Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 107326 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - When not even magma can fix it...
« Reply #390 on: August 14, 2012, 08:31:53 pm »

Let me rephrase that: What did he do?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 14, 2012, 09:02:05 pm »

btw really sorry about taking forever with my turn.  Haven't gotten to play super much with move-in and all that.  Trying my best to have it done by the weekend.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 14, 2012, 10:13:43 pm »

Sign me up for a turn please

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 15, 2012, 08:51:49 am »

I'd like to repeat my request for a new turn.

EDIT: How did I already post?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 15, 2012, 09:10:57 am »

I'd like to repeat my request for a new turn.

EDIT: How did I already post?

you're already on the list lol...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 15, 2012, 09:31:54 am »

But it wasn't numbered?
Sig

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 15, 2012, 09:38:46 am »

But it wasn't numbered?

Well yeah because others who haven't had a turn are also signing up and I don't want to keep changing the number...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 15, 2012, 10:27:39 am »

That wasn't a serious excuse.
Sig

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 15, 2012, 12:06:07 pm »

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 16, 2012, 02:49:08 pm »

A Letter to the Overseer

the following letter was found amongst the corpses. it is slightly tattered and heavily stained with blood.

To the Overseer of Poolstockades,

i have been informed that the reward for completing my "challenge" is a secure bunker, and that i may have some input as to the design, and i do have several requests:

Firstly, i am requesting that the only entrance to this bunker be though an airlock, two bridges (bonus points for glass) shall seal the openings, and shall be operated by levers located within the bunker.

Secondly, i am requesting that i be left a pick, as well as a axe, and at least a season's supply of food + drink.(and at least 5 of each underground seed)

Thirdly, i request that there be a well placed within the bunker... just in case...

Lastly, i humbly request that an unmarried female dwarf be placed within the bunker with me... if i'm to be sealed away for all eternity, i'd rather not be alone.

i thank you in advance for building this paradise in hell for me.

Best of luck,

Reginald Torchallied, High Master Gem Cutter

Spoiler: OOC: (click to show/hide)
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 16, 2012, 05:50:27 pm »

turn FINALLY completed.  SO SO SO SO SO SO SO sorry that I took like 9 years to finish a single turn.  Anyway.  Working on the update now.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 16, 2012, 05:51:49 pm »

oh nvm.  that's regarding the shelter.  uhhhh yeah I'll post something on the OP regarding that.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 17, 2012, 07:40:54 am »

OP updated to include the bunker.  Beginning to type the update now although I highly doubt I'll finish before my next class starts...

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 17, 2012, 07:44:54 am »

The tablets are weathered and difficult to read.  Most of the actual writing can be deciphered, however the author and date of the inscriptions will likely forever remain a mystery.  The tablets appear shattered, almost as they were a part of a larger piece at some point.  However, it is difficult to assert which pieces fit together and thus unable to determine in which order these events have taken place.  The following is most likely order...

My first order of business as the new overseer of this fortress was to dam the river.  The constant flooding posed a great threat to our fortress as we are at constant risk of flooding our storage room.  I have further counteracted the threat by sealing in the passage between the flooded rooms and the storage area. Upon request of our previous overseer, I also commissioned the construction of bedrooms for all of our citizens.

I have also mandated the construction of a courtyard well for ease of access to our hospitalized dwarves.  The miners don't seem to be terribly keen on working on this project...

I have ordered our dwarves to begin patching up the rather large hole in the wall.  The large amounts of stuff littering the area is posing a problem though so I'm unsure if we will complete this project in time.

Traders have recently appeared.  We lowered bridge to make way for their wagons in hopes their guards will offer us much needed protection  Two squads of goblins ambushed them but the traders managed to dispatch of them with few casualties.

I have commissioned a graveyard to be constructed in order to clear up space in our courtyard.  Also I suppose we can't have fellow dwarves decomposing in plain sight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One of our miners got injured in a mining operation today.  He's been transported to the hospital, but it's not looking good for him.  His injuries seem severe.

Our miner has succumbed to his injuries.  May his sacrifice not be forgotten.

The events of the past few weeks have been most disturbing.  Our dead miner has returned from the grave and slain several others.  The situation very quickly spiraled.  The survivors and I have fled into the courtyard and locked the doors leading to the west wing.  There are 27 of us.  Our first order of business will be to retake the hospital so we can lower the bridge to the farms and hopefully overwhelm the zombie hoard lurking within.

Our reclaim of the hospital and subsequently the farms has been put on hold.  7 flying zombies have attacked us from above.  We managed to defeat them however only 16 of us have survived.

Today is a great day.  Not only have we retaken the farms, but we have done so without any casualties.  We may just survive.  Migrants have come to reinforce our ranks.  We lowered the bridge to let them in, but a skeletal chinchilla has snuck in alongside them.  He initially caused a panic but was quickly dispatched by our men.

We overlooked a door.  Zombies have flooded the courtyard and dwarves are dying left and right.  Only armok can save us now.

By some miracle we are still alive.  Only 12 of us remain, and the zombies have been pushed back.  However in order to ensure our safety we had to wall off the grand staircase and hospital.  I fear the bedrooms will not be completed.

In order to maintain everyone's sanity I have restarted the construction on the courtyard overhead barracks.  I hope this project will distract our dwarves from their imminent doom and the overall hopelessness of our present situation.

This chinchilla may just be the death of us.  The dwarves seem to believe it is cursed and no one is willing to go anywhere near it.  It rises from the dead every few days and constantly torments us.  Several times it has caught some unfortunate dwarves off-guard.  Only 7 of us remain.

Productivity appears to have ceased.  Yet another one of our brothers has succumbed to the chinchilla.  Due to this latest loss we can no longer spare manpower for any sort of projects.  We need everyone working at all times in order to sustain ourselves.

The rest of the update is going to be OoC just to explain the various incomplete constructions.

This raising bridge is supposed to connect the floating barracks to the farms.  However due to our chinchilla situation this couldn't be finished.  Ideally the bridge will be hooked up to 2 levers (1 accessed from the barracks 1 accessed from the fortress itself).  The bridge raises north so it can be used to seal off the farms similarly to the 5 tile wall we had before.

I also recommend creating replacement levers to the levers sealed inside the hospital.  All in all the fortress is in relatively stable condition.  We have lots of supplies and our dwarves are fairly healthy.  Most of them have at least 1 hand left.  They refuse to move the chinchilla corpse for some reason so I suggest leaving a few dwarves to guard it at all times.  (So they can quickly kill it when it gets back up).

I also couldn't patch the hole in the wall so...you still need to do that...

The barracks are almost done, and the wall is pretty finished.  The towers still don't have a roof but the hatches lock just fine so that's not a big deal.

The bedrooms haven't been fully dug however all of the furniture has been made.  So really it's like 60% done but due to the zombies I couldn't risk finishing it.

That's all I really got, GL to the next overseer.  Save will be up soon alongside the next challenge.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:57:35 am by Ifeno »

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Actually pretty alive!
« Reply #404 on: August 17, 2012, 10:15:43 am »

That's all I have to say.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 49