Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 108983 times)

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whee! Things are getting started!
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

*Breathlessly waiting for the madeness to begin*
Chopped chinchillas, anyone?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile

Can we get some kind of list of everyone who's dwarfed, or are we expected to choose a dwarf once it's our turn?

Sure I'll compile as list as soon as it's my turn.  But it's likely best if you request yourself being dorfed or if you dorf yourself.  Infact, I may just create a "requested dorfs" list for anyone who has not yet been dorfed so overseers don't have to read through pages of this thread looking for dorfees.  What kind of dorf would you like?  And what should he/she be named?
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Re-reading my OP and dear GOD are there a lot of typos in it.  If anyone finds any blatant typos or any missing words please let me know so I can fix them!
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile

wow, just took a peek at the initial embark, 5/7 of us are female, lol
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeaaaaaah...I really couldn't uphold any of the "I'd like a male" requests =/

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dorf list created.  Let me know if there's anything else organization related I should make =)

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile

Yeaaaaaah...I really couldn't uphold any of the "I'd like a male" requests =/

as long as we're all referred to by our correct (in character) gender i'm ok with it.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Can we get some kind of list of everyone who's dwarfed, or are we expected to choose a dwarf once it's our turn?

Sure I'll compile as list as soon as it's my turn.  But it's likely best if you request yourself being dorfed or if you dorf yourself.  Infact, I may just create a "requested dorfs" list for anyone who has not yet been dorfed so overseers don't have to read through pages of this thread looking for dorfees.  What kind of dorf would you like?  And what should he/she be named?

I think I put up my dorfing requests in one of the other threads, but I can't remember them.
Which of the Starting Seven are still available?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check the list, you're dorfed lol

I think I put up my dorfing requests in one of the other threads, but I can't remember them.
Which of the Starting Seven are still available?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

...Why so I am. How's he doing?
Not dead yet?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not dead yet?

Your sort of alive... your locked in the caverns though 'cos a troll turned you into a zombie, updating in a sec ^_^
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not dead yet?

Your sort of alive... your locked in the caverns though 'cos a troll turned you into a zombie, updating in a sec ^_^

Awesome! Can't wait! :D  Did you get my PM?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

16th Slate

Had an awfully close call today, got bowled over by one of the rodent things, lost the grip on my sword too but I showed the bugger who he was dealing with! Shot it a good half dozen times.

20th Hematite

Gah, I have an awful headache, you'd've thought a month and a half in a hospital bed asleep would stop that one but nope, last thing I can remember is thrusting my blade into a charging bull's head, apparently one of the others found me and set me to bed. On the plus side as I stumbled out I could see the fort was coming along well, should give me safe boundaries with which to practice my crutch-walking.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2nd Malachite

Dammit, I really should have learnt, once again I'm in a damp bed, I'll be dead soon at this rate, the only shining light in my life is dear Ifeno, his presence is one of the few things that can calm me these days.

11th Malachite

I really cannot get a frigging break around here, a troll came up from the caverns, luckily Wyrm Gold was nearby and called for the others though I have no idea where he is now, I asked Ifeno about him and he didn't reply, not exactly reassuring.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Awesome! Can't wait! :D  Did you get my PM?

Yup (Y)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:35:46 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I laughed REALLY hard at 'Ifeno' lover. XD That's SUCH a win considering my ghost was basically the reason the last fort ended  8)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49