Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: You are a fish  (Read 8402 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a fish
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2012, 10:01:20 am »

They are bigger and stronger than us, which proves one risk, they can eat us while we speak.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2012, 11:01:10 am »

They are bigger and stronger than us, which proves one risk, they can eat us while we speak.
((I think a group of fish about our size would work. If we hadn't decided to randomly kill our nestmates, this would be easier.))

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2012, 11:53:05 am »

But what fun is easy? murder a small fish and help feed your new friend. Assert your friendship/dominance/murder-lust.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2012, 01:19:19 pm »

So, what option does everyone agree on?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2012, 03:12:06 pm »

But what fun is easy? murder a small fish and help feed your new friend. Assert your friendship/dominance/murder-lust.

This is a good idea. Everything down here is lex talionis anyways, so I wouldn't be too concerned about making enemies. Let's scout for some small fry and scratch our buddy's back, then get some rest.

Salmon are, in their adulthood, generally pretty sizable and able to stand their own against many other school fish. Sardine  on the other hand, are the bitches of the sea. So, is our guy just your generic pink salmon, or kokanee..? :P

“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2012, 10:48:47 pm »

Let's totally go forth and kill a fish to feed SalmonBuddy.

Also, see if our Scale Rotation can be applied to anything like speed, braking, or looking scary.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2012, 01:25:42 am »

You try searching for fish, but you can only find one, and it appears to have sharp teeth. It's not going down without a fight. It attacks you and you completely fail to dodge. Your attack manages to give the predator a cut. SalmonBuddy is able to dodge, but just barely. His attack is able to finish it off, though.

Defeated another predator! Gained 30 experience!

SalmonBuddy decides to eat up. He is full, and he thanks you for helping him get food, even though your performance didn't exactly deserve an A+.

Also, see if our Scale Rotation can be applied to anything like speed, braking, or looking scary.
First off, you try speed. You are only a tad bit faster. Next up braking. You point the sharp edges downwards and slide across the sand. It doesn't slow you down by that much. (You rolled the same 2 numbers). Then you point the sharp edges forward and ask SalmonBuddy if you look scarier. He is cowering and doesn't say a word. You'll take that as a yes.

Special Mutation unlocked: Boo!: Able to perform intimidation rolls on larger fish.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ally Stats (click to show/hide)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2012, 12:11:25 pm »

Attempt to assemble a rag-tag gang of underwater allies who wish to prove themselves as warriors, to set out as monster hunters (hunters of sharks, giant squid, etc).

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2012, 02:52:11 pm »

find some oysters or clams, kill them, eat them, steal their shells.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2012, 03:07:11 pm »

...Make a fish stampede.

Somehow.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2012, 03:41:50 pm »

Eat your own butt.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2012, 08:23:47 am »

Attempt to assemble a rag-tag gang of underwater allies who wish to prove themselves as warriors, to set out as monster hunters (hunters of sharks, giant squid, etc).

Hell yes! a purpose! F(ish)F(ortress)
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2012, 01:41:11 pm »

You move on and find 2 fishes, slightly smaller than you. They apparently strive to be great underwater heroes! It also looks like they have sharp teeth! You successfully recruit them. You gain 2 Mackerels!

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ally Stats (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2012, 03:01:56 pm »

We 're four. Try to find some cleaning fish/ shrimps/ whatever that can serve as out team's medic, then use our five fish band to forage for food. (And kill injustice, of course)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2012, 03:35:01 pm »

We 're four. Try to find some cleaning fish/ shrimps/ whatever that can serve as out team's medic, then use our five fish band to forage for food. (And kill injustice, of course)
this, as well as maybe eating or resting to recover that 1 HP you lost.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6