Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Eradicating a Civilization?  (Read 6636 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Eradicating a Civilization?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 05:44:44 pm »

"Praise Armok, I'm twelve today!"

"This one's a militia captain."

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 06:22:41 pm »

Question :

I have embarked on a eradicated civilization (and i'm still at war with the elves close from where i have embarked...). I have had the first two waves....AS WELL AS A TRADING CARAVAN. Is that normal ?

Yes, since Toady touched entity populations in 0.31.13 and following versions, you can't actually make the dwarven civilization truly extinct. You may have no mountain halls or population, but the starting seven, migrants, and caravans will be created out of nowhere for your game.

Set the pop cap to zero, and remove [ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN] from the dwarven entity raw file. Then, you'll only get the first two migrant waves, and no dwarven caravan.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 07:13:18 pm »

I could just imagine though, a goblin diplomat arriving one season before a siege. If he is ignored, bam, siege and he leaves. If your mayor speaks to him, they discuss a treaty so they don't attack for the next 2-3 years. Deny him, insult him and spit in his face, or even kill him, he will leave. He should only come every 3 years or so, and he should speak in a demeaning manner, like the elves. Probably without the short jokes though.

Bonus points if civilians throw dirt/rotten food at him as he travels your fortress.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 07:15:57 pm »

I could just imagine though, a goblin diplomat arriving one season before a siege. If he is ignored, bam, siege and he leaves. If your mayor speaks to him, they discuss a treaty so they don't attack for the next 2-3 years. Deny him, insult him and spit in his face, or even kill him, he will leave. He should only come every 3 years or so, and he should speak in a demeaning manner, like the elves. Probably without the short jokes though.

Bonus points if civilians throw dirt/rotten food at him as he travels your fortress.
How does he leave if he's dead?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 08:03:15 pm »

It is indeed possible to drive your dwarf civilization to extinction if you start in the double-digits.  Careless massacres and engineering mishaps in two seperate fortresses taught me this.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 01:35:51 am »

Yes, since Toady touched entity populations in 0.31.13 and following versions, you can't actually make the dwarven civilization truly extinct. You may have no mountain halls or population, but the starting seven, migrants, and caravans will be created out of nowhere for your game.

Ok so i have my 2 firsts waves, and the caravan, but not more ? Even if some other dwarves civilization are still alive, i won't have more migrants ?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 01:37:46 am »

Ok so i have my 2 firsts waves, and the caravan, but not more ? Even if some other dwarves civilization are still alive, i won't have more migrants ?

Dwarves pretend that other dwarven civs dont exist.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WriterX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 04:13:36 am »

Dwarves pretend that other dwarven civs dont exist.

That would be an awesome challenge, creating your own civilization from scratch!

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 04:25:31 am »

I have one world gen where all dwarves civ are eradicated, by elves (a 150-years long war with 53 sites destroyed), and the war is still going on so wherever you go, you will be at war with elves because 2 civilizations of elves are at war with dwarves.

There are no dwarves elves, only 1000 who lives in gob cities.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 01:37:15 am »

Toady stated that he is working on a system where you can send your armies to attack enemies, but I'm pretty sure their defense would be so superior that your dwarves won't win.

Also you can wait until he put back the ability to meddle with non-human civ in adventurer and then become a necromancer and hunt down the gobbos.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 02:48:32 am »

The only way out is through the chimney.

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 11:04:31 am »

The only way out is through the chimney.

Oh no... you didn't.  :o
Pages: 1 [2]