Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 109612 times)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, just uploaded my whole DF folder, if this doesn't work *shrugs* http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6509
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile

out of curiosity, do you have any random things installed that might have caused it not to work for me?
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got Dwarf Therapist, DFhack, Jdwarf, Dfusion, Stonesense and Fortress Overseer though none should make a difference, did you download the whole folder? I really don't know what's wrong past that point, I'm using windows 7 and that's it really
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just tested it, with your folder it works perfectly.  Idk what's up with my DF...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just took the first look at the fortress.  Good god..what the fuck did you build/dig.  This fort is 1 year old and it's already an incomprehensible mess of tunnels and walls.  I'm so freaking lost. As for the challenge:

It's not exactly completed since the 2nd floor and upward are only half built, but it's not really failed either since You did create a massive ass wall as well as a moat and a draw bridge.  The draw bridge isn't connected though and the moat appears to lead into our basement which isn't exactly ideal for a moat...  I think we'll count the challenge as failed but won't enact any punishments or rewards since.  Or I'll just come up with a 3rd status for challenges..."Mostly Passed"?  Anyway, I think you'dve easily done it if not for the zombie hoard.  I'm hoping to get a formal update up later today, just took a quick look at the fort.  I've got some studying to do for an exam next Wednesday so I can't play JUST yet.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:38:27 pm by Ifeno »

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, well this is screw the next player over and I had to make sure you wouldn't be able to detect my trap you see  :o

E: Just had a thought, can I have the fort back for literally an in-game day or two, there's something I meant to do to the trap 'cos at the moment it could potentially ruin the fort and there was a quick adjustment I meant to make and then forgot about which scales back the damage a bit
E2: It took 4 days in the end, anyway here's the new save, pop it in ../df/data/save... hope you haven't already started  :-\ http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6509
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 05:36:54 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, well this is screw the next player over and I had to make sure you wouldn't be able to detect my trap you see  :o

E: Just had a thought, can I have the fort back for literally an in-game day or two, there's something I meant to do to the trap 'cos at the moment it could potentially ruin the fort and there was a quick adjustment I meant to make and then forgot about which scales back the damage a bit

Nah, let's roll with it ;)  There really isn't a fort to ruin right now so if it DOES somehow kill us I'll just re-claim.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, let's roll with it ;)  There really isn't a fort to ruin right now so if it DOES somehow kill us I'll just re-claim.

It's a lag issue rather than a hard difficulty issue, just fixed anyway :)
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Anyway, I think you'dve easily done it if not for the zombie hoard.  I'm hoping to get a formal update up later today, just took a quick look at the fort.  I've got some studying to do for an exam next Wednesday so I can't play JUST yet.
Wait, he had a zombie hoard? Like, a bunch of valuable zombies locked up in a vault?
(hoard=/=horde)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyway, I think you'dve easily done it if not for the zombie hoard.  I'm hoping to get a formal update up later today, just took a quick look at the fort.  I've got some studying to do for an exam next Wednesday so I can't play JUST yet.
Wait, he had a zombie hoard? Like, a bunch of valuable zombies locked up in a vault?
(hoard=/=horde)

Well there is a valuable undead giant cave spider I've locked up and I'm pretty sure I holed up an undead rutherer, a few bouncing mussel shells and a dwarf so he could have been referring to the vast amount of bookkeeping delaying construction.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well they're more or less locked up so I guess the horde is somewhat of a hoard...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

(hoard=/=horde)

Well there is a valuable undead giant cave spider I've locked up and I'm pretty sure I holed up an undead rutherer, a few bouncing mussel shells and a dwarf so he could have been referring to the vast amount of bookkeeping delaying construction.
..."a dwarf"...
Did you stick my corpse in a box?

Would whoever's going next let me know when I get dwarfed, and ideally the status of my old dwarf's corpse at that point?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile

if so, then we may have ourselves a fort mascot!

Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You
(hoard=/=horde)

..."a dwarf"...

Would whoever's going next let me know when I get dwarfed, and ideally the status of my old dwarf's corpse at that point?

You've been dorfed as GreatWyrmPyrite as requested.  The metal was Pig Iron and I figured you wouldn't want GreatWyrmPigIron...

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if so, then we may have ourselves a fort mascot!

After looking around some more it seems quite a few corpses have gone AWOL.  For example, I can't find Stardust's corpse ANYWHERE.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49