Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 107395 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile

Ok, exam over and done with.  Going to start playing later today.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where's the current dump zone?
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where's the current dump zone?
You can hit "R" to get a list of zones, stockpiles, rooms and constructions which helps with that sort of thing, on cavern layer 3 there's a staircase that goes down to the magma sea near the left edge of the map, there's a room directly adjacent to another flooded room with a channelled hole which the dwarfs can chuck stuff into :)
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I never realized how old my previous version was before I started playing this one... 'o.O Working on the 1st update now...

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Journal of Ifeno, Entry 1 - 9th of Slate, Year 7

Since Pan's incapacitation late last year I have been left to lead the fortress.  The months since have been both eventful, and uneventful.  Daily zombie attacks have become the norm, it is only due to Pan's decree that every citizen must join the armed forces that we are still alive.  Still, our numbers are dwindling.  Only a week ago we lost our Militia Captain to a zombie Thrip.  Pan has by now fully recovered, however she is still unfit to lead.  I have sent her as well as a team of 3 people to the gate to attempt to secure the perimeter.  If we are to survive, we must destroy the existing zombies and prevent any new foes from replacing them.  I have ordered our miner to dig a shaft leading down to the magma sea so that we may dispose of corpses more efficiently.  Some migrants have arrived earlier today.  I'm very unsure of how I feel about this.  The dwarf power is very welcome, however our food and drink stockpiles are extremely low and I have no idea how we will feed all of these new dwarves.  The only way we will be able to keep going is if we reclaim the surface, drive off the zombie hoard, and build a secure fortress within the mountain.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not much of an update but nothing has happened thus far.  Might add some screenies later, but for now I just need to wait for things to get more exciting.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tip for fighting the giant thrips and other flying guys, set Pan to carry 100 bolts, that way she'll shoot them down and Cellmonk and your guy will hack them as they fall to the ground and keep them off her back. Afterwards set Pan back to 10 bolts so she can fight in hand-to-hand combat properly (Y)

Also I generally only use squad A for routine combat, squad B are mostly just so everyone gets used to a bit of tragedy and can defend themselves if the worst happens, they'll come out if the others are on the other side of the map to danger or hospitalized or about to become overwhelmed.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be honest I haven't ordered them to do ANY combat.  It has all just been in self defense.  Half the time I didn't even see the zombies till they had already smashed them to bits.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also...

Why is there a flaming headless zombie version of you in our moat?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Also...

*Clap-clap-clap*  :D  :D  :D
You, guys, are awesome.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also...

*Clap-clap-clap*  :D  :D  :D
You, guys, are awesome.

Well it works like this you see: Pan the champion pushes a goblin missing a few limbs into the moat at which point she tears apart the goblins innards whilst she's on fire and missing a head, the goblin dies shortly afterwards. Now how much would that scare the shit out of you? Point proven
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

At least we don't have to worry about disposing of enemies in the moat now.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MadeOfStarDust

• Bay Watcher
  • Alone on the surface of an alien world
    • View Profile

Also...

May I sig this awesome collection of words please?
Also...

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also...

May I sig this awesome collection of words please?

Sure! :D

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OoC:  really?  really ashton?  our fps is now at a solid 8.  More detailed update later today... XD  Really funny though
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 49