Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]

Author Topic: You are King II.I OOC Thread - Almost always accepting new players  (Read 74116 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King II.I OOC Thread - Almost always accepting new players
« Reply #690 on: July 07, 2012, 10:37:12 am »

Shoot, we need a regional map too. Our kingdom and its surrounnding neighbours. Can't do international stuff without it.

First draft:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Forts are only visible if inside the kingdom / near its border / on the coast.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 07, 2012, 11:00:20 am »

Hrrrgh, timezones!

So I guess I'm going with a Comte, or possibly...is it possible to take over the Northwatch? Is it possible, too, to be a knight and a noble at the same time?

Forgive me for my lack of French/German Nobility roles.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 07, 2012, 11:07:52 am »

Hrrrgh, timezones!

So I guess I'm going with a Comte, or possibly...is it possible to take over the Northwatch? Is it possible, too, to be a knight and a noble at the same time?

Forgive me for my lack of French/German Nobility roles.

Yes to both. You get 8 parcels with Northwatch (compared to 5 for nobles with a city).

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 07, 2012, 11:38:50 am »

Tiruin, if you take Northwatch, your proper title should be "Marquis", since you are in control of a border province, or "march".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 07, 2012, 12:31:22 pm »

((Thanks Ardas, had all titles mentioned earlier opened in wikipedia, to be sure.  :P))

Well then, I hope this new one is reasonable enough. And thank you for that:

Player: Tiruin
Position: Marquis of the Northwatch
Full Name: Renart Lionel

Bio: Born an Adranic fully in blood and in belief, Renart has lived a long and ardous life. A Northener to the end, he remains loyal to the reigning family and to whomever carries the Dragonspine Scepter.

In truth, the War of the Hounds was more of a burden than a boon to him, for though he lived to see it's beginning and it's end, including the passing of leadership of the victors, the strain and stress of fighting a two-fold battle between the Southeners and the Haegar people debilitated his memory - making him forgetful in the short term of recent events.

Yet as a Noble and as a defender of the realm, his tactical skill and reputation among the people under his command has not wavered in the passing of the years, with the reasons being due to his aptitude and fervor on the field of battle, to the equal treatment given to freemen and slaves in turn.

Traits:
Chivalric Retinue - "A whole regiment of mounted knights, trained and bred for the protection of the realm." [Cavalry & Disciplined regiment]
Astute - "They say I'm too old for this, but age has it's benefits." [+1 to tactics]

((If the traits go over the limit, remove the Disciplined upgrade))

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 07, 2012, 12:56:17 pm »

All sheets approved save for the two below. Tiruin, you only have half a tactics skill. By training it, you'll be able to raise it to a full tactics skill, then the levels 2 and 3 will be available to you - if you have the time, of course.

Player: Dragor
Position: Comte of the southern plains (south of the capital)
Full Name: Theor Blackshield or Schwerzshilt in the southern dialect
Bio:  Theor Blackshield is a descendant from the old noble houses of the south, which got nearly eradicated in the War of the Hounds. Once a great cade branch of the monarchs from the South, his family took great suffers. They lost their land in the war, they lost their gold and at last they lost their honour, because they swore fealty to the new king. Only because of this betrayal, his house survived. But at what cost? Once great ducs on the coast, now he only inherit the lowly title of a Comte from his dead father.

Growing up as a minority in the nobility of Windheath and the poorness of his house, Theor is a little bit bitter in his heart and is often sarcastic when he's annoyed or angered. But he has the ambition to rise his house out of the ashes and let rise it like a phoenix. Diligent and never giving up, he hungers after prestige and wealth.

Traits :
Diligent : +1 administration
"You will never get fame when you don't work for it, lad."
Skilled duelist : +1 to personal combat rolls
"In a fight man against man you know you're alive...Unless you're stupid enough to die."

Everything ok save for one thing: Administration. To my knowledge, there are no rolls requiring administration skills in YaK. Unless you can give me an example of what you'd do with it, you'll have to take something else.

Player: Deny
Position: A freelance mercaneary
Full Name: Theoclius Marximus
Bio: Born a Ralkarian, he managed to climb his way up the ladder of rich and powerful, till he owned a small buisness, he looked set to take over his nation as he was the second richest man in the nation and the richest was close to dying, Then the third richest, a man named Alexidor, through a series of piracy, bribes and law suits drove him out of buisness, and Theoclius was forced to watch Alexidor come to power, and, realising that he would soon lose all his money, he gatherd a group of his freinds, sold all his remaining buisness, bought the best weapons and armour he could afford, and set off to be a mercanairy. His band has had good times and bad time, and not many of the original group remains, but his band has become a place for those who have been cast out of their society, resulting in them and becoming a very multicultural band, his men are armed with a wide variety of weapons,from bradswords to billhooks, from axes to spears, and from bows to crossbows, their equipment varies from each person, depending on were they came from, he has recently decided to try his luck in windheath, although he unfortunatly came too late for the civil war, he needs his money back before he can head off again, so for now he's stuck in Windheath.

Traits:
Way with words +1 charisma
Come on, you know you want too...
Troops:
Theo's Band 1 regiment of heavy troops
Also known as the odd ones or, more insultingly, societies rejects, this band are a wide collection of cultures, with freindships forged in countless battles, they are fiercly loyal to Theoclius

I have to ask: what are your plans for this character? I am strongly against loners in this game, so I doubt that I'll allow your char and his band to "head off again".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 07, 2012, 01:01:32 pm »

All sheets approved save for the two below. Tiruin, you only have half a tactics skill. By training it, you'll be able to raise it to a full tactics skill, then the levels 2 and 3 will be available to you - if you have the time, of course.
I don't suppose I lack the points to add to that trait, right?

