Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Chimera  (Read 6969 times)

Pride

• Bay Watcher
  • Long live the King.
    • View Profile
Chimera
« on: June 15, 2012, 02:45:21 am »

Current Status: Final version has been completed. Added a serpent tail with bite attack which transfers a pretty lethal syndrome and other misc details.

If you plan on using this creature you can either copy the creature raw below and paste it over the Chimera entry in the creature_fanciful document or you can create a brand new text document specifically for the Chimera itself similar to what other members on this board have done. For that all you need to do is create a next text document. Then rename it creature_WhateverYouWantHere. Open this new file, type in creature_WhateverYouWantHere, and then paste in the Chimera raw.

Here is a download link for those individuals wishing to have a soft copy of the Chimera raws: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6506

Official Chimera raw:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is the body raw you'll need to put in your BODY_DEFAULT file:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:59:45 am by Pride »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Chimera
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 02:56:23 am »

your getting that large list of attacks because every HORN and NAIL/CLAW can be used to attack with. THink of it as "Will a gore him with my 1st right horn? claw him with my back left foot's 3rd toes nail?"

that way if a horn or nail/claw is broken ot removed it can still use the others.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 09:00:01 am »

What's that tag that causes creatures to bite with all of their teeth at once, and scratch with all of their nails at once, and stuff like that?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 11:28:15 am »

I don't think there is one, you could just make the MOUTH bite, but that mean losing all it's teeth will still allow biting. Unless you want to make a custom "Teeth" bone tissue and layer it in the mouth and do the same thing Scratching does (targets the tissue layer to attack with)

*Corrected by Putnam* see below
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 11:38:24 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 11:35:15 am »

I think something like this is what you want:

[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]

This makes the entire "teeth" bodypart work.

You can do the same for other parts that are connected, too:

Code: [Select]
[ATTACK:KNEE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER:BY_CATEGORY:JOINT]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:knee:knees]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:1500]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]

For claws, you would want (I think) this:

[ATTACK:CLAW:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:FOOT:BY_CATEGORY:CLAW]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 11:44:25 am by Putnam »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 11:39:17 am »

looks like I need to update my personal wiki

Pride

• Bay Watcher
  • Long live the King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 12:58:34 pm »

This is an example of what I was referring to. I haven't had a chance to play around with the raws since I first posted so I'll go through some of the suggestions offered here and see if I can't figure out what I did wrong.

*Edit: Well, I figured out why I had 3 bite attacks and 3 horn (gore) attacks; in the raw where you start to list bodyparts [BODY:QUADRUPED:2HEADNECKS...] the bodypart QUADRUPED has a head token in it. I just copied the quadruped entry in the BODY_DEFAULT file and added a new entry called QUADRUPED_NOHEAD and took out the head token. Now my Chimera has 2 bite attacks (one for each head), and two horn attacks (again, one for each head).

*Edit 2: Figured out why there were 12 different claw attacks. Since the QUADRUPED_NOHEAD (which is the new bodypart I created a bit ago) already has legs and feet defined in it, my adding of BASIC_FRONTLEGS and BASIC_REARLEGS created a redundancy.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:34:19 pm by Pride »

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 01:03:52 pm »

Nevermind, I'm an idiot.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 01:12:10 pm by Lucelle »
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

chronojiuj

• Bay Watcher
  • Blue Heaven milkshake
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 01:11:27 pm »

Have you got
Code: [Select]
creature_chimera

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

[CREATURE:CHIMERA]
   [DESCRIPTION:A huge carnivoro... and the  rest

In your chimera's raw?
Dwarf fortress makes you lose weight if you dig too deep and literally shake with anger when someone pulls the lever

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 01:15:20 pm »

Did you remove the vanilla one? in "creature_fanicful.txt" it could be a dupe raw

creature_fanciful

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

[CREATURE:CHIMERA]
   [NAME:chimera:chimeras:chimeric]
   [CREATURE_TILE:'C'][COLOR:2:0:1]
   [FANCIFUL]
   [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
   [PREFSTRING:terrifying features]
   [ALL_ACTIVE]

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 01:17:31 pm »

Okay, so now the chimera just drowns for some strange reason when I place it in the arena, not even able to fight back. I'm convinced I've copied something or done something with the raw completely wrong.

creature_chimera.txt
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 01:24:52 pm by Lucelle »
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

Pride

• Bay Watcher
  • Long live the King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 02:36:44 pm »

@Lucelle
I'm experimenting with a couple things on my end to see why your chimera ends up drowning when placed in the arena. It's a little odd. One thing I noticed which is probably causing you to get some errors in your error log is the seperation in the BODY tag where it lists GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_FANGS. I didn't realize before your post that due to the length of the code that it was getting seperated in the spoiler. Make sure that it all corresponds on one line and that'll keep you from having error print outs.

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 03:53:38 pm »

Okay, fixed that tag, but the creature is still blind and suffocates almost immediately. I went through the rest of the creature.txt and the bit of code in my default_body, and don't see any other mistakes with the tags being separated.

Pride

• Bay Watcher
  • Long live the King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 04:00:41 pm »

I updated the OP with a download link for the raws. If you don't mind could you move your Chimera creature raw, your creature_fanciful.txt and your body_default.txt to your desktop (that way you'll have them as backup), then in the downloadable zip file place those files (excluding the installation file) into your objects folder?

If it's still blind and suffocating let me know.

Thanks!

btw, I modded this creature in the most current version of the game (0.34.11).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 04:02:18 pm by Pride »

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 05:52:07 pm »

Well, the .zip file works perfectly. Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2