Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 109551 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile

OP updated =)
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

peregarette has been pm'ed
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Happy birthday StNPO!  :D
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Anniversary Edition - Come share the gift of madness!
« Reply #213 on: July 15, 2012, 12:52:40 am »

Oh. So, all GreatWyrm's progress was left out? And I have to reclaim again? Shit.  >:(
Ok, I'll try.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 15, 2012, 05:13:08 am »

1st Granite of Year 8. Ruines of PoolStockades.

Today we arrived at the dead ruines of fortress Poolstockades that was so much talked of. By 'we' i mean a group of three miners guided by me, Gar Oildwellings and fours guards, led by Onefi Markcrystal (such an elfy name, if you'd ask me!). Our expedition was sent here to explore and - if posible - regain control over this place, so we'd better stop shitting around and start digging the shelter and move our supplies into it!

7th Granite
We dug the shelter and locked it with wooden hatch - not the great protection but anyway, at least it help to block whole horde of undead. We lost one of guards to one of those skeletons. That's really bad. Especially when I say that lost guard was Onefi. Her death made her subordinates lose courage, so I, as the only leader here gave them some civilian tasks. Make doors, hatches, mechanisms, and so on. I'm not going to reclaim this place by rude force only, I have something in mind...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 08:11:33 am by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 15, 2012, 09:12:40 pm »

Why am I not surprised that my dwarf only lasted a second?  Also, your "challenge" peregarrett is "Challange 2" set by austin.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 16, 2012, 02:19:10 am »

Why am I not surprised that my dwarf only lasted a second?  Also, your "challenge" peregarrett is "Challange 2" set by austin.
There should be only one leader! Mwahahaha!

Some moment between hard work
We're retaking quartesr room by room, setting stone doors and hatches to every exit from it. Most problem is the horde of zombies running ewerywhere. They don't give me enough time to link main entrance bridge to mechanism, and I have to grab my ass and run to safeness of shelter. But without that bridge it's impossible to lock the courtyard. It's such a vicious circle - to reclaim the yard I have to get rid of zombies, and to get rid of zombies I have to reclaim the yard.

I found  some kind of blueprint at the tower It says that "This should be build as soon as possible, by all means. Head Acrhitest of Their Mountain Majesties" with stamp of Royal Seal.
Oh. So, those &&&'s are ground, and $$$'s are floors over watchtowers? Well... what for?
And with direct access to magma sea? Are you kidding me??? I kind of know why this fort collapsed to zombie horde - I'd better turn to brainless dead too instead of making this idiotic constructions!
Shit. Anyway, I have no time to make it now, no spare hands and no resources either. First goal is - Undeads!

Also, speaking of undeads, we're swarmed by ghosts of former citizens of this town. Now there are three of them floating at our "meeting hall", and I ordered to make slabs and engrave them. The problem is that our "mason" and "engraver" never touched a chisel or any tool before, so you can imagine the great quality of their production. I hope ghosts won't mind being memorized by rought skew stone plate with crooked runes and pictures on it.

OOC: There are constant "ambushes" somewhere in the dark, and there are "Friendly elf" at the caverns. I mean, there WAS elf. Zombies aren't racists, they treat any race equally.
And there WAS berserk dwarf Pan The Champion at the old farms, who also was treated by zombies well. Anyway, I see no other way to fight them off than letting them march through atom smashers. Though it's not that cool than to fight them of in a melee charge and can be considered to be an exploit.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:34:30 am by peregarrett »

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 16, 2012, 01:08:40 pm »

I for one sure don't consider an exploit. At this point ANYTHING (barring hacking) that'll get rid of the zombies I'm down with.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 16, 2012, 04:30:34 pm »

Also, your "challenge" peregarrett is "Challange 2" set by austin.

Austin? Were you referring to me? Also loving the updates so far ^_^

Oh. So, those &&&'s are ground, and $$$'s are floors over watchtowers? Well... what for?

They denote where the challenge construction has to connect to the other parts I built
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:33:51 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 17, 2012, 12:18:02 am »

Also, your "challenge" peregarrett is "Challange 2" set by austin.

Austin? Were you referring to me? Also loving the updates so far ^_^

hurrrr durp.  Sorry I had been talking to a guy named austin on another board 2 seconds before that post.  I apologize for that mix up T_T epic fail  :-[

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2012, 12:51:06 am »

They denote where the challenge construction has to connect to the other parts I built

Aha, so I'm making just central floor and barrack attached to existing construction? OK then
And what about magma sea?

7th Granite
Today we finished the smasher and I'm ready to invite undead guests into it. And while they are marching into, we can retake farm zone.
River partly thawed, and incoming water pours down in the hole made at it's bottom.

WHO MADE THAT FUCKING HOLE?! I'm having 17 FPS at best!
You'll make me to start megaproject of drying whole map out!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:41:12 am by peregarrett »

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 17, 2012, 08:41:37 am »

Ashton's "trap"

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 17, 2012, 09:47:46 am »

Ashton's "trap"

Well hey, had you been down in the cavern it'd have made a decent trap, I did say to build a dam if you wanted decent FPS :P
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 17, 2012, 10:01:31 am »

Ashton's "trap"

Well hey, had you been down in the cavern it'd have made a decent trap, I did say to build a dam if you wanted decent FPS :P

Caverns are flooded, and I wasn't there yet. I have enough zombies here at the surface. And I couldn't dam it because of zombies everywhere. Ok, I'll copy the save to better PC and see how it's going.

Edit: Why do you need access to magma sea from barracks, after all?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 17, 2012, 10:38:58 am »

Why do you need access to magma sea from barracks, after all?
There's no reason for it but I'm sure you'll find a purpose for it, either way it's staying as part of the challenge.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49