Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: [Giveaway 2.0] - Gnomoria [OVER]  (Read 24733 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Giveaway 2.0] - Gnomoria [OVER]
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2012, 02:12:30 pm »

first 9 winners have been sent codes from BMT for their copies. The rest will be sent when the other winners PM me their email.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Skeeball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2012, 04:25:09 pm »

So if you actually place the statue it's worth a lot more. I started with stone statues when I was first figuring out the game and what all the stuff does so my next try I made a copper statue and I noticed when placed the value is between 700 and 5000 based on quality. My next try I found a bunch of silver which was between 1000 and 15... Game actually says 15... and it's better for homogeneous statues than mixed ones. Last try I was making Gold statues which when placed are between 2k and 50k when placed. Most of the time I found gold under -70 depth. I was putting them all in my great hall with a few tables and chairs and the food and drink stockpiles, one for each. Stone statues are only worth about 9 to 50 when not placed and 210 when placed. Similar with wood. So at the end I would get my miners to only mine and have everyone else working on hauling or smelting and metalcrafting depending on if they had natural talent for metal crafting or not and after I made 6 crates 2 for coal 2 for ore and 2 for bars i just hauled and smelted the rest of the time.

So basically the process is you have to make 96 planks and 40 stone blocks, a carpenter for the crates and 4 tables and chairs which is deconstructed when done,  2 smelters that I raised the priority in the overview tab, a furnace, a copper metalworker, top priority, that I usually find the ore for on the way down along with some other trash tin or malachite that I use to make the first 2 crappy statues with to warm up my crafter, then the rest of the time just try to get to gold or silver.  Don't bother with a dorm or foraging they usually have enough to last them if you place a stockpile for them to find the stuff. At the workshops if they don't have the materials to make something they will start on the next thing on the list but they will try to make the thing on the top first if they have all the ingredients so I keep my smelters going non stop by having them prioritize gold(repeat) then silver(repeat) then any metal(repeat) and the same at the metalcrafter. The only thing about gold is the ore is some 200 steps away so on the last 2 days I have 3 guys smelting, making coal or making statues and NO hauling and everyone else is bringing them the materials and placing the statues... And that's a lot of text but that's what I did.

Also I didn't use the stair trick to find ore I looked for holes and was just annoyed by them not being able to place stairs in a nice straight line or having my miners get stuck and unable to get back up.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2012, 06:04:07 pm »

I count as a winner, even though I came in last? O_o

* MaximumZero attempts to put the pieces of his head back together.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Fosfor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2012, 06:43:28 pm »

Also I didn't use the stair trick to find ore I looked for holes and was just annoyed by them not being able to place stairs in a nice straight line or having my miners get stuck and unable to get back up.

How do you mean that about stucking miners? How is it possible to get stucked? I thought it is because stairs can block movement if placed in the wrong way. But I've tried to place it in the same way in a new game and the littles were able to pass through in every direction. Moreover, Blindsight from Gnomoria forum confirm that stairs cannot block movement... So I'm wondering why my gnomes have been stucked down there...

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2012, 06:58:26 pm »

FYI, Gnomoria is on Desura now and everyone who won a copy should get an email from them in the next 2 days.

Everyone else, buy it here http://www.desura.com/games/gnomoria for $7.99

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2012, 09:11:29 pm »

Just got my copy. Looking forward to playing.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hundsstern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2012, 05:52:35 am »

So there is really Platinum? Damn it. Never found some. All i did was crafting golden necklaces. A nice map with a connected underground cave-system is a very nice advantage.

Biggest pain for me was when a miner on lvl -80 was going to drink outside and then back to the mining designation on lvl -80. He removed some blocks and then he was hungry. He then went back for food outside and then back to lvl -80 but was falling asleep on his way. And there was no time to build up a proper infrastructure. I've tried it once but messed it up. I'm sure it would be possible but this needs more practice and a clear brain.

Competition was great. I've learned a lot about the game. Waiting for my copy now. Got my email right now. Thx to hemmingjay!
Freedom and individuality!

Hundsstern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2012, 07:12:02 am »

lol. 6 golden statues.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I know it is over but i had to try this.
Freedom and individuality!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2012, 07:37:05 am »

I pity you against that invasion!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]