Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Total War Discussion Thread  (Read 2575 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 05:46:22 pm »

I love TW, but all I have is Rome and Medieval 2. I never really had an interest in Japan or the era Empire is set in.

Oh man, neither was I but it's such a jump forward in the battle's that it is worth it. Hell, fall of the samurai is one of the games I consistently go back to. Although I admit, if they made a Rome II or Medieval III with the unit replenishment in the newer games, first day purchase right there. Its the only reason I can't play those games anymore.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 11:12:58 pm »

Hey guys. Someone gave out a whole bunch of Gamer's Gate gifts and I managed to pick up a Total War: Rome expansion, looking at the recent sale on Gamer's Gate I was considering buying Medieval and Rome. 

However it seems Gamer's Gate lists SecuROM as DRM on these games still. Is this DRM still present in the game or is there some way to easily crack it out? If not I'll just regift the expansion and let some other person deal with it.
I'm finding it rather scary that it could be safer for my computer to pirate games these days. >_>

If I do decide to keep it what are the best mods out there? I played Empire Total War for a bit but I was rather let down by the shallow feeling economy after playing so many Paradox games.
Something that's not a full ahistorical conversion.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:17:12 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 02:34:05 am »

I've started playing Empire again. I didn't really enjoy it much when I first got it due to poor performance and its whole 'soullessness' and feel compared to Medieval and Rome. Don't ask me to explain that. But anyhow, I'm having a nice game with Poland-Lithuania even though I'm constantly desperately trying to think of ways to keep Austria from declaring war. But battles are fun, it's so soothing watching lines of men stand around just shooting at eachother. Mmh.

I enjoyed playing Empire: Total War for a while, though I didn't bother much with actually fighting the battles unless my army was seriously outnumbered. My game fizzled out before the final 'win' when I was playing the Maratha empire after I conquered all of India, pushing out the Europeans entirely, planted a large enough navy to make sure they couldn't even think of making landings, and placed a complete stranglehold on one of the trade submaps. Making that amount of money each turn, it was just a case of building full stacks and conquering anything I felt like attacking, so I ran out of interest.
Pages: 1 [2]