so far.  Will put up a dorf request when I get on my laptop. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*snip*
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1st Galena

Once again I'm up and walking, healthier than ever and with my dear love by my side we shall slay all those in our way! Well I'll do most the work, Ifeno will probably just try and steal the credit.

26th Limestone

This will likely be my last entry, for soon as I've finished my tankard of ale I'll be grabbing the nearest sword, hobbling out of bed and doing battle with foul demons so that the others may reach safety.

How did this come to be? I thought I saw Ifeno die and in my bloodlust charged a swarm of flying beasties finding myself in hospital once again, these devils were more daring than the last, every few days past I'll hear screams from the courtyard and see the rotten husks of dwarfs dragged into a bed beside mine, I ordered Cellmonk to create a new path to the caverns and lead those who are still able and healthy to seek refuge there, rumour is Ifeno survived his ordeal and thus I have decreed he is to lead after I am gone.

Xeres trudged onwards, his prospects were not terribly high, he'd been selected to be one of Poolstockades founding members, to arrive in the Autumn, of course it was mandatory for he was perfectly content living in the vast mountain homes, who wouldn't be? A measly outpost far gone from civilization was little to his tastes.

8th Sandstone

This is ridiculous, my first sight of the place was a pitiful mudstone wall, mudstone? Mudstone isn't fit for a halfling! But no that's not enough to ruin my day, just as I'm walking to the front gate an arm waves from a hole in the floor "psh, in here", guess what? The 3 fools stuck down there were supposedly the only survivors of a zombie rampage, I'm stuck with my dour companions and two batshit insane dwarfs who've taken to hiding in the caverns, best make the most of it. I've not had any experience but with luck I can become a skilled doctor and have a ward to myself, uncle says I have the looks of a dwarf with natural talent.

Sorry about squiffing up, everyone except Cellmonk and Ifeno will need re-dwarfing >_<
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 04:51:45 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile

awww.... i'll re-dwarf myself when my turn comes around
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile

So who's alive right now?  Also who's "overseer"?  Is that me or you?  I think I accidentally tagged my guy as overseer despite it not being my turn (if i DID accidentally tag myself go ahead and remove the title).

Also I really like your updates.  Quite fun to read :D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 07:07:41 pm by Ifeno »
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Slight addition to the rules

Please see the OP, (new rule...really more of a request...) at the very bottom of the rule list.  Also a minor edit to the "no changing custom titles" rule...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So who's alive right now?  Also who's "overseer"?  Is that me or you?  I think I accidentally tagged my guy as overseer despite it not being my turn (if i DID accidentally tag myself go ahead and remove the title).

Every panel from the units screen ^_^ I'd remove the tag but as I said your the new ruler in the last update there's little point

Spoiler: Images (click to show/hide)

Also I really like your updates.  Quite fun to read :D

Cheers :D

Heh, Poolstockades doesn't look like a fort that's less than a year old, it looks like full blown Boatmurderd carnage
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 09:33:24 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I'd like to request that my dwarf not be buried or memorialised. Having a ghost or a few around would be neat, and the ghost will be a convenient excuse for the drive for revenge my next dwarf has.
I'd still like a living dwarf, though. I'm imagining something neat...Remember the part about wanting to avenge the death of GreatWyrmGold due to a dream (caused by a ghost?).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to request that my dwarf not be buried or memorialised. Having a ghost or a few around would be neat, and the ghost will be a convenient excuse for the drive for revenge my next dwarf has.
I'd still like a living dwarf, though. I'm imagining something neat...Remember the part about wanting to avenge the death of GreatWyrmGold due to a dream (caused by a ghost?).

Interesting request, but if it's a dangerous ghost we'll more than likely have to eliminate it.  if it's just a haunt or another harmless type he can stay

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OP updated to match the current status of the dorfs.  How much of your turn do you have left?  I hope you had the time to build a trap for me despite all the carnage. XD  I really like the entrance you made, looks awesome!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting request, but if it's a dangerous ghost we'll more than likely have to eliminate it.  if it's just a haunt or another harmless type he can stay
I accept. How about if someone does so, their dwarf will be killed and the ghost used to replace mine? Or do we not need punishments for failing to not do an action?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I accept. How about if someone does so, their dwarf will be killed and the ghost used to replace mine? Or do we not need punishments for failing to not do an action?

Eh' that's a tad excessive.  I mean, if it turns out to be a murderous ghost or a violent ghost we risk losing the fortress if we don't stop it lol. 

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh' that's a tad excessive.  I mean, if it turns out to be a murderous ghost or a violent ghost we risk losing the fortress if we don't stop it lol.

How about after your turn if your ghost is still alive you create a challenge for the next overseer regarding your ghost if it still exists?

E: I was actually most the way to making a trap before the zombie's forced everyone to the caverns
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 09:46:55 am by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about after your turn if your ghost is still alive you create a challenge for the next overseer regarding your ghost if it still exists?

E: I was actually most the way to making a trap before the zombie's forced everyone to the caverns

That's probably the most reasonable thing to do.

And yeah, my trap in StNPO 1 wasn't finished either cause of a siege =/

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought that was implied. Obviously, if it's a marauding murderous ghost we need to call the slab-makers or Ghostbusters...although if a murderous ghost stayed in one place, it would make a neat goblin-disposal device.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49