Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Letīs play Imperialism! Hail Uristia - We have colonies.

(1/35) > >>

Seamas:
For those that arenīt familiar, Imperialism is the noble forebear to Paradoxīs Vicky series, at least in spirit.  Although not at all as scroll-and-slider intensive as Vicky, the depth of this game is marvelous for a 35MB title from 1997, and frankly, the delightfully well-adjusted level of complexity generally keeps you playing way too long in one sitting.  Thereīs a vigorously dedicated little sect of admirers for this game.

What I really adore is the randomly-generated worlds created by the game engine.  All names of countries and cities are random gibberish that usually are phonetically pronunciable, and feature quasi-cultural accents that identify them as representing nations that are Hispanic, European, Oriental, Middle Eastern, etc in spirit.

Iīm not very good at this game, but itīs very absorbing.  Iīve only played a couple of times before and always driven my countries into the ground, but I have learned a great deal from those failed states. 

Bear with me, or overthrow me in an RP coup and seize power for yourselves!  Supposing the tiny save file can successfully be passed between us, itīs possible we could have a change of government (or political parties, what have you) every ten years or so, and watch each other screw everything up.  If you like this idea, please say as much.

I donīt know how this will work out as an LP, but letīs give it a shot.

Letīs play Imperialism

Letīs forge a glorious industrializing nation in a magnificently randomly-generated world!  Whoīs with me?
Feel free to join in with an RP spirit, a scrutinizing eye, a heckling attitude, or whatever it is you enjoy about contributing to an LP.
Iīm happy to write anyone into our cultural lore as whatever they wish to be - be a merchantman captain, prime arch-chancellor of the exchequery, marshal of our armed forces, a peopleīs engineer, whatever.  This game is a blank canvas for creativity - letīs make this rich and complicated.  Letīs bicker while the enemy pounds at our gates.
* First things first, we need a name for our incipient nation.  I was thinking something all of us here at B12 could rally around - how about Uristia?  Iīm wide open to suggestions.
* I could select a country with a balanced slew of biological resources, or we could gamble on a mountainous region that may pay off later with rich veins of ore (not really a good idea, but it could make things interesting)!  Weigh in with your opinion, future countrymen.  Iīm going to have a Scotch while I wait, here at my fine pixelated mahogany desk.

Heron TSG:
Ah, Uristia! Land of a million mountains and not a drop of water! We must colonize to bring water back to the homeland!

Jarod Cain:
Glory to the Mountainhomes! Glory to Uristia whose booze flows like rivers of gold.
-J-

DeathsDisciple:
All hail Urista! May our mountains flow with everlasting ore!

NRDL:
Uristia: Land of the brave and drunk

Let's get into lots of pointless wars! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version