Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 108538 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Actually pretty alive!
« Reply #405 on: August 17, 2012, 10:23:06 am »

That's all I have to say.

Can you make a bigger one?  I want this as my desktop background.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 17, 2012, 10:35:36 am »

still trying to think of a challenge for the next overseer :S
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 17, 2012, 10:39:49 am »

The bedrooms haven't been fully dug however all of the furniture has been made.  So really it's like 60% done but due to the zombies I couldn't risk finishing it.

looks like it would've been a grand bedroom complex, and i don't doubt that it would be complete had the zombies played nice. However it is not, i'll have to say CHALLENGE INCOMPLETE.

Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 17, 2012, 10:41:29 am »

The bedrooms haven't been fully dug however all of the furniture has been made.  So really it's like 60% done but due to the zombies I couldn't risk finishing it.

looks like it would've been a grand bedroom complex, and i don't doubt that it would be complete had the zombies played nice. However it is not, i'll have to say CHALLENGE INCOMPLETE.

Challenge incomplete or challenge failed?  Just to double check.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 17, 2012, 10:45:55 am »

CHALLENGE INCOMPLETE
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 17, 2012, 10:48:16 am »

CHALLENGE INCOMPLETE

ok op updated accordingly.  Just wanted to double check.  I feel like I made a lot of things on the OP overly confusing.  Trying to fix that as I go along.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 17, 2012, 10:48:36 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 17, 2012, 10:50:08 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

omg yes!!!  Thank you!!!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 17, 2012, 10:56:01 am »

'tis not a problem ^_^
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 17, 2012, 11:23:51 am »

A tribute to the first try at settling here?
A zombie moat?
Don't let any dwarves currently in the fortress die?
Kill all migrants?
Build a migrant-killing thing?
Make a zombie shotgun?
Make a 1x4x9 slab of stone?

The possibilities are endless.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 17, 2012, 11:34:04 am »

A tribute to the first try at settling here?
A zombie moat?
Don't let any dwarves currently in the fortress die?
Kill all migrants?
Build a migrant-killing thing?
Make a zombie shotgun?
Make a 1x4x9 slab of stone?

The possibilities are endless.

or, you know... ridding the fort of it's zombie inhabitants

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 17, 2012, 01:07:35 pm »

Impossible. The biome will keep raising new corpses as zombies.
Reducing the zombie population to 10-25% of its current level might be an acceptable challenge. As might be gathering all of my zombies in one place (or all named zombies).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 17, 2012, 01:15:28 pm »

Challenge: Construct a temple to the glory of Armok in the heart of the fortress.  The citadel is to protected by a sleu of traps (pre-made or dwarven ingenuity).  (Think temple of doom).  Statues of precious metal and windows of gems and stain glass shall adorn the walls.  The floor is to be smoothed and the walls engraved by our finest stone workers.  Bins of our finest crafts are to be stored in the citadel.  It is to be 20x30 in size.  Leave pillars (smoothed but not engraved). A Gem encrusted statue of our finest metal is to be placed behind the altar at the back of the citadel. The citadel MUST be symmetrical.

Bonus:  Include magma fountains.
Super bonus:  channels of magma that flow beneath the citadel.  Glass floor tiles are to be built above the magma channels so that dwarves can safely walk over them but still see them.
Ultra bonus:  Use blood not magma.

YOU MAY NOT HACK THE LIQUID IN.

Let your imagination go wild.
Reward: Your choice:
1. Upon death, your zombified corpse shall forever guard the citadel from all who oppose armok.
2. You will be built a personal tomb beneath the citadel.  Also guarded by an array of traps to keep graverobbers away.
Punishment: As only elven slime would fail such a glorious challenge you will be exiled and forced to live in the forest.  You will have to produce your own food and shelter however you will not be given permission to hunt, mine, or cut trees.  As you are an elf you will not be given weaponry or armor you pacifist coward.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:26:58 pm by Ifeno »

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 17, 2012, 01:17:35 pm »

challenge posted.  Good luck.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 17, 2012, 01:51:55 pm »

How will he make shelter if he can't cut trees or mine? Theft?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 49