Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Quadriga Art LLC and why you shouldn't donate to anyone that uses them  (Read 10039 times)

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, true. I admit, I was part of the Relic Community when Relic's PR guy snapped and posted an abusive tirade about how unpleasable the fan base was for failing to enjoy their perfect product and told us all were were unimportant insects who should learn to appreciate their games and there's no such thing as an underfunded/rushed product, only whiny fans or something. I think he got fired though.

Still, I like to think that PR people at least vaguely understand their jobs. I'll give most of them the benefit of the doubt, so I still say occam's razor and all that. There's alot more angry indignant people with nebulous connections or interests to the companies they're defending than there are PR people searching for their respective companies names on the internet.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 12:10:55 am by Agdune »
I'm Mr. Cellophane

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

They know better.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

I'm calling it 99% chance that this guy is a shill. He goes to the less-trafficked part of a random, not-very-well-known gaming forum, and then chooses to enter a thread about charity. Unless he was lurking and this one thread pissed him off, I don't think that's very likely (who lurks the General Discussion anyway?) unless he searched for Quadriga Art on Google. Then he registers and proceeds to make only two posts, both of which are in this thread.

If he was here because we're a gaming forum, he probably would have posted something about games. If he really just had strong feelings about Quadriga, he probably wouldn't have taken his rebuttal to a random small gaming forum. His behavior really only makes sense for someone who's been paid to show up in whatever instance of complaints about Quadriga they can find. Perhaps to persuade investors in particular too- this thread doesn't come up on the first two google search pages for "quadriga" or "quadriga art" but it does come up on the first page for "quadriga art llc". And the way this thread is going, it's going to be there for a while.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

To be fair, when I was searching for info on google about all this, this thread was like the 8th hit. :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(who lurks the General Discussion anyway?)
I do.

But yeah, the guy's probably working for Quadriga or associates. I don't think anyone else would get so butthurt about it here.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I wanna know what product cycle it was during. Please say Dawn of War 2 :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend

Is this going to turn into the discussion of PR people now? (quite a lot of stuff about pr or company workers flipping the f out)
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Have we ever had a PR shill come into a thread and angrily respond to claims made about their company?  I swear we're nowhere near big or influential enough for all but the pettiest of PR people to care.  Then again, considering his name I guess he falls into that category.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Well, this topic is the 3rd non-news result for Quadriga Art LLC on google. That's pretty huge.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, this topic is the 3rd non-news result for Quadriga Art LLC on google. That's pretty huge.
Anything from these forums ranks pretty damn high on google. Quite often I just use google instead of the forum search feature if I'm trying to find and old thread.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Admittedly, all of our searches are tainted by googles all-seeing-eye, which favours sights we visit, so I'm not sure how accurate any of those statements are about our importance.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Admittedly, all of our searches are tainted by googles all-seeing-eye, which favours sights we visit, so I'm not sure how accurate any of those statements are about our importance.
This thread doesn't show up at all in duckduckgo.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry guys, I looked for a while but can't remember anywhere near enough about the guy to find either his posts or references to them (he was using his handle, so it wasn't even a memorable name). It happened after the release of Homeworld 2, during the near-complete collapse of Sierra (the then publisher for Relic). So like 4-6 years ago.

(It was pretty good timing, managed to perfectly exemplify everything that was going wrong with Sierra and the wider gaming community by coupling bungled, rushed and underfunded releases with mind blowing arrogance and a sense of entitlement, but dammed if it changed anything. 2012, gaming industry's still a train-wreck. Well, paradox is still going fairly strong, but we'll see how long that lasts if they ever get a mainstream hit.)

Relic's only other memorable PR person was someone called Buggo (Company of Heroes Era), who had the unfortunate luck of being a likeable female on the internet, and so ended up drowning in a sea of creepy psuedo-stalkers. I'd be surprised if Relic even HAS a PR department anymore, given how they've been going.

Edit: Wait no! Just remembered, Penny Arcade did a strip on it. Makes it a little easier to find. http://www.penny-arcade.com/2003/09/01. It was a little less dramatic than I remembered, but still a major case of douche-baggery and unprofessional conduct for a PR guy.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:40:48 pm by Agdune »
I'm Mr. Cellophane
Pages: 1 [2]