Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 107382 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Why won't anyone take their turn?!
« Reply #705 on: November 04, 2012, 04:03:46 am »

From what I understand, there's also about seven carts, at least three of which are piled on top of one another.
Around a dozen actually.

The access to the caverns was wide open on my turn (except for a few forbidden doors sealing the main stairway) and sealing them was a challenge. Since it failed I can presume that they are still open.

Edit: I suppose that the great ruler of the HFS can survive there for a few months :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:08:22 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 04, 2012, 09:43:26 pm »

I'd just like to remind you that you have as many attempts to re-claim as you'd like.  In other words you can keep attempting to complete your year until you succeed or get fed up with it and want to pass it on! =)
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 05, 2012, 01:57:48 am »

I'd just like to remind you that you have as many attempts to re-claim as you'd like.  In other words you can keep attempting to complete your year until you succeed or get fed up with it and want to pass it on! =)

So noted.  I've been busy today, but I'm free now and going to start my reclaim attempt.  This should be interesting to explore...

edit:  Reclaiming might be a lost cause for this fort - I'm getting a grand total of TWO frames per second.  Keep in mind my PC is a top-end machine that generally murders Dwarf Fortress.  There's also a buttload of ambushes appearing in the cavern.  So many reptilemen...

edit2:  I'm up to fifteen ambush announcements from the cavern, and they're. Still. Coming.  I think the FPS death is coming from the flooding water, and there's not a damn thing I can do about that.  Sorry guys, I think your fort's a goner.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:38:11 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 05, 2012, 04:46:29 am »

So noted.  I've been busy today, but I'm free now and going to start my reclaim attempt.  This should be interesting to explore...

edit:  Reclaiming might be a lost cause for this fort - I'm getting a grand total of TWO frames per second.  Keep in mind my PC is a top-end machine that generally murders Dwarf Fortress.  There's also a buttload of ambushes appearing in the cavern.  So many reptilemen...

edit2:  I'm up to fifteen ambush announcements from the cavern, and they're. Still. Coming.  I think the FPS death is coming from the flooding water, and there's not a damn thing I can do about that.  Sorry guys, I think your fort's a goner.
Perhaps we should consider DFhacking away the junk on the ground and use liquids to seal the leak?
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 05, 2012, 12:09:15 pm »

Perhaps we should consider DFhacking away the junk on the ground and use liquids to seal the leak?

Aye, I'm pretty sure you can use DFhack to delete all the creatures except the dwarfs and all the items set as forbidden. That'd fix it for sure. The liquids can be fixed pretty easily too as the river freezes once a year and can have a dam placed in it.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!
« Reply #710 on: November 05, 2012, 02:09:08 pm »

I do believe Ifeno authorized using commands to remove the mobs and ambushes from the map for reclaim.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 05, 2012, 05:18:35 pm »

I do believe Ifeno authorized using commands to remove the mobs and ambushes from the map for reclaim.

Sort of.  I think it's fair if we delete the spawned cavern creatures as well as most of the excess goods.  Also, feel free to spawn magma to plug up the aquifier.  That should go along way in terms of the FPS.

If that's not enough go ahead and delete some of the ambushes etc. as well.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 09, 2012, 03:58:44 am »

Sort of.  I think it's fair if we delete the spawned cavern creatures as well as most of the excess goods.  Also, feel free to spawn magma to plug up the aquifier.  That should go along way in terms of the FPS.

If that's not enough go ahead and delete some of the ambushes etc. as well.

Disabling invaders doesn't stop those already set to pop up in the system.  I'm going to give it another go tomorrow (been busy the last few days), so we'll see what happens.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 12, 2012, 09:36:45 pm »

So if the map is no longer salvageable, will you make a new map. It would be the second time you've done so, technically.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 13, 2012, 01:25:03 pm »

If this succession dies yes, we will make a new map and the current player list will be used as the basis for the next player list.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 13, 2012, 09:25:35 pm »

Oh good. This series so far has been a highlight of my week.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 15, 2012, 11:25:42 am »

Just a quick heads-up, I have to disappear for a while, maybe a few days or maybe a few years so if my turn comes up don't worry about waiting.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 29, 2012, 10:41:23 pm »

so the reason I haven't posted at all recently is because my computer broke.  I'm writing this post via a borrowed computer.  is it safe to say that this fortress is dead?  If yes I'll try to set up a new succession asap

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 29, 2012, 10:44:30 pm »

I'd say it's a lost cause. New fortress time! I vote same world if possible.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 29, 2012, 11:46:39 pm »

so the reason I haven't posted at all recently is because my computer broke.  I'm writing this post via a borrowed computer.  is it safe to say that this fortress is dead?  If yes I'll try to set up a new succession asap

I'm for it. Just keep the name of the game the same :p

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49