Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Dwarven Auto-Shotgun  (Read 31011 times)

Fallenworldful

• Bay Watcher
  • The Expert !!Newb!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Auto-Shotgun
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2012, 10:45:58 am »

Now just fill your minecarts with magma AND large iron serrated discs for twice the coolness factor !

Now just fill your minecarts with magma, large iron serrated discs, AAAAAND adamanite serrated discs for THREE TIMES the coolness factor!
Now just fill your minecarts, magma, large iron serrated discs, adamanite serrated discs, and make them all Masterwork for THREE AND A HALF TIMES the coolness factor!
The Vile Force of Darkness strikes Fallenworldful's Fortress, jamming the skull through the brain!

Fallenworldful's Fortress has been knocked unconscious!

Fallenworldful's Fortress has been struck down.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2012, 07:19:44 pm »

im unclear on one thing here, why do you need to get the cart to z4 before crashing it into a wall on z1? couldnt the cart just be pulled to z1 and accelerated to the wall on rollers?

also, is there a max cart speed? how many rollers on highest setting are sensible to use for max effect?

The max speed that can be achieved with rollers is 0,5 tiles/turn. I takes just one tile of highest setting roller to achieve such speed, after this the rollers won't accelerate the minecart any further.

But such speed in not enough to launch a contents of the minecart.
It has been determined in the "How Does Minecart" thread that the minecart must go down at least 3 z-levels of downramps with tracks to launch stuff.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2012, 10:34:45 pm »

Shotgun barrel sideview:

^ ramp from above
- track
| wall
{ fortification
o empty space

{
|o------^
|o
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2012, 11:16:26 pm »

im unclear on one thing here, why do you need to get the cart to z4 before crashing it into a wall on z1? couldnt the cart just be pulled to z1 and accelerated to the wall on rollers?

also, is there a max cart speed? how many rollers on highest setting are sensible to use for max effect?

The max speed that can be achieved with rollers is 0,5 tiles/turn. I takes just one tile of highest setting roller to achieve such speed, after this the rollers won't accelerate the minecart any further.

But such speed in not enough to launch a contents of the minecart.
It has been determined in the "How Does Minecart" thread that the minecart must go down at least 3 z-levels of downramps with tracks to launch stuff.

3 z-levels of ramps or roughly 5+ ramps if you're using the derail-on-ramp exploit to build a single z-level linear railgun.  (Roughly at 7 in a row you achieve 1.0 tiles/tick impulse).  I use 8 since it appears to be able to toss the contents of a cart through a fortification and get most of the load to fly 15+ tiles down range - unless something like a goblin gets in the way...
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

TinyPirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2012, 08:54:24 am »

I've made a sort-of auto shotgun - in case you didn't see the previous thread. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu-j8TsYEsQ

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2012, 10:17:34 am »

That's insane, TinyPirate.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2012, 12:49:27 pm »

Load it with tons and tons of silver hammers. Break ALL the bones.

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2012, 03:07:39 pm »

Load it with tons and tons of silver hammers. Break ALL the bones.

No, by Armok's beard!  Seriously, don't use hammers...  in my last fort, I had an insane amount of silver, so I thought of silver war hammers for ammo.  I think it was going to take over 1200 hammers to load one minecart to 100%.  Which is great for training your weaponsmiths, but then you have to reload that the carts.  :P  (In my current fort, if we survive the tantrum spiral, I'm going to use QuantumMenace's watergun.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

TinyPirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2012, 03:53:49 pm »

Thanks. Gold bars are nice - but next I want to try whales. Got to find them and catch them first!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2012, 05:47:53 pm »

Thanks. Gold bars are nice - but next I want to try whales. Got to find them and catch them first!
Nice.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

TinyPirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2012, 07:31:24 am »

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2012, 01:07:11 pm »

Video part two! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUF5R7hQppk

holy. crap.

Might make a frogger style defense, looks a bit easier than filling minecarts.

Really nice vid, shoulda left when the fun time starts here: 2:10  continue for 2 minutes, well worth the watch.

I liked how the frogger stuff still took out 90% of the goblins, impressive!
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2012, 07:25:12 pm »

So, my brother just came up with the best idea ever for minecart shotgun ammo. It's essentially free, you can get infinite amounts, and it would be humiliating to be killed by them.

Eggs.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2012, 09:04:20 pm »

Posting to approve.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2012, 09:11:35 pm »

Eggs coated in syndromes that cause death by vomiting.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]