Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: [Giveaway 2.0] - Gnomoria [OVER]  (Read 24846 times)

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Giveaway 2.0] - Gnomoria [OVER]
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2012, 10:18:31 am »

Since Hemmingjay hasn't told us where he's getting all this money, we have to assume he is either Bill Gates, Google, or a very successful bank robber.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2012, 10:21:27 am »

Doesn't seem like there is much difference between those three options  :D

My money comes from what I assume is the same place as everyone else. I return bottles and cans for the deposit money.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2012, 10:22:47 am »

Doesn't seem like there is much difference between those three options  :D

My money comes from what I assume is the same place as everyone else. I return bottles and cans for the deposit money.
Do you collect your entire towns cans and bottles?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2012, 10:26:39 am »

Aww, I thought it's supposed to be thursday, not tuesday for it to end! My goddamn sleepy memory... Congratulations to all the participants, and a great Thank You to Hemmingjay!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2012, 10:34:40 am »

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-

I thought it ended tomorrow. :( Was out all week due to work and family issues, never got a chance to submit. :P Bah.

Good luck and congrats, folks! :D
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Giveaway 2.0] - Play to win Gnomoria
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2012, 10:51:23 am »

HEY HEMMINGJAY!!!
while i was browsing indie games and all,
i stumbled across the indiefort bundle (which is actually pretty good)
and you donated the most :P
i wonder if its the same hemmingjay or some other dude :/

It was me. Just showing some support to the devs of those games(the ones I know) and our own AlexPoysky who manages the Indiefort

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2012, 11:17:13 am »

Congrats to the winner, and hooray for hemmingjay!

AHEM
Could the highest scorers write the worth of some of the Items they tried spamming during the contest?
I am making a table for the wiki and this would be valuable info.
Thanks!

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2012, 11:21:50 am »

The first thing I tried was finding rare ores. But that takes too long for just a 6 day period. (I didn't know about the ladder "glitch")
Then I tried producing as much stone statues as I could. Which worked okay. Then I randomly tried making a wooden statue and notice those were valued 310ish % more then stone statues.
So in my next run I assigned three teams. 1 woodcutting carpentry team. 1 mining stone cutting team and a hauling team.

Fosfor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2012, 11:56:32 am »

Thanks for the giveaway, thanks for the opportunity to get deeper in the game (sometimes literally deeper ;)). And congrats to all winners 8)
BTW: now it is time to pay off little bit - to post all bugs we have found last days and to update wiki (as Xinvoker mentioned before).

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2012, 12:04:54 pm »

Gold Ore is 100☼ and their Bars are 301☼.

Crafting into Coins makes them;

Poorly Crafted 751☼
Base Crafted 801☼
Finely Crafted 1301☼
Superiority Crafted 2801☼

And a Gold Statue that is Finely Crafted is 3201☼

Platinum Ore is 200☼ ANNOYINGLY DESPITE THE FURNACES SET TO SMELT PLATINUM AND THEY KEPT GOING FOR THE GOLD! I never got to Smelt any Platinum...

Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2012, 12:22:19 pm »

I will buy the 2 extra copies myself.
And Hemmingjay gives away his secret!  Looks like RoboB0b gave him 10 copies as an advertisement.  Which is a pretty good idea, got a lot of people interested.

And yeah, wood is more expensive than stone, I noticed this when doing block walls and wooden floors, the plank floors are worth more than the cut stone.  Go figure.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2012, 12:48:39 pm »

Could the highest scorers write the worth of some of the Items they tried spamming during the contest?
Cant access it game right now, but platinum ore is 200, bar 601. I made necklaces of it and i think i got one at 11k, because it said "11..."
fun fact, jeweled necklaces is of lower value than non gemmed.

The first thing I tried was finding rare ores. But that takes too long for just a 6 day period. (I didn't know about the ladder "glitch")
I did not use the glitch and managed to get my score because my map had lots of open space.

Fosfor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2012, 12:58:59 pm »

I did not use the glitch and managed to get my score because my map had lots of open space.

Yep, I was using openspace too - to locate resources. And to locate open space digging designation can be used - open space cannot be designated to be digg out and thus help you to find the nearest way to discover large part of underworld.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2012, 01:53:52 pm »

I will buy the 2 extra copies myself.
And Hemmingjay gives away his secret!  Looks like RoboB0b gave him 10 copies as an advertisement.  Which is a pretty good idea, got a lot of people interested.

And yeah, wood is more expensive than stone, I noticed this when doing block walls and wooden floors, the plank floors are worth more than the cut stone.  Go figure.

YUP! I stated this clearly. I purchased 10 copies for one giveaway, he gave me 10 more and I am purchasing an additional 2. I always clearly state if I am given any of the prizes  :)

edit: errr, not so clearly stated, as it was in the first giveaway's thread towards the end. Sorry!

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2012, 02:03:49 pm »

I didn't focus on producing much of anything (though I tried) as I got tired of managing the stockpiles needed to keep the supply lines efficient (almost 19,000 of my value comes from raw ore). My "strategy" was to make all the gnomes into pickaxe-equipped miners and dig down until I hit the cavern, then head straight for all the gold and platinum I could see. It helps that parts of the cavern are traversable, so you don't have to dig all the way to the metals. I only used the glitch after I reached the vein to designate the ore tiles so I didn't have to babysit the process.

Possible glitch: Rose gold bars are only worth 100 each. The process gives four bars (400 total), but consumes three gold bars (301 each, 903 total), so you lose over half of the value by producing rose gold.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8