Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: [Giveaway 2.0] - Gnomoria [OVER]  (Read 24853 times)

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Giveaway 2.0] - Play to win Gnomoria
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2012, 07:44:50 pm »

I feel sorry to those who are actually trying to play the game normally and not spamming.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2012, 08:02:33 pm »

Yeah, I think a "vote on the most impressive construction" would be better.  Put up a poll and allow 10 options to be selected, so everyone gets 10 votes and you see who's best.

Acronum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Acronums
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2012, 11:43:19 pm »

HEY HEMMINGJAY!!!
while i was browsing indie games and all,
i stumbled across the indiefort bundle (which is actually pretty good)
and you donated the most :P
i wonder if its the same hemmingjay or some other dude :/
http://www.youtube.com/Acronums
Lets play of Dwarf Fortress, and a bunch others!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2012, 11:53:34 pm »

I'm convinced that Hemmingjay is actually Google.  That's the only way to explain the bottomless money.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2012, 12:01:25 am »

I'm convinced that Hemmingjay is actually Google.  That's the only way to explain the bottomless money.
Nah not google, at least Bill Gates or something like that, someone who can't do anything publicly with their true name else they would ruin their "EVIL" reputation or something...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2012, 12:10:30 am »

I sorta gave up on this after I learned everyone was just clearcutting forests and stuff in a direct attempt to win instead of actually playing the game the way it was meant to be played.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Hundsstern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2012, 02:17:13 am »

That's my last one. Did it my way. Can't do it anymore. At least for now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My entry i guess

Amazing job!

Heads up, there are no ring or necklace stockpiles yet so you can only make 20 that will sit in jewlcrafter's stall unmovable.

Yeah, that's right. But you can deconstruct and rebuild it. Works a few times and it pays well.

I feel sorry to those who are actually trying to play the game normally and not spamming.

May it be spamming golden statues or creating goods. It's hard work. My last game took me 4 hours. And i can't wait to play the game normally but you can't play the demo normally with 5 ingame-days.

I sorta gave up on this after I learned everyone was just clearcutting forests and stuff in a direct attempt to win instead of actually playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

We are just trying to use all possibilities. And btw. clearcutting the forest won't make you rich. And I can play the game when I got the full version. But this is a competition based on highscore.
Freedom and individuality!

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2012, 02:49:17 am »

My entry. Nothing crazy. Only four statues were built.

Skeeball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2012, 03:14:06 am »

May it be spamming golden statues or creating goods. It's hard work. My last game took me 4 hours. And i can't wait to play the game normally but you can't play the demo normally with 5 ingame-days.

True story.

We are just trying to use all possibilities. And btw. clearcutting the forest won't make you rich. And I can play the game when I got the full version. But this is a competition based on highscore.

More true story. I made my millions in the gnome world by experimenting with the materials given and crafting my little gnomes hearts out then refining the process to make as much as possible in those little 5 days.  In my final attempt I played inception and dug deeper to the bottom of the map to find the choicest nugs (nuggets of ore) to make the finest crafts and get the highest score... which I thought was the point of this little contest. Don't be jelly because you can't craft good. It's still fun. I had to build a huge bridge across a chasm to get to where I needed to go, which I thought was pretty cool, and by the end I had each and every one of my gnomes working to pump out that final piece. Also there's lava at the bottom so watch out.

Skeeball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2012, 04:06:25 am »

Seriously though, let us designate stair digging in unknown areas. Waiting for the miner to dig to every step is tedious.

Also, designating over open space in unexplored areas shows boxes in the space below.

A bit late on this but you CAN designate stair digging in unknown areas. Just make sure you're assigning them to the correct square or you'll end up getting your gnomes trapped... And I thought gnomes were supposed to be smart.

So anyways what you would do for instance is right click>Terrain>dig>down stairs then place the first step, move one block over, scroll down one block, place second step, repeat. You can only dig upstairs from below them and you can only dig down stairs from above them. The game is still in alpha so it's still a bit buggy with things like that but it's easy enough to work around... I don't even want to mess with indoor ramps

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2012, 04:56:21 am »

Seriously though, let us designate stair digging in unknown areas. Waiting for the miner to dig to every step is tedious.

Also, designating over open space in unexplored areas shows boxes in the space below.

A bit late on this but you CAN designate stair digging in unknown areas. Just make sure you're assigning them to the correct square or you'll end up getting your gnomes trapped... And I thought gnomes were supposed to be smart.

I posted that an hour or so after he updated the game so that you could, though i didn't know that he had.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2012, 07:04:05 am »

There's only 11 submissions, so if you hurry you might be surprised!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Fosfor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2012, 07:51:23 am »

So I add my humble contribution from yesterday:

BTW: few minutes ago one of my promising mine run out of time. Unfortunately I've realized bad direction of some stairs too late - two gnomes died of thrist, plenty of golds and gems were left buried deep in the darkness..

But it is amazing game  8)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2012, 09:22:11 am »

OK, since there were only 12 valid submissions I decided to reward all of them with a copy. I will buy the 2 extra copies myself. Winners listed below PM me an email address so I can submit it to BMT for codes. I cannot submit until all have sent me an address. Congrats and thanks for participating!

Winners:
roboboy33             14943
Hugehead              12503
Neyvn                  35325
empty                  23023
ivefan                 111773
acronum               23885
Hundsstern           75845
meta                   12581
leyic                   23934
maximumzero         1940
a spoony bard        9653
fosfor                  10171
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: [Giveaway 2.0] - Gnomoria [OVER]
« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2012, 09:36:40 am »

Awesome! :D

As always, thank you hemmingway for your generosity and your time used for organizing this giveaway!

I really like this one because it made me play the game, even if I should not have win a copy.

And because of all of this, I won't PM you my email, and I'll buy my own copy! Nah! :P
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8