Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random Forbidden Items on Stock Screen  (Read 4061 times)

Somnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Random Forbidden Items on Stock Screen
« on: June 15, 2012, 11:21:14 pm »

Hey everyone, got a question for you. Occasionally I'll go look through my Stocks screen and many items are forbidden. I'm not sure why they're being forbidden, and it's items that I myself haven't made. For instance, random iron helms and copper armor, leather clothing, etc. will show up on the stock screen, and  have that big yellow F on them. Any idea why this might be?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Forbidden Items on Stock Screen
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 11:27:33 pm »

If you have orders set to forbid items on death, they're probably from dead goblins.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 11:29:16 pm »

Or trade caravans, although funnily enough that doesn't stop your dwarves from stealing from then anyway when it comes to food.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

KassaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 07:12:05 pm »

This is an old topic, but  have the same question.. ant not the answer, any ideas ?

The same for me, I always have a lots of fobidden items in my stock, and I don't know where they from (not me and not ennemies)

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 11:27:29 pm »

Visitors' belongings, perhaps?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 12:29:20 am »

There are settings to review in 'o' 'F'.... They choose whether an item will be forbidden if it is dropped. Those settings are one reason items are auto-forbidden. Another reason is when you Dump items, they are auto-forbidden.

If you expand the Stocks menu with Tab and find the forbidden items, you can Zoom to them and see where they are. Sometimes there is a pile of stuff from some creature that died or a caravan wagon that was abandoned.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 02:47:13 am »

As mentioned, the main reasons for forbidden non native stuff are:
- Dead invader belongings
- Scuttled caravan goods
- Dead visitor belongings

In addition to that, your own dumping activities. Caravan goods and visitor/invader belongings are marked in red on the stocks screen, but are not forbidden.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 03:07:49 am »

Caravan goods and visitor/invader belongings are marked in red on the stocks screen, but are not forbidden.

Has this changed between 0.43 and 0.44? Otherwise, you got the last one upside down: caravan goods are indeed red/unforbidden, but belongings of live invaders and visitors are ordinary forbidden stuff that can be freely claimed.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 08:16:44 am »

Caravan goods and visitor/invader belongings are marked in red on the stocks screen, but are not forbidden.

Has this changed between 0.43 and 0.44? Otherwise, you got the last one upside down: caravan goods are indeed red/unforbidden, but belongings of live invaders and visitors are ordinary forbidden stuff that can be freely claimed.
I probably have it backwards. I'm not aware of any changes for the new arc.

KassaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 10:16:59 am »

Yeah, it was probably goods from caravans.... They drop a lot of goods !!!