Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's Play Dwarf Fortress by DavionFuxa  (Read 4681 times)

DavionFuxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Dwarf Fortress by DavionFuxa
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 07:11:13 pm »

I figured it was time to do some housekeeping in this thread. I've updated my introductory paragraph, as well as all the other replies I have made in this thread. I plan on making quite a few more video's for Dwarf Fortress so I figured this would be warranted for helping to keep the thread organized and to make for easier scanning by people reading the thread.

Not really much to report yet about my 5th Playlist but I will note that since people may not want to see me managing my Dwarves through Dwarf Therapist for 2 hours or all the initial goings that I did to set up my fort; that I will create a link probably around the start of the Third year that you can jump to and continue on from.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:18:37 pm by DavionFuxa »
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

DavionFuxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 05:45:51 am »

With the release of Episode 15, the phase of digging out my initial Fortress turns into one of finishing up the design. Already though it is looking to be full of fun - jump to Episode 17 when it's available to see what I mean... View Episode 15 here anyhow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXF3Rya01vc&feature=youtu.be

It Remains to be seen if Episode 17 becomes the start of the End...

Edit: The upload for the 17th's episode failed so people may have to wait until I succeed in getting it uploaded.
Edit2: The upload was successful this time around:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpfhzBmP32o&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:05:50 am by DavionFuxa »
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:

DavionFuxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 09:29:10 am »

The Gates work in my Fortress, and I make use of them to keep Goblins from Marching inside and killing my Dwarves. Sadly, Archers and Crossbowman don't have to walk into my Fortress to kill my Dwarves so I lose a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaZwQLVYLls&feature=youtu.be

The following episode features an incoming Migrant Wave and their Valor in Battle. I don't think I'll be suffering a Tantrum Spiral - at this point I've lost so many Dwarves that if that was going to happen it would have happened already. However, I'll probably be ending this fortress soon.

DavionFuxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 06:34:45 pm »

I've decided that I would do my last episode for Playlist 5, thus bringing the series to an end. Part of the reason for me ending it lies within the amount of time I had taken to record all the episodes, along with the fact that I'm getting bored with Dwarf Fortress and plan to wait until Toady releases the updates corresponding to Adventure Mode.

The other part of the reason is that I plan to do a Let's Play for Castle of the Winds - the first Roguelike I ever played, and perhaps one of the influences to be ever starting to play Dwarf Fortress; specifically in regards to Adventure Mode.

You can view the last episode of Playlist 5 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5GI_Erfpi4&feature=youtu.be

I may do Fortress mode again (as I still plan to do an Evil Glacial Embark for you keyreper) after I do an Adventure Mode series, which will come after Toady does the next update.
Pages: 1 [2]