Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 107400 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Can we reach 2k zombies?! I THINK SO!
« Reply #675 on: October 11, 2012, 05:45:54 pm »

If it is, that's how it is with all mobile devices.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 11, 2012, 06:03:45 pm »

All Im getting for half of the pics are 403s.  Might just be my phone.
It is like that on my home computer.
This is why you don't use ImageShack to post images on forums, the links go dead pretty quickly.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 13, 2012, 03:10:48 pm »

So what's happening now, has antlion finished his turn or is there going to be a reclaim?
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 13, 2012, 03:31:20 pm »

Since the save is posted I guess that antilion's turn is finished.
What's the challenge?
Also, what reclaim count will this be? 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 13, 2012, 06:14:10 pm »

anltion has finished his turn, yes.  I'm going to update the thread tomorrow.  Sorry I've been pretty swamped with stuff
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 14, 2012, 11:00:56 am »

tahu's been pmed and the thread's updated.  We're good to go! :D
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - It's a reclaiming marathon!
« Reply #681 on: October 14, 2012, 05:54:27 pm »

Also as Ifeno pointed out i did not set a challenge. so my challenge is to simply keep one dwarf alive for 1 full year if you fail. If you fail the next Dorf you have will have to kill a total of 10 undead whatever's with their bare hands

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 17, 2012, 08:21:03 am »

Also as Ifeno pointed out i did not set a challenge. so my challenge is to simply keep one dwarf alive for 1 full year if you fail. If you fail the next Dorf you have will have to kill a total of 10 undead whatever's with their bare hands
I will start tomorrow. All of my dwarves will have 1-2 points in striking, in case of emergency zombie breakin. I think, however, that everyone is missing the point, which is to get underground as soon as possible. To that end, all of my dwarves will be miners. We should find plenty of other materials in the fort, making it unimportant to pack much besides food, and not even much of that.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 17, 2012, 06:31:41 pm »

Sounds like a good plan. 
I'm going to hold off on asking for a dorf until there's a good chance of living for a few minutes. 
How many enemies are listed currently? 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 21, 2012, 09:50:13 am »

Halfway mark for Tahu.  He has 3 more days.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 21, 2012, 11:39:09 am »

I will start tomorrow. All of my dwarves will have 1-2 points in striking, in case of emergency zombie breakin. I think, however, that everyone is missing the point, which is to get underground as soon as possible. To that end, all of my dwarves will be miners. We should find plenty of other materials in the fort, making it unimportant to pack much besides food, and not even much of that.
I'd suggest fighting, more general.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 21, 2012, 01:20:59 pm »

Miners make good fighters anyway, using a pick as a weapon uses the mining skill. Picks are about halfway between an axe and a spear in terms of damage inflicted. Mining also trains strength, toughness and such so they make a great impromptu militia.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 21, 2012, 02:55:18 pm »

Miners make good fighters anyway, using a pick as a weapon uses the mining skill. Picks are about halfway between an axe and a spear in terms of damage inflicted. Mining also trains strength, toughness and such so they make a great impromptu militia.

^this!!!!

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 24, 2012, 08:06:18 pm »

i wonder how many more reclaim attempts we can get in before the fort falls to fps death.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 24, 2012, 08:15:47 pm »

i wonder how many more reclaim attempts we can get in before the fort falls to fps death.

I'm sure hacking can resolve the problem, either way it's Aussie's turn now.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49