Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A disappointing end to a promising kick-starter? Newgrounds: The Forskaken City  (Read 1693 times)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, many of you have probably heard of Newgrounds, for those who haven't on the surface it may seem like any other gaming community but it's so much more than that. In the same way that the members of 4chan wield political pressure the amazing potential of Newgrounds is often disregarded in a similar fashion, the impact of Newgrounds is far reaching having produced works of art such as Bitey of Brackenwood, Lucky Day Forever, Tarboy and The Assumption Song.

Cyanide and Happiness frequently post content to Newgrounds as do amazing artists such as Sexual Lobster (damn it's hard to sound sincere whilst typing sexual lobster). They've supported various charities such as the Yellow Ribbon Fund, CARE program and Breast Cancer Awareness so all in all they're not a bad bunch. The Forsaken City is a live action video series that intends to push that message to the world and earn Newgrounds the acclaim and respect it deserves, many of the people working on the project are working without money so if you decide to donate you can rest assured your money will be going straight to props and the tools a talented team needs to make something great.

Check it out and make someone's day ^_^

Sorry for the shameless advertising  :-[

E: Oh, and Charlie the Unicorn, 'tis a miracle I managed to forget that one.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 06:47:37 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You might want to post about this in the thread we've got especially for promoting kickstarters, might be that more forumites will check there. Also, I don't really understand why you're promoting the Newgrounds brand so heavily, since the creators of this project didn't make all of those things (did they make any of them?)

Oh, and you said XKCD, but you pretty clearly meant Cyanide and Happiness.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You might want to post about this in the thread we've got especially for promoting kickstarters, might be that more forumites will check there. Also, I don't really understand why you're promoting the Newgrounds brand so heavily, since the creators of this project didn't make all of those things (did they make any of them?)

I'm considering the projects creators a part of Newgrounds as I'm also considering the other contributions a part of Newgrounds, it's not a single entity but a collective of artists (If you visit Newgrounds at the moment they've dedicated a fair amount of advertising space to the kickstarter). Anyway cheers for the link I still want to keep this thread open so as to facilitate more focused conversation though I'll also post in Dullard's thread.

Oh, and you said XKCD, but you pretty clearly meant Cyanide and Happiness.
*facepalm
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.