Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 109596 times)

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Actually pretty alive!
« Reply #540 on: August 29, 2012, 10:17:56 am »

As long as my fellow gamers get the reference, that's all that matters :)
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 30, 2012, 05:44:34 pm »

Okay, this is the last update. Link to save at end of post. Also...

Btw, who are you dorfed as Wizby?  I updated the OP for all the new dorfs but I don't know about yours.

Update time. By the way, all requests have been dorfed... Also me as Rimtar Etaslikot, Record Keeper

1st Granite, 11, Early Spring

And so another year has come and gone. Looking back on all we have accomplished... starting with just me and the captain, with nothing but a pick, a bed, some food and the clothes on our backs, and now there are twenty of us, with almost the entire fortress at our disposal, and most importantly, safe.

We have food, sand, metal, a working set of forges, and plenty of room for beds and tables, now that our miners are finished with the temple.

There is still much work to be done; we must finish the windows, and the altar, and the masons say that they cannot finish the columns without scaffolding. The traps also need some work; while my bridge is set to drop any intruders into the caverns below, we need some means to power the minecart-track which will serve as our primary defense.

But once the temple is finished, our next step is to rid the surface of these cursed ones, once and for all.

It will be a challenge, but considering what we've done so far, it seems there is nothing we cannot do.

save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6849
I forgot to change the folder's name to STNPO Year 5. Whoops.

The only potentially dangerous thing I think for someone loading the game now is that I've got a dog zombie in the ballista area who is refusing to walk into the cage traps to his immediate right. So long as you don't actually send anyone into the room, everything should be fine. Good luck!

Also, exactly 50 pictures in my updates, the same as the first stnpo. This makes me happy.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 30, 2012, 06:12:52 pm »

Awesome update was awesome. Citadel incomplete but that was to be expected since you only had half a turn to work on it.

Updating OP and then pming next player.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 30, 2012, 06:17:30 pm »

Don't forget to leave a challenge for the next overseer
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 30, 2012, 06:34:54 pm »

Citadel incomplete but that was to be expected since you only had half a turn to work on it.

Incomplete, are you frakking kidding? That's a testament to dwarf kind! Only someone with a beard of solid iron could achieve as Twizby did and thus I chose to oppose your decision, Rimtar should most certainly be bestowed with rewards fit for his accomplishments!
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 30, 2012, 07:50:19 pm »

Citadel incomplete but that was to be expected since you only had half a turn to work on it.

Incomplete, are you frakking kidding? That's a testament to dwarf kind! Only someone with a beard of solid iron could achieve as Twizby did and thus I chose to oppose your decision, Rimtar should most certainly be bestowed with rewards fit for his accomplishments!

Isn't fully engraved, traps aren't fully set up, missing windows and furnishings.  He got a lot done and it looks pretty cool but it's not "done".  Thus incomplete...I didn't say failed >.>...The challenge was made to be absurd so yeah...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 30, 2012, 07:54:11 pm »

That's cruel. I vote TSTwisby be given the reward, given his near-completeness and the fact that he had only half a turn and a handful of dwarves to work with, not to mention the zombies and that, quote,
The challenge was made to be absurd[,] so yeah...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 30, 2012, 08:01:24 pm »

Agreed; give him the reward. For most intents and purposes the temple is complete, and what isn't seems like it could be finished very quickly by the next overseer.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 30, 2012, 10:39:17 pm »

I forgot to change the folder's name to STNPO Year 5. Whoops.

it would actually be year 6 :P

and i do think that TSTwizby should be given some kind of reward, just for the sheer awesomeness of pulling this fort up from the brink.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 30, 2012, 11:24:13 pm »

Thanks guys. I do have to say, I didn't really complete the challenge, but I think I might have completed the 'bedrooms for every dwarf' one. I prefer that reward anyway...

I totally forgot about a challenge. How about this:

Challenge 6:

Challenge: You are to capture as many zombies as you can and either:

1. Drop them into a moat around the fortress. The moat must be at least 2 z-levels deep where possible, though to avoid damaging the fortress limiting yourself to 1 z-level is permissible, and must not be exitable or filled with water. Similarly, it is preferred that it be two tiles in width, though again where it would damage the fortress or expose the moat to water it is permissible to limit it to one tile.

Bonus: Just completing this one is a bonus, as this is the hardest option by far.

2. Drop them into a large, deep pit beneath the entrance to the fortress. The pit must be at least 100 tiles in area and 2 z-levels deep, and roughly rectangular in shape (though minor variations, such as a rectangle with rounded edges or a rectangle with a pinch in the middle are fine). The pit is to be partly covered by a bridge which retracts rather than raising.

Bonus: Set up pressure plates so that incoming invaders will be dumped into the pit as they run over the bridge

3. Drop them into a labyrinth deep within the fortress, which can be used as punishment and for disposing of prisoners. Have one exit to the labyrinth which leads to outside by a convoluted route to give the prisoners hope. Do not put any traps in the labyrinth, but putting in pressure plates to cause walls to 'shift' (with raising/lowering bridges) is encouraged.

Bonus: Put a glass ceiling on the labyrinth and build a dining hall above it, filled with levers that control parts of the labyrinth below. Have the dwarves place bets on whether or not a prisoner can escape.

Reward: Your dwarf gets a masterwork room in the safe house.

Bonus Reward: Your dwarf gets an artifact of his choosing, provided useful ones exist at the time.
Punishment: Someone's certainly going to make a zombie death chamber, and when they do your dwarf is the first victim. Your dwarf will be given one chance to escape, perhaps by breaking down a wall and building it up behind him before the first zombie gets dumped in after him. If he survives, all is forgiven. If not, all is forgiven but it ceases to matter to him.

I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 31, 2012, 12:25:22 am »

I'm actually against him getting a reward, as he did not finish the challenge. Although, ultimately, it's up to the challenge giver to determine whether or not they have passed. So, Ifeno, I believe you gave the challenge. Did they succeed or fail?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:31:40 am by jesternario »
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 31, 2012, 02:24:26 am »

We can let the next overseer finish the temple, and give the reward to both TSTwizby and the next one. The Temple should be completed by any means, or the wrath of Armok shall fall on your heads!!!
Well, actually, it will fall on your heads either way, it's just like the things are. But temple should be as awesone as possible.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 31, 2012, 05:45:09 am »

We can let the next overseer finish the temple, and give the reward to both TSTwizby and the next one. The Temple should be completed by any means, or the wrath of Armok shall fall on your heads!!!
Well, actually, it will fall on your heads either way, it's just like the things are. But temple should be as awesone as possible.

We can just stick it in the "Ongoing Projects" folder if yall want.  Also OP updated to include wizby's challenge ^^

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 02, 2012, 07:33:53 pm »

It's night time where I am. I think I'll go bump.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 02, 2012, 08:10:16 pm »

It's night time where I am. I think I'll go bump.

Eh, the worst that'll happen is skipping Stardust's turn, he's got two days left to reply now by my watch.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49