I guess I'll train on the field then, later on. Cheers to the new reign of King Albert.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 07, 2012, 01:04:57 pm »

The regiment you want costs 2.5d and the trait costs 1d. So you can keep the trait divided in two, or get rid of the disciplined upgrade.

Edit: Although you only have 2d to start with, as a landed noble. So you have to either drop both upgrades, or the trait and the Disciplined upgrade.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 01:35:56 pm by Shootandrun »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #698 on: July 07, 2012, 01:37:25 pm »

Player: King of the Weasels
Position: Marquis of War's End
Full Name: Cyril "The Bastard" Rotwalden

Description: 29, Light Brown Hair, Grey eyes, fair skin, light beard.  His banner is a pair of weasels holding an oak branch.

Bio: Cyril was born from the one off affair of Leon Rotwalden, Marquis of War's End, and his wife Erika's Eldaric handmaiden, Acedia Vetsky.  When the affair was found out shortly after it happened, Acedia was banished and found recluse working in the kitchen's of the then Queen of Windheath, Kathryn Conricht. 

Shortly after Cyril was born and at age 9 became a wine bearer in her court.  During his time serving the queen he learned much of politics and nobility.  When Cyril turned 14 he became a squire for one of the many knights of the court though he was unaware on how he was given such an opportunity, though it was short lived, as Leon's wife Erika had succumbed to illness, leaving no heirs.  The Marquis who had always been kind to young Cyril during his visits to the Capitol revealed himself as his father, claiming he would of done it earlier had it not been for his wife, and the shame and grief she would of caused him.  With his mother already laid to rest, Cyril joined the Marquis on his journey back to War's End.

During his 20th birthday Cyril, his father, and a small group of lesser nobility went hunting in the Iron Woods.  During the trip a terrible blizzard separated Cyril from the rest of the group, and he became lost in the dark forest. He was lost for what felt  for days, and very well could of been, until he came to a small fort in the middle of the fortress.  When the castle walls opened he could only take 2 steps before collapsing.  He awoke to a young woman, and was instantly smitten.  The woman's name was Claire Feemure and she was the daughter of the Baron of Le Gel Gardien De Fort, also called Fort Frostwarden.  He was returned home a few days later, but would return constantly as the months and years passed.  Eventually they would marry.

During the summer of his 24th year, Cyril's father, Leon Rotwalden, grew ill, and passed away.  Cyril was named Marquis of War's End. Two years later Cyril's son, Dimitri was born.

Traits:
Hawkeye: +1 to personal archery checks.
"Bullseye"
Hunting Party: +1 strength when leading armies with archers. +2 strength when leading armies with nothing but archers.
"We don't hunt our enemies like we hunt the elk, we have respect for the elk."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 05:38:54 pm by King_of_the_weasels »
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 07, 2012, 02:51:03 pm »

Edit: Although you only have 2d to start with, as a landed noble. So you have to either drop both upgrades, or the trait and the Disciplined upgrade.
Dropping the trait and disciplined then.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #700 on: July 07, 2012, 04:27:50 pm »

Player: Skyrunner
Position: Duc de Dechire
Name: Burminac Rasgar

A tall man with wide shoulders, with skin tone that suggests he has been under the sun more than most nobles do. He is as stubborn as a glacier, and blunter than a smith's hammer; once firmly set on a path, it will take more than words to turn him off it, and he does not care for playing of words.
He was born between an Adranic father and an Altanic mother, and thus often is mocked with the less desirable aspects of Altanic culture, despite having been brought up in an Adranic manner. For unknown reasons, he has a Altanic salt-room in a corner of his garden, empty but looking as if it was regularly cleaned and could be set to use at any time.

He firmly believes that the barbaric Haegars must be beaten off decidedly.

Traits:
Duke of the Seas: +4 tactics bonus to naval combat rolls only.
"I do pledge to secure the seas from the Haegar threat, to not let a raiding go unpunished, and to work towards what is best for the strengthening of the King's navy."

Charisma: +1 bonus to charisma.
"They say he has a certain way of saying things that make you just want to do it. The same words said by a lesser man could never have the same effect..."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:35:08 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 07, 2012, 04:29:36 pm »

Right, KoW and Tiruin are validated.

Revision to the trade routes system. Nobles can still set up trade routes which grant them 1d/year at the cost of 2d; however, now they are directed to the capital. This is called national trade routes. There is no limit to the number of national trade routes can have: all nobles can make up to one trade route/resource. So if a noble has access to six resources, he can set up six trade routes.

Once the capital receives three trade routes of one resource, it can trade it with other nations (again, costs 2d and gives 1d/year) and import stuff inside the kingdom. No matter if there are 3 or 3000 national trade routes for one resource, there can still be only one international route for said resource.

Minor nobles cannot trade between themselves.

Also, KoW and Sky: approved.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 07, 2012, 04:37:03 pm »

Now that everyone has posted his sheet, the game can begin. I will post the thread: don't post until the "DON'T POST" thing at the post has disappeared.

As per YaK tradition, our honorable King gets the honor of the first roleplaying post.

Edit: done
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:46:37 pm by Shootandrun »

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 08, 2012, 11:03:08 am »

What the ....... happend here?
i'm away for some days and there is a ton of posts.
I want to be a war noble.
Player: Child of Armok
Position: General
Full name: Leandros Aeragionin
Bio: He was born in the capital and grew up in the same place, but was forgotten by his parents.
When he was 18 he joined the army, where he quikcly drew the attention of the Trainer.
They trained him and eventually he became a sergeant.
After that he Rised in position in the army.

I'm writing this in a rush.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 02:37:49 pm by Child of Armok »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 08, 2012, 04:18:09 pm »

We have a new thread and a new template for characters. I suggest you get info on that and on the new game world in the You are King III thread, then post your completed character in the You are King III OOC thread.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]