Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Slight problem  (Read 2558 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Slight problem
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 04:13:10 pm »

I think most bin bashing comes from people getting used to the ease of minecart quantum stockpiles, and the pain it is to avoid the endless loops where dorfs haul a bin to the pile, grab it, put something from the pile in it, put the bin in the pile, take something out and put it in the feeder pile, put it back in the qsp, pull the bin out, put the item back in the bin, etc, etc, etc, forever. Barrels get similar results if you mix them carelessly into the qsp lists but they're more of a necessary thing than bins are if you aren't already used to bins.
heh I suppose so...
Also I likenyour pic, from the goblins webcomic...
:D
I started reading it and loved it early on, then I saw him slam out of the doomforest with that explanation, and when I joined the boards here I could think of no other avatar I'd rather use.

Voidlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 08:14:07 am »

I think most bin bashing comes from people getting used to the ease of minecart quantum stockpiles, and the pain it is to avoid the endless loops where dorfs haul a bin to the pile, grab it, put something from the pile in it, put the bin in the pile, take something out and put it in the feeder pile, put it back in the qsp, pull the bin out, put the item back in the bin, etc, etc, etc, forever. Barrels get similar results if you mix them carelessly into the qsp lists but they're more of a necessary thing than bins are if you aren't already used to bins.
heh I suppose so...
Also I likenyour pic, from the goblins webcomic...
:D
I started reading it and loved it early on, then I saw him slam out of the doomforest with that explanation, and when I joined the boards here I could think of no other avatar I'd rather use.
heh, i feel sorry for chief in it
The Void shall consume all

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2014, 08:44:57 am »

I just set up my linkages as I go. It helps that I have a standard design that settles two stockpile areas right next to each workshop. I haven't started playing with feeder stockpiles yet, but that's my next effort, to keep my people from overdoing the hauling jobs.

Voidlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 05:36:50 am »

Typically my forge area is quite large, with two wood burners to piss off the elves (might relocate my trade depot to my forge area...), 2 smelters and 2 metalsmiths, with huge stockpiles for each
The Void shall consume all
Pages: 1 [2]