Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 108869 times)

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Can we reach 2k zombies?! I THINK SO!
« Reply #660 on: October 09, 2012, 03:44:35 pm »

Ok so new plan. There are more than 200 beastmen on the map. I seriously underestimated the FPS drain it would cause. I also need that DF hack command to get rid of them all since i stupidly decided to delete it.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 09, 2012, 05:49:03 pm »

[DFHack]# lua

[lua]# killrace = -1; for i,j in pairs(df.global.world.raws.creatures.all) do if (j.creature_id == "REPTILE_MAN") then killrace = i; end; end; for i,j in pairs(df.global.world.units.active) do if (j.race == killrace) then j.animal.vanish_countdown = 1; end end

[lua]# killrace = -1; for i,j in pairs(df.global.world.raws.creatures.all) do if (j.creature_id == "BAT_MAN") then killrace = i; end; end; for i,j in pairs(df.global.world.units.active) do if (j.race == killrace) then j.animal.vanish_countdown = 1; end end

edit the commands to fit the beastmen as well...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 09, 2012, 06:04:31 pm »

And whatever you do make sure not to spell any of the enemies as D-W-A-R-F
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 10, 2012, 02:08:15 pm »

And whatever you do make sure not to spell any of the enemies as D-W-A-R-F

What kind of idiot tries to spell bat-man or cat-man or whatever else as Dwarf?

Either way the update should be coming soon. This time for real

Quick edit:Removed reptile men soon to remove bat-men as well.

quick edit to the quick edit: dead/missing count has now passed the 2000 mark. at 2564+ about 140 bat-men
Super quick edit: all beast men now dead commencing update process.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 02:44:11 pm by antlion12 »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 10, 2012, 03:41:20 pm »

Can you sign me up for another round? (Atleast if this fort survives those upcoming 10 years)
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 10, 2012, 04:04:02 pm »

I would also like another waiting turn thing.  I asked for one a while back, but I don't think you noticed. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 10, 2012, 04:10:52 pm »

Poolstocades
Diary of Antlion Cobalttalk

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Finally arriving at our destination with my companions who as follows are.

one GreatwyrmBronze who taking after the traditional custom of being named after a metal which runs at the heart of the Greatwyrm clan.And has embraced their innate desire to go to the most hostile places that the idiotic nobles seem to find a habit of forming.

Next is the only man in this expedition is called lightningfalcon II who insists on being called the second whenever possible.

Let's see who else. OH right can't forget scruffy who true to the name seems to have a bit of a scruffy beard growing.

Then there's Willsauce. I honestly can't understand dwarven naming conventions

Another is Hanslanda. Seems to have an odd habit of calling the military cannon fodder.

And last but not least me.

anyway we came to the fort and found one thing about it.

I don't even want to begin to explain this. There is about FIVE wagons just sitting around for the love of Anon!

Either way the first act is to get everyone a weapon and armor on a venture out to the main fort.

Just when we were preparing to move a strange sight came to our attention.

It looked like a reptile of some sort except it moved on two legs. And it had no skin too for the record never thought I'd see that.

Either way we moved in for the kill

Our war-hammers did the job quickly. Scruffy was charged at first but then i came in hit it a few times and then it just dropped dead. Again!

Okay There is the first update. only one free dwarf remains as all who asked have been obviously dorfed.

Update should be sometime tomorrow as  need to do a few things right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 10, 2012, 05:59:39 pm »

"She rarely feels discouraged...She is assertive. She is relaxed. She is a risk-taker and a thrill-seeker..."
GWS is going to be a thrill-seeker. That reminds me, as GreatWyrm"Bronze" likes silver but not bronze, she should actually be named "GreatWyrmSilver."

Anyways...

One final note: I did ask towards the start that my non-murderous ghosts not be memorialized. If there is no reason not to, could you remove all slabs memorializing past GreatWyrms?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 10, 2012, 07:42:23 pm »

Holy batshit, Fatman! I lost track of thread, and I came back to find 2000ish zombies, and that it is my frakking turn next!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 10, 2012, 07:55:14 pm »

Holy batshit, Fatman! I lost track of thread, and I came back to find 2000ish zombies, and that it is my frakking turn next!

I opened the save, on the 1st Granite there were about a dozen ambushes.

Also it looks like my turn may partially clash with my Royal Air Force pre-recruit training. Worst case scenario is I'm a few days late to start my turn.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 11, 2012, 05:15:49 am »

I don't even want to begin to explain this. There is about FIVE wagons just sitting around for the love of Anon!
Nope, around 10. They are partially on top of each other. You should be able to find PLENTY of copper armor from those wagons  ;D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 05:17:35 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 11, 2012, 05:17:22 am »

Nope, around 10. They are partially on top of each other. You should be able to find PLENTY of copper armor from those wagons  ;D

Et tu, Urist

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 11, 2012, 01:24:24 pm »

"She rarely feels discouraged...She is assertive. She is relaxed. She is a risk-taker and a thrill-seeker..."
GWS is going to be a thrill-seeker. That reminds me, as GreatWyrm"Bronze" likes silver but not bronze, she should actually be named "GreatWyrmSilver."

I decided since there was already a greatwyrm silver to just pick the next valuble material but if you really want it to be greatwyrmsSilver II i will change it.

Would there happen to be about seven pairs of copper greaves and helmets with an additional 14 pairs of copper low/high boots and gauntlets?

also there is currently a lot of rain falling where I'm at with an expected wind-speed of around over 100 m/ph so i might not be able to post eventually due to the internet disconnecting. Just a friendly heads up.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 11, 2012, 02:22:49 pm »

Everyone's dead: The failure of the reclamation of Poolstockades.
Journal of the only survivor Lightningfalcon II

It all started with that one water buffalo skeleton

Antlion was first to be attacked and died being mauled by a dog's corpse and a skeletal water buffalo

But she was not the first to fall. No that would be that damn thing that dropped a bridge on  three of the others. What kind of value does a drawbridge have there in the first place?

however they were not done after their deaths the other three were mauled by the undead hordes. They chased me off a small cliff face but not before ripping out my eye.

In the end i was the last one. They surrounded me once but then i was renewed by a new strength..
of body.

But all i could do was run and run i did.

I ran far far away out of this accursed place never turning back once.

All the while the dead marches on. As far as I'm concerned they can keep the damn place for themselves.

So to recap what just happened almost everyone is dead. Lightningfalcons's character did not want to fight the undead anymore and just ran away. Also in true Dwarven spirit three of them somehow got themselves crushed by a draw-bridge and the undead keep a stranglehold on the fort.

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7029

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:47:04 pm by antlion12 »

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 11, 2012, 02:34:49 pm »

All Im getting for half of the pics are 403s.  Might just be my phone.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 49