Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 109271 times)

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Actually pretty alive!
« Reply #480 on: August 20, 2012, 07:06:59 pm »

GreatWrymSteel (sic) is one of the two sane dwarves. I don't think I'm going to update today, just because things are a little too crazy still, but one of the dwarves is dead by ghost action, which I'm pretty sure is unavoidable at this point, and the medical dwarf can't move and no one will feed him, so he's a lost cause. I've stopped people from hauling anything except corpses, and am hoping that I can mine out safe quarters before some corpse I've missed zombifies and kills everyone like the chinchilla almost did, except I got lucky and it fell off a cliff. Next step is get rid of all the ghosts.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 20, 2012, 08:01:09 pm »

I'm really excited to see some pics of what you've done so far.  Oh and the reason they won't move the CMD is because he needs to be moved to a hospital.  So create a hospital and stick a bed in it.  There should be plenty of them.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 20, 2012, 08:09:06 pm »

Loads of beds, no one's moving them. I'll post tomorrow probably with pics of the fort and anything I manage to do. One of the other dwarves went crazy, so that's only three dwarves left, with one stuck in a permanent 'go to meeting' that I can't figure out how to cancel. No one has found time to build the bunker. Things don't look good at all.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 20, 2012, 08:56:03 pm »

One of the other dwarves went crazy, so that's only three dwarves left, with one stuck in a permanent 'go to meeting' that I can't figure out how to cancel.

The only proper response:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWsJcg-g1pg
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 20, 2012, 10:30:27 pm »

oh my, at this rate we'll be spending more time reclaiming than actually screwing each other over...
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 21, 2012, 12:31:19 am »

Well, before I stopped for the day, someone might have managed to go get a pick, though not start digging for some reason. And we still have two content unwounded dwarves and a lot of food, so if I can build bunkers of some kind and then collapse tunnels on the inevitable four zombies in the main area, we'll technically still have a now completely safe and almost completely stable fortress. Sort of. I'm not sure how many corpses in the main area are currently set to become zombies though. My current plan after digging the bunkers near an easily flooded area, and which will make more sense once I have pictures up tomorrow, is to seal off where the food is right now and part of the top soil layer so I can have food and trees and metal and soil and stone in places I can easily dig to. It really all depends on whether or not I manage to get the shelters dug in time, as the rest either provides luxuries (wood and metal) or else can be dug out whenever I want (space, stone).
Live bait.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 21, 2012, 02:02:10 am »

oh my, at this rate we'll be spending more time reclaiming than actually screwing each other over...
Yep, the location is way too hardcore.
If we get a few more reclaims, I suggest start STNPO3 somewhere else.
And lets claim that shelter demilitarized zone and no one should do any harm to their inhabitants. Violation of this rule leads to rollback to previous save.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 21, 2012, 04:01:41 pm »

Woah, my dwarf is STILL alive?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 21, 2012, 04:12:21 pm »

I think so. You lucked out.
Live bait.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 21, 2012, 08:01:21 pm »

I'm sorry, I stopped paying attention three pages back. Who's turn was it? (note: obvious bump statement. please no hate :( )
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:03:24 pm by jesternario »
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 21, 2012, 08:06:38 pm »

If we get a few more reclaims, I suggest start STNPO3 somewhere else.

As a spectator with no talent in mechanisms whatsofreaking ever, I agree. It's no fun if you guys 'n gals can't go Machiavellian on each other.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 21, 2012, 08:18:47 pm »

Thirded. I'll take the third turn of StNPOIII.

EDIT: Because my dwarf is alive and the ending-credits-song from Portal is stuck in my head...well, I've got a few lines, but give me a sec, I'll be back. And by the time I am, my dwarf will likely be dead, but meh.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 21, 2012, 08:38:09 pm »

For now let's keep going.  I think this place is settelable although I'm not sure we haven't already missed that window.  Like Pere said, let's wait a few more re-claims.

If there IS a StNPO 3, I will take anyone who hasn't gotten their turn yet and start with them, taking any re-turners and newcomers on the end.  Just to ensure the people who signed up already aren't cheated out of their turns.

But for now let's see if we can salvage this.  We're only on turn 5 so it's a tad early to give up...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 21, 2012, 08:49:48 pm »

Fair enough.

Found engraved on a wall in the mines:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Most carvings match writing patterns of GreatWyrmSteel, with certain parts matching that of certain deceased members of the fortress and part in an unknown hand.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:35:39 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 21, 2012, 08:58:35 pm »

Then let the Machiavellian scheming commence!

And GreatWyrm, you almost got that song stuck in my head! Fortunately, I was listening to Hatsune Miku at the time, so I don't have to hear GlaDOS in my head all night.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 49