Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: You are a bay12er who wants to run a forum game  (Read 27026 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: You are a bay12er who wants to run a forum game
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 05:01:35 am »

Ask Toady to ban Bubbles. Search on wikipedia for "gastroenterology" and self-diagnose yourself as having "gastroenterology".

Tell Death he can have 10% free HP if he does his own template and propose an alliance.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 05:11:49 am »

Wow, a parody of forum game making.
reading...
I feel bad that I've done or tried to do everything you suggested in the OP (in some cases many times), and that your map is very much like one at the bottom of my image host lists for way back in the day (just trying to draw a fantasic illistrated game hurts my feeling now, because I cant), I've given up ever learning how to do dice rolls (I just randomly make shit up now), just got to add a door lock that traps the game in a single empty room and make a broken puzzle and add some zombies and this is golden.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 07:14:40 am »

> Suggestion: As above, add Zombies.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 08:13:37 am »

Clearly this conquest game won't last very long because you have your opponents in checkmate already.  They're fault for not realizing they needed wolf spirits on the first turn.  Kill them and then announce that it's time for the forum game to be a roleplaying game about a rock band.  Graciously offer to let them play as roadies.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 08:38:42 am »

Create an all-powerful NPC with a singular flaw to guide the plot that the players will surely love.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 08:55:52 am »

edit: oh wait no sorry I already did my suggestion apologies all round

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 08:59:32 am »

Clearly there is a loophole there.

That was an attention check! Now you know your players love your game!

((Beautiful parody there  :P Does this extend to everything in the board or...))

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 09:17:06 am »

NAEM: ASTROK
DAMIAN: SPEZZ
ROK TIP: MOONOK
BAKRONT: HE IS A CUL ROK WHU MAKS TEHY SPEZZZ ROKS CUL 2 ND CN KLL AL TEH UDDERS WIT NUKS CAZ NUKS R 2 DO WIT SPEZZ

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 10:19:12 am »

Now I feel bad. Thanks Bucket. Thanks.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 10:35:13 am »

>Run out of ideas and let the thread slowly die while still in single-digit pages.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 10:41:47 am »

I've done the 'refresh every minute to check for new replies' before. Of course, I've barely tried to start any games- I've only had one get replies. Of coirse, now I'm tempted to make a game like this, but actually try to make it good.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 10:43:30 am »

I've done the 'refresh every minute to check for new replies' before. Of course, I've barely tried to start any games- I've only had one get replies. Of coirse, now I'm tempted to make a game like this, but actually try to make it good.
Please make Rock Gods. I will join.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2012, 11:46:19 am »

Name: imanuel Kant
Domains: winning, overpoweredness, everything, breaking the fourth wall, gods, rocks
Rock type: !!magnesium!!
Backstory: jerringus occured.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2012, 12:12:08 pm »

After a good nights sleep you wake up delighted to see several new posts in your forum game. Looking over them, you decide that it's time for your game (which is already awesome) to be even more awesome by expanding into new directions.

ok guise sins yur just kiling my woof spirts thers now a a woof spirt overgod evryone has to wurship him and pay tiths or else hel eat you al. also hes a zombie woof spirt and runs a rok band. (hehe im so clvr 'rok band' get it? :) ) and sins you al lik my gam yu cn al be roedies in his band givme ssexy hot rok girs k?

Feeling really good about this new direction, you proceed to breakfast and return a scant 10 minutes later to a masive pile of posts:

Death: OMG THIS IS STUPID YOU ARE STUPID. Screw you guy, I'm out.

Bubbles: Squee! Ok, the fairies of Leyweln mountain all think the new rock band guy is cute so a bunch of them decide to make him their god and follow him around while he tours with his music.

Hey, guys. I've been lurking and this is starting to get epic, so I think I'd like to join if there's still room.

Name: Tiger the roadie
Domain: Groovy guitar riffs
Type of rock: Kimberlite (This is bay12 and nobody's chosen a dwarf fortress rock yet?)
Background: Tiger grew up in the woods jamming on his guitar with his buds, dreaming of one day being part of something bigger. His chance came when the zombie wolf spirits (awesome name for a rock band) came through and he decided to join them. Now he does stage lighting for them in between picking up sexy rock chicks at shows.

Death: I can't even believe how stupid you people are. Zombie rock wolf roadies? Seriously?

Bubbles: You're just jealous, Death. You made a stupid character who just likes to kill things. Wolves are like lone wolves who just want to be loved. Deep in their hearts the fairies know that  if they just love the wolf zombies enough they'll be nice wolf zombies and love them with all their zombie hearts back!

Tiger: Dude, yeah. Everyone likes zombies. I don't see what the problem is.

Clearly the masses are divided on your inspirational new direction, but you're convinced you have something good going here. The common man can't be expected to understand a truly great forum game like this one. You munch on your doritos while you consider what to do next. You also wonder if Toady will ban Bubbles like you demanded he do before you went to bed last night. You kind of hope not since she's so eagerly embracing this new direction, but you're confident that the wolf spirit zombie rock band gods will win many new converts to replace her if need be.

While you ponder this, your mother calls from downstairs to remind you that you're leaving for vacation tonight, and to be sure that you're packed for the trip.

What do you do?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2012, 12:14:07 pm »

(Out of character to people submitting characters...umm...thanks, but you're kind of missing the point. This is a forum game about a forum game. You're playing the guy running the forum game.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5