Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mod animals to mature faster?  (Read 1457 times)

pulsusego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mod animals to mature faster?
« on: June 15, 2012, 09:34:33 am »

I'm wondering if there's any way to change the raws to make, for instance, newborn dogs mature into fully-grown animals in one year, or better yet, half of a year. The biggest goal with this is, actually, to make my giant cave spiders mature as quickly as possible; I'm trying to make them part of my army but none of them past the breeding ones I began with are mature yet, even though it's been quite a while since they were born. Anyway, thanks for the help in advance if you can, and it's much appreciated. (Also, I don't mind in the slightest that this is cheating, I just want to see some goblins get their faces ripped off by my spiders in true dwarven fasion.)
I got a high master!!!.... animal caretaker... ****.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Mod animals to mature faster?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 09:45:00 am »

To make them get bigger faster, modify the BODY_SIZE tokens. The format is something like [BODY_SIZE:X:Y:Z], where Z is the body size at that time, X is the number of years old, and Y is the number of days after the birthday. So, to get dogs to grow to full size in half a year, change the X and Y of their last BODY_SIZE token to 0 and...168, I think?

To make them stop being children faster, change the CHILD token. For instance, I think dogs have [CHILD:1], which is as far down as you can go, unless you want dogs to skip the puppy stage of behavior and nomenclature (in which case, you DON'T remove the CHILD token--set it to 0, or else the dogs won't breed).

What I want to know is, is there any way to make pregnancies take less time?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Mod animals to mature faster?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 03:24:03 pm »

@GreatWyrmGold: I think making the size at birth will make the pregnancy shorter (I know size of egg determines the time it takes to hatch)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma