Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 107338 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Actually pretty alive!
« Reply #465 on: August 19, 2012, 09:47:18 am »

No, real dwarves MELT the goblin iron, and reforge it into fine dwarven steel!

All about that Goblinite man.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 19, 2012, 11:00:41 am »

Heh, soon everyone will have a sig or avatar created by me!
Can you make me an avatar that's the Bionicle Tahu with a Dwarf face? Pretty please with minced dwarven wine on top?
I don't even know what that IS. Why do you think he'd be more interested in making you an avatar than me?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 19, 2012, 01:24:30 pm »

Heh, soon everyone will have a sig or avatar created by me!
Can you make me an avatar that's the Bionicle Tahu with a Dwarf face? Pretty please with minced dwarven wine on top?
I don't even know what that IS. Why do you think he'd be more interested in making you an avatar than me?

Because I started a meme about Necro910, that's why.

Also, this is Tahu. But don't use the pic on that page, I'm kind of old-school. (Meaning, I haven't play with my Bionicles since 2008.) Use the one on the right of this page.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 19, 2012, 06:57:10 pm »

Ok, I gave both of them a shot

Spoiler: Tahu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Golden Dragon (click to show/hide)
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 19, 2012, 07:02:36 pm »

Not bad.
Not one I'm likely to use, because it looks like a rainbow vomited on the child of a duck and a psychedelic chameleon...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 19, 2012, 07:07:17 pm »

Not bad.
Not one I'm likely to use, because it looks like a rainbow vomited on the child of a duck and a psychedelic chameleon...

Actually, it's part duck, cat, llama, wolf, cow, pterosaur and then chameleon
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 19, 2012, 07:24:12 pm »

I guess I should have been more clear when I made my tounge-in-cheek request, but I was imagining something like a D&D gold dragon. That's where my username came from, actually--I first used it on the GitP forums, which has a lot of D&D players for obvious reasons.
Sig

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 19, 2012, 08:26:12 pm »

Not what I was imagining, but still badass. I was thinking of my current profile pic with a dorf face. Can you tell me what software you use to make those?

Also, can somebody tell me how to use the edit profile menu on an iPad?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 19, 2012, 08:44:23 pm »

Not what I was imagining, but still badass. I was thinking of my current profile pic with a dorf face. Can you tell me what software you use to make those?

Photoshop CS6
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 19, 2012, 09:03:34 pm »

Okay, starting my turn now. Sorry for the delay, I've been sick. For the record, I'm going into this blind, so don't expect anything to go smoothly.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 19, 2012, 09:51:12 pm »

Okay, starting my turn now. Sorry for the delay, I've been sick. For the record, I'm going into this blind, so don't expect anything to go smoothly.

No problem man!  Hope ya feel better!  That's why I give people a week time to respond ;)

Did you see the challenge posted for you?
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 20, 2012, 12:00:30 pm »

Yep, and the 'letter to the overseer'. Though I'm not entirely sure who to give the bunker to at this point. I haven't done much more than take a look around the fort yet, so I'll probably post my first real update later today.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 20, 2012, 12:21:14 pm »

Yep, and the 'letter to the overseer'. Though I'm not entirely sure who to give the bunker to at this point. I haven't done much more than take a look around the fort yet, so I'll probably post my first real update later today.

well the bunker is just a general project for anyone and everyone to work on as they wish / can.

for now we should just focus on building it.  Once it's built we can re-dorf him and stick him in there...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:43:35 pm by Ifeno »

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 20, 2012, 12:48:07 pm »

Wow... Now that I'm looking more closely, it seems like the bunker is going to be a necessity. We have six dwarves left, four of whom are unhappy, one of whom appears to be attempting a meeting with a zombified trader and the last of whom doesn't appear able to move. Meanwhile, there's a clear path from the zombies into the fortress, though fortunately one easily blocked off by locking a single door, there's corpses in the fortress that I can only hope are lying on non-evil biome spaces, and for some reason the soldiers are all heading off to their stations. I'm not going to update properly yet, but I'm just going to say that as all military action at this point is both counterproductive in that it creates more corpses and completely useless, I'm just discharging everyone for now. I can only hope I get someone to safety before everyone goes insane.

In other words, it looks like this is going to be Fun.
Live bait.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 20, 2012, 06:24:28 pm »

How is my current dwarf?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 49