Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 107342 times)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Actually pretty alive!
« Reply #435 on: August 17, 2012, 04:50:07 pm »

I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
Behold the Blood Pump the newest innovation in vampire powered architecture!
Code: [Select]
     OOO
OOOO O Xx
   O O O
OO-OOO-O
 O     O
 O|||||O

O = wall
- = floor grate
| = upright spike trap
Xx = Screw Pump (X = output)
The plans can be yours for the low low price of everything in your caravan!

Also sigged.

This sounds good,  but you would always have to go back and assign a job to flip the switch to create an open wound. It would be better if you hooked up a repeater to the traps to continually injure the Vampire without micromanagement, with an optional emergency shutoff switch for if the Vampire gets too injured.
If I did that in one of my forts I would forget to turn it off and the vampire would die.
Then I would have to find another one or maybe use a forgotten beast or a demon.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:56:21 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 17, 2012, 05:06:08 pm »

Heh, soon everyone will have a sig or avatar created by me!

Also I think we might have a small zombie problem, at least Mubunfash is there to help us out

Spoiler: Complete List of Foes (click to show/hide)
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 17, 2012, 05:08:01 pm »

You should make a version of mine which actually has quality.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 17, 2012, 05:13:32 pm »

Maybe you should give people two year turns until population grows/stabilizes?

something to take into consideration.  We'll see how the fortress looks after he does his first year.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 17, 2012, 05:17:08 pm »

Also I think we might have a small zombie problem, at least Mubunfash is there to help us out

you're just SO quotable.  Like this one. Somewhat tempted to put that in the quotes section.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 17, 2012, 05:29:18 pm »

You should make a version of mine which actually has quality.

Ask and you shall receive, the only hitch is your miner is now a sex slave.

you're just SO quotable.  Like this one. Somewhat tempted to put that in the quotes section.

Well a compliment never hurts ^_^
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 05:41:24 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 17, 2012, 05:43:05 pm »

The problem with my avatar in it's current state is that it's so bad that you couldn't even see what it actually is in order to accurately improve it. It's actually a miner who lost his ass, beard, and arms in a horrible magma-related incident and had his arms replaced with a wheelbarrow and his ass replaced with a minecart in a effort to make him the ultimate hauler.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 17, 2012, 07:22:50 pm »

Can you guys put the map of the fortress in it's current form up on DF Map Archives? I'm interested in seeing the map in it's entirety.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 17, 2012, 07:25:33 pm »

Can you guys put the map of the fortress in it's current form up on DF Map Archives? I'm interested in seeing the map in it's entirety.

Sure...someone can.  I have to be honest I'm not familiar with using DF Map Archives.  Also parts of the map are currently hidden.  Is there a way to open those up without actually visiting them or hacking?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 17, 2012, 09:54:04 pm »

Posting to watch. Also, could I get dorfed if ya'll have a spare survivor available dwarf?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 17, 2012, 10:59:09 pm »

Btw I didn't build a trap for 2 reasons.

1.  I couldn't due to a lack of man power
2.  Even the most minor trap would likely be game ending at this point and I really don't want to make anyone go through reclaiming this mess...

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 17, 2012, 11:04:12 pm »

The problem with my avatar in it's current state is that it's so bad that you couldn't even see what it actually is in order to accurately improve it. It's actually a miner who lost his ass, beard, and arms in a horrible magma-related incident and had his arms replaced with a wheelbarrow and his ass replaced with a minecart in a effort to make him the ultimate hauler.
what about my "I badly draw your reports" thread in dwarf mode discussion :'(

[/shamelessplug]

This fortress is awesome, though. I downloaded the Year 4 save. Someone was immediately stricken by melancholy and it took me quite a while to check out which rooms are safe.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My wooden badge was delicious.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 17, 2012, 11:18:36 pm »

Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 18, 2012, 01:20:40 am »

Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

sigged.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 18, 2012, 07:31:33 pm »

Would cutting off the booze(say, by atomsmasher) and simultaneously lacing the water supply with vamp blood count as a fort destroying trap?

Spoiler: On the other hand… (click to show/hide)

I am testing a theory that vamps will not slow down if given a regular blood supply. So, if we send out our vamp masons to build a foodmigrant saving device, our populace could feast regularly.

Edit: Also, could someone please tell me the average fps? I have no stomach for slow games. I might have to skip my turn if it is to slow.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 07:49:21 pm by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49