Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 109570 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Actually pretty alive!
« Reply #495 on: August 21, 2012, 09:21:07 pm »

I warned you...

EDIT: Because my dwarf is alive and the ending-credits-song from Portal is stuck in my head...well, I've got a few lines, but give me a sec, I'll be back. And by the time I am, my dwarf will likely be dead, but meh.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 22, 2012, 06:00:45 am »

Argh, now all the voices that normally talk in my head are Glados, blargh
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 22, 2012, 04:59:19 pm »

Figured you guys might be interested in this RP I started, http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=115224 ^_^
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 22, 2012, 09:00:41 pm »

I'm psyched for the first update can't wait to see what's happened so far.  Personally I feel like we CAN salvage this fortress...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 23, 2012, 01:04:33 am »

Sorry... I really had hoped to get an update today, but it looks like I'll have to wait for tomorrow. I stand by what I said before about salvageability: it all depends on whether or not the shelter works as planned. In the event that it works, I do intend to lay a trap, but will make sure it only affects one of the two dwarves left. Or else makes the outside even more uninhabitable. Now I'm thinking I should check for sand everywhere, see if I can get enough glass to do some magma pumping... getting a bit ahead of myself I suppose.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 23, 2012, 12:08:21 pm »

Really our biggest issue is that the courtyard doesn't have a roof...because it's a courtyard.  If we can get a safe indoor location we should be fine. 
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 23, 2012, 12:18:58 pm »

Really our biggest issue is that the courtyard doesn't have a roof...because it's a courtyard.  If we can get a safe indoor location we should be fine.

Hey, at least my challenge was the start of a roof, I reckon it'd be mega cool if someone built a tonne of draw bridges up there and linked them all to one lever you know.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 23, 2012, 12:21:23 pm »

Hey, at least my challenge was the start of a roof, I reckon it'd be mega cool if someone built a tonne of draw bridges up there and linked them all to one lever you know.
Until a flying building destroyer decides to poke a hole in your roof bridges.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 23, 2012, 12:55:06 pm »

Until a flying building destroyer decides to poke a hole in your roof bridges.
Heh, knowing our luck that'd probably be the most likely outcome.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 23, 2012, 12:58:17 pm »

Could've sworn bridges were indestructible once upon a time.  I think at this point we need to just seal ourselves off from society and only open the door to migrants...

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 23, 2012, 01:02:44 pm »

that's not dwarfy!
Dwarfy way is having archer squad patrolling behind fortifications and rain bolts upon any flier.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 23, 2012, 01:03:43 pm »

Could've sworn bridges were indestructible once upon a time.  I think at this point we need to just seal ourselves off from society and only open the door to migrants...
Raising bridges are indestructible from the outside when raised, they behave like a wall.
They are just like any other building when lowered.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 23, 2012, 03:43:48 pm »

Raising bridges are indestructible from the outside when raised, they behave like a wall.
They are just like any other building when lowered.

Ah yeah you're correct.

that's not dwarfy!
Dwarfy way is having archer squad patrolling behind fortifications and rain bolts upon any flier.

And while they do that all the good little farmer dorfs sit inside where it's nice and safe, pick axes at the ready.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 23, 2012, 03:43:51 pm »

I'm 99% sure that the reason that building destroyers don't destroy bridges is because trolls would smash bridges they were standing on and send themselves plummetting into a firey abyss far below, so they don't ever smash bridges.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 23, 2012, 07:46:14 pm »

I'm 99% sure that the reason that building destroyers don't destroy bridges is because trolls would smash bridges they were standing on and send themselves plummetting into a firey abyss far below, so they don't ever smash bridges.

Troll: Pay me the toll or I make sure you never cross this bridge.
Urist McMiser: No way am I goin ta pay for th' right to cross yer shabby plank ye call a bridge
Troll: That does it! (smashes bridge. looks down and at Urist, who smiles as troll plummets cartoon style into a magma sea).
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 49